+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13
1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 246

Thread: Gimme a fuckin break...

  1. #1
    Hoosegow'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1

    Gimme a fuckin break...

    I tracked down this site because I love the music created by PM Dawn.

    I tracked down this site because I wanted to find out more about PM Dawn.

    I tracked down this site because I hoped to discover there was more music on the way.

    What I found was 2 types of people; those like me who, like all fans, just wanted a litlle bit more of what stirs their bones.

    And then I found a bunch of fucking self important fuckers who have assumed the role of spokesman and guardian of the man who created this music in the first place, seemingly whether he wanted it or not.

    F*#cked Music?

    Fucked Fans.....you bunch of self righteous wankers, suppose I'll see you in the "banned section"

  2. #2
    TBA Brian221's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,240

    Quote Originally Posted by adrian_smith1@hotmail.com
    I tracked down this site because I love the music created by PM Dawn.
    Hax created this site because he loves Pm Dawn. I created PmDawn.net because I love Pm Dawn.

    Quote Originally Posted by adrian_smith1@hotmail.com
    I tracked down this site because I wanted to find out more about PM Dawn.
    You'll never have that chance now - because you'll be banned from both sites.

    Quote Originally Posted by adrian_smith1@hotmail.com
    What I found was 2 types of people; those like me who, like all fans, just wanted a litlle bit more of what stirs their bones.
    That accurately describes every single member of this board.

    Quote Originally Posted by adrian_smith1@hotmail.com
    And then I found a bunch of fucking self important fuckers who have assumed the role of spokesman and guardian of the man who created this music in the first place, seemingly whether he wanted it or not.
    If you'll notice, there's not a single metion of Fucked Music on PmDawn.net, the official site of Pm Dawn...and this is by direct order of Prince Be. It is supposed to be protected, for multiple legal reasons, and yes, most of us here know that, and actively protect that, because of our love for Pm Dawn.

    Quote Originally Posted by adrian_smith1@hotmail.com
    Fucked Fans
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

  3. #3
    Intelligent Posts :11
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    My Damn Reservation....
    Posts
    1,002,867

    bwhahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahhahaha......yes. ...many people here will tell you i am self rightious..now, come here and get a big hug...cmon.....cmon..........wes luvs ya......

  4. #4
    king of useless info syxxpm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Dumont, New Jersey
    Posts
    3,678

    and im an immature self important homebody twit..so join the club and feel the love :P
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,101

    wow that was a LOT of assumption.

  6. #6
    nookie monster kernil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    46

    Thanks - just as I expected

    Thanks Brian 221, just the reaction I expected.

    In the future, try not to be so smug when dealing with requests from fans who are looking for their favourite music - how are they supposaed to know not to ask for it? It's the self righteous nature of the responses to these fans that is at odds with the essence of PM Dawn's music.

    Kind of ironic, ain't it.

    See you back in the Banned section.

  7. #7
    Intelligent Posts :11
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    My Damn Reservation....
    Posts
    1,002,867

    *big hug* we luv you...we really do....now lie back and tell us the problem son..

  8. #8
    Regulator Terrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    2,236

    whoa, what just happened here? moe, stop inviting these kids to our forum!


    "that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

  9. #9
    nookie monster kernil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    46

    oooooohhh.....it's our band, only we are allowed to talk about it, it's our little club, nobody else is allowed in......

    man, it just gets more embarrasing with every post by your insular little clique.

    standing by for another petulant outburst.......

  10. #10
    Regulator Terrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    2,236

    may i please just ask what the heck you are talking about?

    1.) i don't even know what's going on here. i'm assuming a previous thread of yours got deleted because otherwise, this one makes no sense at all.

    2.) i think i joined this forum within a year of its beginning. Since then, there have been so many new additions to our "insular little clique" that i don't even know who half of the people who post are. so, for having two whole posts, who are you to say that this is a secret club? how would you know that "we" don't let anybody "in"?

    3.) i dont' have the album. probably 85-95% of the people who post on this forum don't have it either. but you don't see anyone else calling anybody else names and making assumptions.

