+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Daze of my Youth

Daze of my Youth

LOng ago, back in the ancient days of Pentium IV's and max 2.4 gig processors I would frequent this place to get news and reviews of PM Dawn from you loyal fans. Even though they never played near me often enough I was able, a long time ago, to witness PM dawn at a festival in CA. It was incredible. Surrounded by rockers and metal heads, PM Dawn put on an excellent show and made these guys melt into a sweet groove. It was a memory I cherish.

After vidsiting this place I finally decided to join up. I never did before mostly because in the heated section I disagree with virtually everyone here and never wanted to argue the points. Owning a business and losing it kinds of make one bitter towards any establishment that demands you to go bankrupt against your will and pay out the nose when you did nothing wrong. Taxes are criminal. So is the Fed, but I digress.

A little about myself: I am 36, 3 years younger than Prince Be. I was an old school Goth kid in the late 80's. I loved PM Dawn and they inspired me to listen to a genre that I would have otherwise ignored in my younger days. I am married with 3.7 kids, all girls, the .7 is due in July and is also, a girl. I am back in college to get my Psychology degree. I plan on becoming an Orthodox Priest lateron in my life and this degree helps alot. I work for Oreck right now, part time while I also work for Catholic Charities in their donations division bringing goods together in the communities to give out to the homeless communities in Milwaukee and the surrounding counties near my little town. Seeing the eyes of those in need bring us closer to understanding ourselves and shows us how much we have, or do not have inside.

As for my kids, here is my youngest partying it up like it was 1699:

She fell asleep and I propped up everything for the picture. She wanted to be a Pirate for Halloween.

Cheers,
    VK
    "I may not always agree with what you have to say but I will die for your right to say it..."

That is great. Welcome, VK! Congrats on the kids. What are their names? Your little one is adorable. My little girl has some pirate interests, as well. I made her a Pirates of the Caribbean cake for her previous birthday (5th). You've got a very cute little one. That's a great picture.

lol at Wendy.
    So patience... is nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethX View Post
    That is great. Welcome, VK! Congrats on the kids. What are their names? Your little one is adorable. My little girl has some pirate interests, as well. I made her a Pirates of the Caribbean cake for her previous birthday (5th). You've got a very cute little one. That's a great picture.

lol at Wendy.
    Thanks for the warm welcome.
    My three soon-to-be four girls' names are Birth names first, then baptized in parentheses: Annakah Michelle Rose (Theodora Ionna) who is 7, Rivkah Miryam (Tamara Irene) who is 4, Mishka Tatjanna who is 2 (pictured above) and my soon to be born will be Anastasia Katerina (Anya Katja for short).

One of the variables which attracted me to PM Dawn was the dialogue of Prince Be and a spiritual mechanic to the unseen in the lyrics. It was like having a conversation in deep esoterica every time I popped an album. In fact I have to say that one of my journeys towards an Ascetic form of worship and self-realization.

Mishka wants a Pirate cake too! She turns three in May this year.
    "I may not always agree with what you have to say but I will die for your right to say it..."

Quote Originally Posted by wendyful04 View Post

Those are GORGEOUS names. [Rose & Anastasia are on our name lists for the future, too.] With the baptism names, are those names of godparents/relatives? I don't know how everyone's situation goes, but in my family (Roman Catholic) I believe they used the first name of the godparent, or maybe they just went with a saint's name. I could be wrong.

I totally agree with your ideas on PM Dawn's music.

Elizabeth

hi there. i have a somewhat similar story in that PM Dawn was not my typical preferred genre of music, but their music was just too good to be ignored.

and welcome.

Welcome VK! I gather that you are Russian, at least by heritage. Are you also Catholic (since you work for Catholic Charities) or are you Russian Orthodox?

Glad to have you aboard!
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Fly on the wall since2003

Welcome to the mad house...
    Never burn your bridges while you're standing on them...

Actually Greek Orthodox- and a convert. Before I was an Evangelical deeply influenced by Pentecostals, so I have a background playing funky bass licks and jazzin' up a Holy Rolling service.

