+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Status of Unreleased PM Dawn? F*&ked Music, Unreleased Vol.1, Jim Sullivan, etc.

Status of Unreleased PM Dawn? F*&ked Music, Unreleased Vol.1, Jim Sullivan, etc.

I am wondering what the rules and laws around distributing the various unreleased PM Dawn projects would be (of course with no charges or costs).

Has Doc G or James or even Attrell previously commented on this? The remaining members and ex-members of the band don't seem to be making any effort to sell these recordings, and they aren't available anywhere. There are some compressed MP3s floating around, but I think a lot of us would be interested in lossless CD-quality copies.

I've bought everything I could and missed the window when the Fcked/Unreleased package was for sale on the band's site, but I am so enamoured of all the released material that I would love to hear these recordings, but I don't want to in any way rip off the artists. As for the sample rights that got in the way, if nobody is making money off of them, then I don't think that the samples are illegal.

Anyway, I am interested in hearing lossless versions of Fcked Music, Unreleased Vol. 1, The Jim Sullivan Syndrome and any other unreleased bits that are floating around. I am hoping that distribution is now legal, and that they could even be posted on bt.etree.org

Revisited the obits on Prince Be today as well. I find I still miss him. So glad to have seen them in London in the early 2000s (2004?). Wonderful show.

can be answered at a future date....my understanding is that the family has plans for it in the near future ...however there is an impending legal battle over the rights to and trademarks first...i cant go into it much further...hope that answers your ?
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

btw...who do you mean when you say james?
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

Maybe he means Jarett?
    So patience... is nothing...

Intelligent Posts :11

What Syxx said...not sure how they are going to handle all of them.

Any distribution of an uncleared sample is illegal, even if it's for free.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

+ Reply to Thread