    4.) if you asked about fucked music and got a little shit from somebody, so be it. hell, that was one of the first questions i asked when i joined this forum. i got attacked a little and probably pulled the same shit you are right now. but the attack/warning was for my own good, and i'm still here. nobody is trying to reject anybody from a private club, and nobody is trying to make you leave. chill out, make some normal posts, get to know people, and find out what it's really like. if you stop wasting all your lifetimes screaming at us, nobody will even care or remember anything you ever said about fucked.


    dude, nobody's against you. you just started a thread and exploded, and whlie everyone is trying to explain to you the circumstances, you're not trying to hear them. honestly, if you never post another reply in this thread and start joining in on other ones instead, it'll disappear and nobody else will reply either. if they do, it'll be like, a year from now or something because somebody will be bored and looking at old threads, and they'll say, "hey, kernil, remember this from when you first joined the forum?", and it'll be funny.

    in the words of lloyd dobler: you must chill.
    Last edited by Terrick; 03-09-2006 at 04:12 PM.


    "that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

  11. #11
    nookie monster kernil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    46

    Dude, I was chilled until I started reading posts from newbies and the replies they got, like this one from "Chief" -

    welcome sol....

    k... need to get this out of the way before you get flamed.....

    Fucked is not for sale....It is a very personal album to Be....hang around, get to know him, and maybe he will give it to you. Please...dont ask peeps to burn it for ya.....just giving ya a heads up man....the jim sullivan (as far as I know) never made it to fruition, thus is not available......

    there again....welcome..stick around, post............


    This suggests to me that just by asking a question you stand the chance of getting flamed - doesn't that sound a little harsh to you? What kind of club, whose members supposedly share a common interest, would allow someone to flame a newbie just for asking the wrong type of question

    Sure, dig a little deeper and you'll find some good explanations - if you make it that far!

    But don't flame newbies cos they aren't in the know - that's an insular and self righteous attitude.

    And no, I won't be hanging around. I'd rather find a real group of fans to chat with; those that welcome and don't pre-judge....

  12. #12
    Regulator Terrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    2,236

    first of all, i'm pretty sure there are no other groups of fans to chat with. so good luck with that. haha.

    as for that quote, overall, i think his wording was quite polite. he could have just as easily said, "no, we do not have fucked and you won't either! don't ask again!" as a result of new members asking so often, but we're not the ones bothered by it. what chief said is what every new person who asks about it is told. "hang around, get to know him, and maybe he'll give it to you". that's about all we can tell people because nobody has any control over it but Be.

    nobody immediately flames anybody for asking about the album. i think chief was refering more to the long run. if people ask for fucked, and somebody says it's not available, then it's not available. but if that person who asked then replies angrily demanding answers and reasons as to why he/she cannot obtain these songs, then people start getting defensive. it's just like any other thread; it isn't just fucked threads.

    so basically, the flaming usually begins on the author's side, and others try to defend the forum's side. you can't assume from one comment (especially from Chief, man) that everyone hates all newcomers.

    if you don't want to stick around, that's your choice, and i'm not going to stop you. but i just want to make sure that before you leave, you know that we're not trying to attack you and that everyone is welcome as long as they don't make annoying/angry/crazy posts all the time (*cough*tinker*cough*). i don't want you leaving feeling hated or pushed away if that's not the case. if you take a look around, there have been many arguments with Be himself, but people don't just run off because of a small dispute or misunderstanding. this is supposed to hold true for all cases, not just forum/fucked music threads incidents.


    "that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

  13. #13
    Senior Member Mistress M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,422

    Quote Originally Posted by kernil
    Dude, I was chilled until I started reading posts from newbies and the replies they got, like this one from "Chief" -

    welcome sol....

    k... need to get this out of the way before you get flamed.....

    Fucked is not for sale....It is a very personal album to Be....hang around, get to know him, and maybe he will give it to you. Please...dont ask peeps to burn it for ya.....just giving ya a heads up man....the jim sullivan (as far as I know) never made it to fruition, thus is not available......

    there again....welcome..stick around, post............


