+ Reply to Thread

Thread: /me dies, night shift oh god the horror

I'm working 7pm to 7am...this sucks, the phone has rang twice one was the pizza guy and thank god we called them before closing time. That's shocking considering I'm looking at about 3k servers powering about 70k to 90k websites in the datacenter here. Also side note when you get a job don't try to be the badass know it all because they'll put you were they need you the most, so here I sit on the 12hr night shift with one other engineer under me and we are about to die of bordom. We have 3000mbits worth of internet coming through this room and I can't figure out what to do with it. Way back when I first got DSL I was like "OMG!! Download the world" <<<ding ding make that 3 calls tonight>>> 1 from the pizza guy and 2 from some dude who thinks is drive is failing. Anyway yeah I'm in a mulit-million dollar data center and I haven't a clue what to do to not be bored.

All the people I normally talk to online are now in the damn bed and I feel soooooo alone, this is when being a pro at what you do bites you in the ass face:

if any of you are bored you can probably catch me on cam 3 at http://camera.gnax.net

hnoes: hnoes: hnoes:

omg I made it...I'm gonna fall asleep on the way home

+ Reply to Thread