+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Five for Fighting

anyone else dig this group? Its a piano-rock/pop based canadian group.. 100 years and Superman are pretty popular.. Thier new album The Battle For Everything is a wonderful cd..

John (lead singer) is pretty in touch with his fans too on their site.. i emailed him and got a reply within a few hours about a rare single.. thats awsme

anywho.. :dabutt:
    -TheXodus-

Excellent group...they put on a great show at summerfest this year...one of the only bands I saw and enjoyed.
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

He's multi-instrument talent...

itunes got some exclusive acoustic songs

my favs on the new album

NYC Weather Report
    100 years
    Devil at the bottom
    If God Made You
    Dying
    Maybe I

heck, almost the whole album

another :dabutt: time
    -TheXodus-

The new album is quite good and you are right....really not a weak track out of them all. I had in the cd mix a few weeks ago and was loving the ever-loving mess outta it. Worthwhile to pick up!

I was interested ihis first but still haven't gotten that. I imagine it's good.
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

I like them quite a bit. I got interested when I heard them play their songs at work all the time.

yeah, I am a big fan. I love the piano. May I suggest Keane's "Hopes and Fears" if you like piano and Five For Fighting.

Was FFF's first cd good? If so, I should pick it up.
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

AH Keane! I keep pondering whether or not to pick up their cd. I saw it was real cheap at Target (like 8.00) so i might have'ta do that.
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

they suck. they sound like everyone else. their lyrics are cliched bullshit, and their singer is unoriginal. boring, boring, boring. please clean your ears out with rubbing alcohol and q-tips.
    Keep your headphones on.

:kekeke:
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Originally posted by samedeepwaterasyou@Sep 16 2004, 10:16 AM
    they suck. they sound like everyone else. their lyrics are cliched bullshit, and their singer is unoriginal. boring, boring, boring. please clean your ears out with rubbing alcohol and q-tips.
    :blahblah: :liar: :whogives:
    -TheXodus-

Who sucks? Keane or F4F? I tried the whole Q-tip thing and i think i touched my brain.

Orson Welles

Keane rushed their new album.. hopefully their next wont sound like their first..
    -TheXodus-

Originally posted by samedeepwaterasyou@Sep 16 2004, 12:16 PM
    damn hitler... :kekeke:
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

Just because I'm anal...but Five For Fighting isn't a group. It's just one dude. John something or other. He's got musicians who record the music for the albums and a touring band, but the "they" you guys keep talking about is really just "him".

And I've always had a grudge against him because he pretty much took the music for one of Angie Aparo's hooks, modified it a tad, then used it as the hook for his oh-so-popular Superman. And to this day denies that he was influenced by Angie on that song, though he says he's a fan of Angie's.

*insert appropriate PM Dawn lyric about acting like I'm not the one that inspired y'all here*

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

Originally posted by Brian221+Sep 19 2004, 08:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Brian221 @ Sep 19 2004, 08:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-samedeepwaterasyou@Sep 16 2004, 12:16 PM
    damn hitler... :kekeke: [/b][/quote]
    What the fuck Brian? That's fuckin harsh.
    Keep your headphones on.

Sometimes folks think that even when they aren't inspired by something they are. I think the dude from F4F os John Ondrisnialk (or close to that) . I only own one Angie Aparo album. Why sucess follows someone and not another is a fickle thing. His stuf is as good if not all together better....

Orson Welles

+ Reply to Thread