    This suggests to me that just by asking a question you stand the chance of getting flamed - doesn't that sound a little harsh to you? What kind of club, whose members supposedly share a common interest, would allow someone to flame a newbie just for asking the wrong type of question
    Shit. THAT'S flaming?! Then maybe you shouldn't stick around if you're that thin-skinned. That's really, well, SWEET for Chief. He was just giving you the head's up.

    Besides all that, if you want a deeper explanation then type in some search words and read one of the MANY threads about the album in which all is explained. When I first came to this board, did I ask anyone about Fucked music? No. Why? Because I looked up the answer myself so no one had to repeat it for the upteenth time. If newbies are too lazy to do that, then they're gunna get flamed. And believe me, what chief did wasn't flaming. Me telling you you're a SELF-RIGHTEOUS LITTLE SHIT for coming to this board and not bothering to introduce yourself or getting to know anyone before flaming people; me saying that you're the SELF-IMPORTANT FUCKER for not bothering to take the time to use the search function to find the answers to all your questions to be considerate of older members WHO DON'T WANT TO WRITE THE SAME FUCKING ANSWERS EVERY OTHER DAY because people like you are too damn lazy to just click on older threads...well, that, my lazy-ass, self-important little bitch, would be flaming.
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

  14. #14
    Weird Boston guy Harmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    1,858

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress M
    Shit. THAT'S flaming?! Then maybe you shouldn't stick around if you're that thin-skinned. That's really, well, SWEET for Chief. He was just giving you the head's up.

    Besides all that, if you want a deeper explanation then type in some search words and read one of the MANY threads about the album in which all is explained. When I first came to this board, did I ask anyone about Fucked music? No. Why? Because I looked up the answer myself so no one had to repeat it for the upteenth time. If newbies are too lazy to do that, then they're gunna get flamed. And believe me, what chief did wasn't flaming. Me telling you you're a SELF-RIGHTEOUS LITTLE SHIT for coming to this board and not bothering to introduce yourself or getting to know anyone before flaming people; me saying that you're the SELF-IMPORTANT FUCKER for not bothering to take the time to use the search function to find the answers to all your questions to be considerate of older members WHO DON'T WANT TO WRITE THE SAME FUCKING ANSWERS EVERY OTHER DAY because people like you are too damn lazy to just click on older threads...well, that, my lazy-ass, self-important little bitch, would be flaming.
    spoiled milk in your "cheer"-io's this morning?

    there we go, just right. keep walking...

  15. #15
    I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    detroit, baby
    Posts
    1,295

    alright. I was going to let this one go when I saw that you had no replies yesterday. Fuck.

    I hope this isn't taken wrong, but fuck it if it is:

    You don't have a fuckin clue! When I joined this place a few years ago, the first thing I posted was a beg to get my hands on a copy of Fucked Music - completely misunderstanding the whole deal (I LIKE PUPPIES!!!) ... This forum seemed very "cliquey" to me - but then I actually stuck around to get to know the people here, and while i'm still not really a "part of the crowd" -- I don't have anybody's phone number, I don't get to go to Coz's BBQ's (not for lack of an invite, tho!), etc -- For christ's sake -- I had a full fledged "internet beef" with Be, I really pissed him off -- and was STILL welcomed with open arms to stay here anyway. (Yes, you can blame me for the "Ask Be" section getting closed down! Sorry yall!) Hell, Be even offered me a copy of Fucked when it was all over. (I still haven't recieved it, but that's really not the point, is it...)

    You really didn't give us a chance, but we're still willing to give you one. When you start a new job somewhere, do you quit the next day when you're not immediately best friends with everyone who works there? Just an example my friend. Think it over.
    Keep your headphones on.

  16. #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrick
    may i please just ask what the heck you are talking about?

    1.) i don't even know what's going on here. i'm assuming a previous thread of yours got deleted because otherwise, this one makes no sense at all.

    2.) i think i joined this forum within a year of its beginning. Since then, there have been so many new additions to our "insular little clique" that i don't even know who half of the people who post are. so, for having two whole posts, who are you to say that this is a secret club? how would you know that "we" don't let anybody "in"?

    3.) i dont' have the ablum. probably 85-95% of the people who post on this forum don't have it either. but you don't see anyone else calling anybody else names and making assumptions.

