+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hey from da Poet

Hey from da Poet

Hey Everyone:

I've missed being here, and I hope this post finds you all well and happy. I just wanted to get back in and apologize for my absence. I see that some things have changed around here since I was in last...I'm diggin' the new stuff!

My life has been crazed for the last several months. I have been working like a fiend completing the manuscript for my new book, as well as writing on several other projects as well. I also have a book of autobiographical short stories in the works, as well as a novel that is still in it's early stages. I have also been in search of a new publisher that will better promote it when it comes out. Unfortunately, I lost money on the last project I did, because the publisher did not give me any help at all in promoting it. Sooo...the search for a new publisher goes on!

On the musical front, I am getting ready for round two of shopping my demos to as many indie labels as I can. I tried a while back, but all I got for the effort was a stack of polite rejection letters...you know the kind..."Thanks for letting us review your material, unfortunately, it does not suit our needs at the present time"....blah, blah, blah. But I am too stubborn...or maybe just too stupid to give up...I have not decided which! LOL

Outside of my work, I have had a pretty eventful existence otherwise too. I celebrated my 35th B-day on January 19. I celebrated by attending a concert by the group Queensryche. Had a blast!

I took a trip to New York City this past June, which I enjoyed immensely. I fell completely in love with the place, in fact. My favorite places to visit were Central Park, and Times Square. I hope to go back this summer again...if both time and finances permit!

On a less pleasant note, I had a real scare when my younger brother got into a car accident after falling asleep behind the wheel. Fortunately, his injuries were very minor, though. He suffered only a very minor concussion. I THANK GOD he wasn't hurt any worse, and also that he did not hurt anyone else. He was SO LUCKY!

Well, I guess that about catches everyone up on what I have been doing. I look forward to hearing from all of you and catching up on what everyone else has been up to, as well as the goings on around here.

Peace,
    Poetdude
    Tell Me What You Want Me To Be,
    I Can't Stand Myself Anymore....
    Tell Me What You Want Me To See,
    I Can't Find My Way Off The Floor...

Intelligent Posts :11

nice to see you back man.....

Intelligent Posts :11

oh..and do ya have a place to crash if my Illini come to town in April?

Glad ta have ya back PDiddy! Good luck with all of your endeavors.

My advice on the music thing, stop sending in CDs and work like hell to get appointments where they will listen to your stuff with you present. They rarely listen to the CDs that get sent in unless they know who you are.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

good to have you back! Good luck with the writing and the music.
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

welcome back randy!
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

Good to see ya back, Poetdude!
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

+ Reply to Thread