+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Transformer's Movie

THE IMPOSTOR OF THE DAWN Doo-DooHead's Avatar

The Transformer's Movie

this Is An Important Matter...................in The Upcoming Transforme's Movie Megatron Will Be A Fighter Jet, Intead Of A Wather P-38 Gun.
    has Micheal Bay Fucked Up Another Movie? Is It Even Worth Going To See?
    I STOLE THE PM DAWN NAME FROM PRINCE BE'S WIFE AND KIDS,
    WHILE PRINCE BE WAS FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE IN THE HOSPITAL ON LIFE SUPPORT!!!!!!
    I'M DOO-DOO HEAD!!!!!!!!!

It only matters if you want it to matter. It's a movie, of course shit's gonna be changed.

In the scene where to robots are battling in the middle of the city, crashing into buildings and shit, I'll be busy looking for my boyfriend, Eric. He was cast as an extra for that scene, and spent all day pretty with a group of about 50 or 60 others, all running and screaming as non-existant robots battled and crashed into buildings around them. They filmed a couple of outdoor scenes here in Detroit, along with the scenes of Shia LaBeouf running through the old, abandoned train station (you can see a bit of this one in the trailer... he's running through the building, looks back over his shoulder).

And, since Eric is an editor for the entertainment section of the big newspaper here, he gets all kinds of stuff free from companies. The latest one he brought home last night was the big, enormous, partially automated, LED-flashing, Megatron "action figure" Here's a picture I snapped of the back of the box, showing Meggie in his Cybertron Jet form:

and, from the back of the box:
    "Frozen in Antarctic ice for hundreds of years, Megatron is finally free, and his might will make the Earth shake, and the stars fall from the sk. As one of the most dagerous transformers ever to stalk the galaxy, he has no known weaknesses and only one purpose - to capture the AllSpark and rule the universe. Nothing, neither the humans' armies or his ancient enemy Optimus Prime, can stand in his way!"

no Michael Bay is kicking ass in this movie..
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

Quote Originally Posted by -Kosh- View Post
    It only matters if you want it to matter. It's a movie, of course shit's gonna be changed.

In the scene where to robots are battling in the middle of the city, crashing into buildings and shit, I'll be busy looking for my boyfriend, Eric. He was cast as an extra for that scene, and spent all day pretty with a group of about 50 or 60 others, all running and screaming as non-existant robots battled and crashed into buildings around them. They filmed a couple of outdoor scenes here in Detroit, along with the scenes of Shia LaBeouf running through the old, abandoned train station (you can see a bit of this one in the trailer... he's running through the building, looks back over his shoulder).

And, since Eric is an editor for the entertainment section of the big newspaper here, he gets all kinds of stuff free from companies. The latest one he brought home last night was the big, enormous, partially automated, LED-flashing, Megatron "action figure" Here's a picture I snapped of the back of the box, showing Meggie in his Cybertron Jet form:

and, from the back of the box:
    I HAVE TO HAVE THAT TOY DUDE!!! I HAVE EVERY FUCKING MEGATRON KNOWN TO MAN!!! GET AT ME DOG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrGiggles View Post
    I HAVE EVERY FUCKING MEGATRON KNOWN TO MAN!!!
    Not that one!
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

I think it's gonna be amazing man, I hate to admit it but yeah i do frequent transformers forums and the amount of people bitching about how different everything is pisses me right off!
    I mean damn I know the original cartoons are cool but that was a long time ago and there's no way those character designs were going to translate well into a live action movie, all those g1 characters looks like humans with cardboard boxes on them whereas in this movie the robots have a true alien look to them which I think works well.

Transformers is always getting reinvented and getting a different look but I guess everyone was wishing for a movie one day so they get disappointed when it isn't exactly like the original cartoons that got them into it to begin with but I always kept an open mind about it and the more I see them in action the more amazing it looks.

I think the films is more at risk of sucking through a shit script or story than it is from the interpretations of the characters.

It could have been a lot more removed from the original than it is anyway, Prime has pretty much the same looking head when his face mask is in use and his voice is by peter Cullen, THE original optimus prime which I think is pretty cool, It's not often a movie director will cave in to fan pressure enough to make a move like that but even when thrown bones like that I hear all these uber fanboys whining about how Micheal bay is raping their childhood.

At the end of the day long time transformers fans are probably going to form the minority of the target audience, this thing is supposed to appeal to as many people as possible and considering that I think bay has been quite good in regards to preserving the soul of the franchise, we get the real prime voice, he's still a truck with the same kinda head and he kicks ass in the name of freedom. Also you got bumblebee who would have been a vw bug but vw don't want to have their cars associated with violence!! but even so you can see he still has the same spirit, very friendly with the humans and very noble.
    Megarton is still evil and he still gets pissed off with starscream and moans at him for failing him once again!

I guess it depends on how you look at it, if you wanted the original cartoon but updated you will be disappointed but if you are realistic about the fact that they just wouldn't have been able to make them move realistically without have limbs that bent like rubber then it's not so bad.

I see it as an opportunity to bring everything bang up to date and so far i'm satisfied that enough of the original feel has been maintained to do the transformers justice.

And you have to wonder how the original transformers cartoon would have looked if they had the technology we have today and if the characters weren't based on toys instead of being designed from scratch to look REAL.

I'm very optimistic and I think that even if the story etc stinks it will still be worth watching for the Jurassic park factor where the effects are so good that it's essential to see it at least once.

Ok that's me done!

And I realize I've just outed the extent of my transformers geekery in a major way but you can all kiss my ass!
    IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM, AVOID THEM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by fd View Post
    I think it's gonna be amazing man, I hate to admit it but yeah i do frequent transformers forums and the amount of people bitching about how different everything is pisses me right off!
    I mean damn I know the original cartoons are cool but that was a long time ago and there's no way those character designs were going to translate well into a live action movie, all those g1 characters looks like humans with cardboard boxes on them whereas in this movie the robots have a true alien look to them which I think works well.

Transformers is always getting reinvented and getting a different look but I guess everyone was wishing for a movie one day so they get disappointed when it isn't exactly like the original cartoons that got them into it to begin with but I always kept an open mind about it and the more I see them in action the more amazing it looks.

I think the films is more at risk of sucking through a shit script or story than it is from the interpretations of the characters.

It could have been a lot more removed from the original than it is anyway, Prime has pretty much the same looking head when his face mask is in use and his voice is by peter Cullen, THE original optimus prime which I think is pretty cool, It's not often a movie director will cave in to fan pressure enough to make a move like that but even when thrown bones like that I hear all these uber fanboys whining about how Micheal bay is raping their childhood.

At the end of the day long time transformers fans are probably going to form the minority of the target audience, this thing is supposed to appeal to as many people as possible and considering that I think bay has been quite good in regards to preserving the soul of the franchise, we get the real prime voice, he's still a truck with the same kinda head and he kicks ass in the name of freedom. Also you got bumblebee who would have been a vw bug but vw don't want to have their cars associated with violence!! but even so you can see he still has the same spirit, very friendly with the humans and very noble.
    Megarton is still evil and he still gets pissed off with starscream and moans at him for failing him once again!

I guess it depends on how you look at it, if you wanted the original cartoon but updated you will be disappointed but if you are realistic about the fact that they just wouldn't have been able to make them move realistically without have limbs that bent like rubber then it's not so bad.

I see it as an opportunity to bring everything bang up to date and so far i'm satisfied that enough of the original feel has been maintained to do the transformers justice.

And you have to wonder how the original transformers cartoon would have looked if they had the technology we have today and if the characters weren't based on toys instead of being designed from scratch to look REAL.

I'm very optimistic and I think that even if the story etc stinks it will still be worth watching for the Jurassic park factor where the effects are so good that it's essential to see it at least once.

Ok that's me done!