    4.) if you asked about fucked music and got a little shit from somebody, so be it. hell, that was one of the first questions i asked when i joined this forum. i got attacked a little and probably pulled the same shit you are right now. but the attack/warning was for my own good, and i'm still here. nobody is trying to reject anybody from a private club, and nobody is trying to make you leave. chill out, make some normal posts, get to know people, and find out what it's really like. if you stop wasting all your lifetimes screaming at us, nobody will even care or remember anything you ever said about fucked.


    dude, nobody's against you. you just started a thread and exploded, and whlie everyone is trying to explain to you the circumstances, you're not trying to hear them. honestly, if you never post another reply in this thread and start joining in on other ones instead, it'll disappear and nobody else will reply either. if they do, it'll be like, a year from now or something because somebody will be bored and looking at old threads, and they'll say, "hey, kernil, remember this from when you first joined the forum?", and it'll be funny.

    in the words of lloyd dobler: you must chill.

    this time last year I couldn't even pay terrick to say four letter words, now it's like a second language for him

  17. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by samedeepwaterasyou
    I don't have anybody's phone number
    I'll give you Chief's number if you promise to prank call him at least once a week.

  18. #18
    Barney Freakin' Rubble
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,562

    Quote Originally Posted by kernil
    Dude, I was chilled until I started reading posts from newbies and the replies they got, like this one from "Chief" -

    welcome sol....

    k... need to get this out of the way before you get flamed.....

    Fucked is not for sale....It is a very personal album to Be....hang around, get to know him, and maybe he will give it to you. Please...dont ask peeps to burn it for ya.....just giving ya a heads up man....the jim sullivan (as far as I know) never made it to fruition, thus is not available......

    there again....welcome..stick around, post............


    This suggests to me that just by asking a question you stand the chance of getting flamed - doesn't that sound a little harsh to you? What kind of club, whose members supposedly share a common interest, would allow someone to flame a newbie just for asking the wrong type of question

    Sure, dig a little deeper and you'll find some good explanations - if you make it that far!

    But don't flame newbies cos they aren't in the know - that's an insular and self righteous attitude.

    And no, I won't be hanging around. I'd rather find a real group of fans to chat with; those that welcome and don't pre-judge....
    1. THAT's not a flame - it is preemptive and informative.
    2. Read the FAQ.
    3. when you come to a new place, look around before going nuts.

    Remember - we have 2 eyes, 2 ears, and one mouth. You should watch and listen before speaking. I guess that whole idea gets screwed up when you say you have 10 fingers - then you can say screw the FAQ, post 10 times before looking up the FAQ and old posts. Whatever.

    Get over it.
    Peace

  19. #19
    Barney Freakin' Rubble
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,562

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrick
    first of all, i'm pretty sure there are no other groups of fans to chat with. so good luck with that. haha.
    Dude! You are right (I looked for a while). But what cracks me up the most is the "haha"!!!!!!
    Peace

  20. #20
    nookie monster kernil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    46

    Why don't you dudes read b4 replying? Feeling a little bit precious? Maybe that there's a whole fucking mass of Dawn fans that have noticed what I have?

    Harmeister - I never said it was flaming, it was the suggestion that you would get flamed for asking an innocent question - forgive the poor soul who doesn't assume the role of PM Dawn CSI before asking a question. And don't stick up for Chief if he justified his intolorence later - that's a fuckin cop out.

    Mistress M - I'll isregard your post for being plainly fucking obvious. I can't write any more regarding your dribble.

    samedeepwaterasyou - well done for sticking around so long that in the hope that 1 day you may be accepted, keep trying son.

    PM Fan - you come stone cold motherless last for agreeing with the simplest joke of the the thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. amen break, the history
    By eternals layre in forum Leisure World
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-12-2006, 10:30 AM
  2. Im Fuckin Pissed!!!!!!
    By filmwizdaddy in forum Leisure World
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2005, 05:42 AM
  3. okay okay let me break it down
    By Hero1 in forum Leisure World
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 06:29 PM
  4. break!!!
    By filmwizdaddy in forum Leisure World
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2003, 11:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts