+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good night song

Barney Freakin' Rubble

Good night song

Do you have a "good night" song? Something that you sing to your kid(s) at night time or something that was sung to you at night? Any traditions out there?

My wife sings something to our girls that I have never heard before (nothing on google, either). It was sung to her by her mother. I am not too fond of it. Sounds like it slips or changes keys at the end, but not a nice sounding shift. Sounds like someone got lost in an acapella song, but she is consistant.

I have always loved Good Night by the Beatles (White Album). I sang it to my youngest (almost 2) and it calms her down. Amy and I alternate reading to and tucking in each kid, and singing always ends it. Now my 4 yearold always asks for the good night song - whether Amy or I read books and tucked her in. I like it and my 4yo has already memorized it and sometimes sings along. Makes me feel good, too.
    Peace

My mom used to sing "Summertime" to me, or "Bye Bye Blackbird," or the classic "Hush, little baby."
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

can

my grandma, and mom use to sing this old irish folk song.... sometimes i hum it, with out realizing it..

my mother was not a singer, and very poor, and all we had were these old donated "classics" books. so i can remember being very little, before preschool, and my mom reading me A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, The Great Gatsby, and a Tale of Two Cities.

i think being read these kind of books so early had a huge influence on my interest in school and the reason why my school kept asking my mom to skip me a grade on several occasions. she never did though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress M
    My mom used to sing "Summertime" to me, or "Bye Bye Blackbird," or the classic "Hush, little baby."

summertime huge classic if its the same one..the cho cho train one? haha the only song i can think of that really took advantage of the left/right speaker options. great classic !! :-) your mother is a genius
    www.moerockmusic.com

PM Dawn for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe
    summertime huge classic if its the same one..the cho cho train one? haha the only song i can think of that really took advantage of the left/right speaker options. great classic !! :-) your mother is a genius
    Dude, what choo choo train? It's from the Gershwin opera "Porgy and Bess," a jazz standard sung by Billie and Ella, and all the greats...

Summertime, and the livin is easy
    fish are jump'n and the cotton is high
    oh yo daddy's rich, and yo ma is good look'n
    so hush little baby don't you cry...
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

I always thought Lullabye by Ben Folds was a beautiful piece for that type of thing..

his version that was on the live WASO with the orchestra was very touching sounding...
    -TheXodus-

My mum used to sing Irish folk songs. Tur-a-lur-a-lura, A little bit of heaven. Then there was the one about the train I just know as "Rockin' Rollin' Ridin'"

When she ran out of lullaby's she'd just sing random other Irish folk-songs. "Mulony Wants a Drink" springs to mind.

I've always liked Alright For Now by Tom Petty.

Quote Originally Posted by sdldawn
    I always thought Lullabye by Ben Folds was a beautiful piece for that type of thing..

his version that was on the live WASO with the orchestra was very touching sounding...
    For once I agree, puts me right to sleep!
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

+ Reply to Thread