And I realize I've just outed the extent of my transformers geekery in a major way but you can all kiss my ass!
    FIRST OF ALL LET ME SAY "FUCK YOU VERY MUCH" FOR YOUR DECEPTICON SNEAK ATTACK ON MY OPNION!!!
    (IF I HAD A PLASMA CANNON, YOU SONOVA BITCH!!!)
    SECOND I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND YOUR OPINION, BUT G1 FUCKING ROCKS!!! NAME ANOTHER VERSION WHERE THEY LOOKED BETTER? YOU CAN'T IF PETER CULLEN REALLY IS OPTIMUS THEN GREAT. MAYBE JUDD NELSON CAN RESUME HIS OLD ROLE AS RODIMUS PRIME WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT, TRANSFORMERS IS WAY DIFFERENT FROM OTHER NERD GROUPS. THERE ARE SERIOUS PRINCIPLES WITH THOSE CHARACTERS AND STORYLINES. THE SAME CAN BE SAID ABOUT STARWARS AND HULK HOGAN!!! MICHAEL BAY NORMALL SUCKS HE HAD TO GET THE ORIGINAL, IF HE DIDN'T HE'D BE FUCKING MY CHILDHOOD'S RECTUM WITHOUT PERMISSION!!! NOT TO MENTION PEARL HARBOR SUCKED!!! I FELT JAMES CAMERON OR SPEILBERG SHOULD'VE DONE IT . I MEAN FUCK!!! THE WAY IT WORKS IS MEGATRON TRANSFORMS INTO A FUCKING GUN, SOUNDWAVE CATCHES HIM MID-AIR, AND BLOWS THE FUCKING SHIT OUTTA YOU!!!
    TIMELESS FUCKING VIOLENT SEQUENCE MUTHA FUCKA!!!
    IT'S NOT ABOUT WANTING OUR WAY WE WANT THE INTEGRITY OF THE CARTOON AND THE COMIC (WHICH I OWN)TO BE KEPT INTACT!!!

[SIZE=6]FIRST OF ALL LET ME SAY "FUCK YOU VERY MUCH" FOR YOUR DECEPTICON SNEAK ATTACK ON MY OPNION!!!
    Oh c'mon mate I wasn't attacking your opinion I was just voicing my own!

I hear what you're saying totally, it's a bit stupid because they said they can't have megs as a gun because the size shifting involved would be unrealistic yet at the same time giant transforming robot aliens is a totally acceptable and realistic thing to make a film about?!?!!

I was disappointed when I heard bay was directing too and cameron definitely would have been my first choice but it's reassuring to know that spielberg is involved.

I think either of those two guys would do a better job of maintaining the fundamental qualities of transformers whereas bay is going to be all about the action which is a good start but I think that if this movie is going to suck in any way it will be because the huge history and mythology behind transformers will not be embraced or utilized and the story will be just a backdrop.

I love the comics too, my dad always used to be like "what the?" when there were words I couldn't understand and would ask what they meant and he used to be really surprised at some of the words like empathy and reincarnation etc etc I think I preferred the comics more than the cartoon story wise, especially the later ones when they were written by Simon furman, he really seems to get what it's all about, his stories are always complex and deep.

Did you read the dreamwave comics? the artwork was fantastic, how about the new idw ones? I like em but I thought the dreamwave ones were better.
    It sucks that dreamwave went under, it was those comics that reignited my passion for transformers again and got me back into it.

Did you get the new masterpiece megatron figure? it looks pretty amazing.

All my figures are boxed up at the moment cause I'm about to move house, gotta get them displayed properly in the new place, all though my wife would probably be happier if they stayed in the boxes!

Still that's females for ya, for the most part they don't get it lol

unless the figure is purple or something like that!

And judd nelson was the fucking man as hotrod/rodimus

And john bender too of course
    IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM, AVOID THEM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by fd View Post
    Oh c'mon mate I wasn't attacking your opinion I was just voicing my own!

I hear what you're saying totally, it's a bit stupid because they said they can't have megs as a gun because the size shifting involved would be unrealistic yet at the same time giant transforming robot aliens is a totally acceptable and realistic thing to make a film about?!?!!

I was disappointed when I heard bay was directing too and cameron definitely would have been my first choice but it's reassuring to know that spielberg is involved.

I think either of those two guys would do a better job of maintaining the fundamental qualities of transformers whereas bay is going to be all about the action which is a good start but I think that if this movie is going to suck in any way it will be because the huge history and mythology behind transformers will not be embraced or utilized and the story will be just a backdrop.

