+ Reply to Thread

Thread: After 7

Don't Disturb this Groove

After 7

Anybody remember After 7?? I heard "Can't Stop" last night in Walmart. And as much as it sucks that I heard it there of all places, it did bring back memories!!

Warrior of Love Rumi_Philosophie's Avatar

Their music was quite attractive.

What was that other big hit they had... Something about rain... OH YEAH it was from "The 5 Heartbeats" " Nights like this I wish that rain drops would fall... wish raindrops would fall on my face baby" Do you remmeber that?
    "he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God."

Jesus Christ...Luke 12:9

I dug After 7. They blew up (mostly thanks to the fact that two of the guys in the group were related to Babyface) during my senior year of high school, and I guess that's just a snapshot of DJ in that time period. I was probably doing the Roger Rabbit to After 7 with my hair cut in a flat-top, and my behind covered with peg-leg Bugle Boys.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

Don't Disturb this Groove

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljak
    I dug After 7. They blew up (mostly thanks to the fact that two of the guys in the group were related to Babyface) during my senior year of high school, and I guess that's just a snapshot of DJ in that time period. I was probably doing the Roger Rabbit to After 7 with my hair cut in a flat-top, and my behind covered with peg-leg Bugle Boys.
    Did you wear your overalls hooked on one side and not the other??
    I looooove Babyface, who is from Indianapolis, by the way. One of the better things to come from Indiana. But I think Micheal Jackson has recently cancelled that out.

Did you wear your overalls hooked on one side and not the other??
    Naw, that was too thuggish for the likes of me. My fashion sense was more informed by the preppie crowd. Back then, I prob'ly woulda worn anything that said "Le Coq Sportif".

WEHT Le Coq Sportif?

I looooove Babyface, who is from Indianapolis, by the way. One of the better things to come from Indiana.
    Well, maybe you don't appreciate this as much as I do, but Vivica Fox is also from Indy.

But I think Micheal Jackson has recently cancelled that out.
    I think he's a freak, but I don't think he molested anybody. In fact, I have my doubts that he's ever touched anyone sexually, including either of his ex-wives.
    Besides, he's from Gary, which I think the state of Indiana has disowned, anyway.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

+ Reply to Thread