I love Russian names, and my handle was going to be my baptized name but oddly, through many illuminations and prayer I was baptized Panagiotis. Lets just say St. Mary of Egypt got the better end of me. When my wife and I diecided to convert over she loved the Russian Church but the closest one to us was over 100 miiles away while the local greek Church was 5 minutes. We went Greek. The nice thing about Orthodoxy though is Greek, Russian, Serbian, Romanian or Antiochian, its all the same- only the cultural backgrounds differ, which are nothing to the faith. Traditions are universal and small "t" traditions affect nothing in the faith.

I am one who does believe, but I do not try to convert everyone by bashing them in the head with a book and yelling at the top of my lungs about Hellfire and Damnation. I sincerely believe what St. Francis of Assissi once stated which was "preach the Gospel at all times- and sometimes when you have to, use words" which tells me it is better to live what you profess to believe than to give out empty words and hypocrisy.

I work for Catholic Charities and I consider Catholics my brethren, though only divided by semantics and Papacy. I have only been working with them for a short while as I originally worked for charities in Southern California before I had to move when my source of income was killed.

Wow! Thank you all for an interest! I am usually a fly on the wall.

Welcome to the room, Vasillius!
    Interesting to hear about some religious backgrounds. I am also Orthodox by national traditions as Orthodoxy is the main religion branch here in Ukraine, though I was brought to the church in my 16 years old to be crossed by the priest.
    I really feel surprise when seeing that western people are so much interested in Orthodox traditions.
    My wife is catholic (she is polish by native), so we celebrate all Christian celebrations two times: two Christmases, two Easters etc as sometimes Orthodox and Catholic holidays differ in time. But it also has its good sizes while we can visit our parents and satisfy their needs to be visited on each holiday.
    Though I am quite sceptic about religion and serving people out there, I believe in God, no matter what is his/her name: Christ, Allah, Buddha or Shiva..
    I also share your passion for PMDawn music, which was also a portion of fresh air to me in the early 90s.

We have two great new members here!
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Yes, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rostiq View Post
    Welcome to the room, Vasillius!
    Interesting to hear about some religious backgrounds. I am also Orthodox by national traditions as Orthodoxy is the main religion branch here in Ukraine, though I was brought to the church in my 16 years old to be crossed by the priest.
    I really feel surprise when seeing that western people are so much interested in Orthodox traditions.
    My wife is catholic (she is polish by native), so we celebrate all Christian celebrations two times: two Christmases, two Easters etc as sometimes Orthodox and Catholic holidays differ in time. But it also has its good sizes while we can visit our parents and satisfy their needs to be visited on each holiday.
    Though I am quite sceptic about religion and serving people out there, I believe in God, no matter what is his/her name: Christ, Allah, Buddha or Shiva..
    I also share your passion for PMDawn music, which was also a portion of fresh air to me in the early 90s.
    My wife almost got a job out there working for the Libertarian Party as one of the Libertarian politicians was running for the Prime ministers Seat. We were not able to go due to family restraints here in the United States but it would have been a wonderful opportunity for us to visit there over the Winter. I believe the Democratic Coalition's choice won, throwing the Libertarian party person into as low of a vote as everyone there, but there may still be time, someday.

But not much more I can say except, in Greek: Christos Anesti!(Christ is Risen!) Have an excellent Pascha this year Rostiq!

And I hope the PM Dawn family also had a wonderful Easter for them as well, regardless of faith or creed, its a time to bring in the new days ahead with cleaning house, literally and figuratively.
    Last edited by Vasilius Konstantinos; 04-22-2009 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo D View Post
    We have two great new members here!
    Mur? Ouch! My ego is inflating!
    Quick! Someone toss me some acne, self doubt and apathy!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilius Konstantinos View Post
    I've got an extra dose of avarice. I stole it from a local realtor. You want some of that?

Hell yeah...another Wisconsinite...welcome!
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilius Konstantinos View Post
    I could help you there. =/

boo

there we go, just right. keep walking...

lol we are funny. we have good times.

+ Reply to Thread