I love the comics too, my dad always used to be like "what the?" when there were words I couldn't understand and would ask what they meant and he used to be really surprised at some of the words like empathy and reincarnation etc etc I think I preferred the comics more than the cartoon story wise, especially the later ones when they were written by Simon furman, he really seems to get what it's all about, his stories are always complex and deep.

Did you read the dreamwave comics? the artwork was fantastic, how about the new idw ones? I like em but I thought the dreamwave ones were better.
    It sucks that dreamwave went under, it was those comics that reignited my passion for transformers again and got me back into it.

Did you get the new masterpiece megatron figure? it looks pretty amazing.

All my figures are boxed up at the moment cause I'm about to move house, gotta get them displayed properly in the new place, all though my wife would probably be happier if they stayed in the boxes!

Still that's females for ya, for the most part they don't get it lol

unless the figure is purple or something like that!

And judd nelson was the fucking man as hotrod/rodimus

And john bender too of course
    DUDE NO OFFENSE IT'S JUST HOW I TYPE, AND I CURSE BECAUSE I'M A RETIRED SAILOR!!! I SAID FUCK YOU OUT OF SHEER HILARIOUSNESS THAT'S ALL I SWEAR!!!
    I AGREE BUT THEY COULD'VE USED THE SAME COMPUTER GRAPHICS THEY DID IN THE SPIDERMAN SERIES TO FIX MEGATRON ON THE CLASSIC FORM!!! I SAW THOSE FUCKING DREAMWORKS COMICS AND I MUST SAY THEY WERE FUCKING AWESOME!!! I ALWAYS LOVE THE OLD MARVEL COMICS FIRST, THE HEADMASTER'S SERIES, THE RARE STORIES ABOUT THE POWERMASTER'S THOSE AR MY BABIES DUDE!!! I OWN OPTIMUS PRIME, RODIMUS PRIME, MEGATRON, GALVATRON, GHOST STARSCREAM, THE AERIALBOTS. DINOBOTS, JETFIRE, THE CONSTRUCTICONS, INSECTICONS, ALL TRIPLE CHANGERS, SOUNDWAVE, THUNDERCRACKER, POWERMASTER OPTIMUS PRIME, AND BEATWARS TRANS METAL OPTIMAL OPTIMUS, AND BEASTWARS TRANSMETAL WINGED DRAGON MEGATRON!!!
    I'M CURRENTLY CHASING ULTRA MAGNUS & OMEGA SUPREME ON E BAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo D View Post
    Not that one!
    BLOW IT OUT CHO ASS
    SPACEFREAK!!!!

you guys are crazy.. nobody.. I mean nobody shoots action better than Michael Bay.. this aint a beautiful mind or sumthin.. Bay is gonna kick ass with this movie.. Also they havent shown any of the good stuff in trailers.. theres like 7 or 8 huge action scenes.. this is a 200 million blockbuster

Quote Originally Posted by Hero1 View Post
    you guys are crazy.. nobody.. I mean nobody shoots action better than Michael Bay.. this aint a beautiful mind or sumthin.. Bay is gonna kick ass with this movie.. Also they havent shown any of the good stuff in trailers.. theres like 7 or 8 huge action scenes.. this is a 200 million blockbuster
    More like 200 million dollar lackluster.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

Fly on the wall since2003

I'm sure it'll have all the polish and yawn of T3, but I'll still see it, 'cause I was a transformer kid - I'm still a Lego kid too, btw...
    Never burn your bridges while you're standing on them...

I HAVE TO HAVE THAT TOY DUDE!!! I HAVE EVERY FUCKING MEGATRON KNOWN TO MAN!!! GET AT ME DOG!!!
    I'll check with my partner. Sometimes the companies have a "do not sell/give away/etc" rule on the stuff they send. If Megatron here doesn't have one of those, I'll send it along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljak View Post
    More like 200 million dollar lackluster.
    what do you base that on? Sometimes you just want to go to the movies for fun and to be entertained.. i'm sure transformers will deliver on this front

Check yer PM's.

+ Reply to Thread