+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just got a dreamcast

anyone know how to download/burn games?

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

no, i been lookin intot that myself

i think you can get a program that makes it all easy

im not sure.

we'll have to look into this as i want to do it as well
    IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM, AVOID THEM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM, AVOID THEM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

i hear a ps2 needs a mod chip to run burned games, don't understand what's on a factory game that can't be burned onto a blank disk though, not sure about dreamcasts

frEk,

It's a copyright code that's on an unwriteable portion of the disc. That's why you need the mod chip, to get past that.
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

http://www.dcevolution.netfirms.com/
    thats a site for freeware games u can burn 2 dreamcast discs, with instructions.. and i dont see any mention of mod chip 4 those

frek, another thing (i think) about ps2's is that you'd proabably have to have a dvd burner to get the whole game on one cd. I could be wrong though.

Thanks Etherspin!

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

that dcemulation site is a good place to start.
    They've got a list of model #'s of the dreamcasts that don't require mods to play burnt games. Copying actual games is pretty much impossible, without a special serial cable and a lot of patience because not many cdrom devices can read the games, on the dreamcast.

The place to get all the games is on mIRC. There's still quite a few rooms out on DALnet and such that have them available...its a pain in the ass, but I think its still the best way to get them.

I also have a lot of game "images" on cd. I may be able to upload them for you somewhere if you're interested. I'll have to get a list together of what I have.

bRiAn
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

yeah, my plan was to try mirc, but i wasn't sure what server or channel to go into.

random Dalnet servers worked great for me...and at one point irc.infatech.net was a great server....

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

sure, you can try to play some burned games on your dc. but damn that. with the proper software you can play damn near any game ever made up to the snes on your dc! i'm playing atari 2600, nes, snes, sega, sega genesis and game boy all on my dc. it's the greatest thing ever. if you'd like to get into this, i can direct you to the best tools and progs to use to make it completely painless. the dreamcast is dead, long live the dreamcast....
    Keep your headphones on.

lead the way....

hey samedeep....at one point, I had a hacked copy of the official dc genesis emu with ALL the games on it...since then, I can't find the same emulator any more...any ideas?

And do you have a good SNES one? The one I found runs a bit slow...

bRiAn

is it poss 2 make one disc with the emu and games on or do u have to make one 2 boot the emu and another 2 load the roms , i.e. a rom disc ???

no no...I've just never found the same emulator...

AFTER MUCH, MUCH SEARCHING, I have found the Genesis emulator you were asking about. It's called "Segagen" among other things. Created from the Sega smash pack disc, it's not respected in the scene, so it's really, really fucking hard to find, and well worth the seeking. I'll have a friend put it up on his ftp for a while so you can get it. You'll want the improved gui called lemec or obsidian too. Stay tuned.

The best dcemu for snes is Dreamsnes. (ask anyone, they'll tell you the same) ... It runs most games at near 100% speed, and a new version is coming soon. No other snes emu for the dc has it's compatibility or speed. It's not perfect, but it is the best. version 0.9.8 is the current one.

anyone seeking roms, PM me for the best ftp you'll ever find. It's been around for a long time, and is up most days with great speed and literally nearly every game ever made for every system. It's unbelievable. I won't post it here cuz watchdogs are every where.

Also:

YES you can put roms and emulators on the same disc. You want a program from dcemulation.com called dream inducer. You need then to do a search for Dreamcast sbi files. Those are the format that dream inducer uses. You'll want a prog called selfboot also from dcemulation.com. email me or pm me for simple instructions, because trust me, the read me files make it sound a hell of a lot more complicated than it really is. I can post those instructions here too. I love helping people get into the dreamcast scene as I discovered it a few months back and really, really dig it. There's a site that is linked from dcemulation.com that has the sbi files. Those are the emulators you need but they are in the sbi format which lets you put even more than one emulator on one disc plus the roms, and you don't need a boot disc either. (The genesis emulator does need a boot disc, but that's because of the special nature of the program...)

One more thing, any dreamcast made before december 2000 will read burned cd-rs without a mod chip. you can see the date on the bottom of your unit. burned copies of dreamcast games will need a boot disc which you can also get from dcemulation.com. This is the wonderful thing about the dreamcast -- it's the only system that does not require a mod chip to play burned discs, and play all these emulators.

I'll post again tomorrow.

have a great night,
    your dc super guru
    Keep your headphones on.

cool...

I've made self booting dc games already...that wasn't a problem...what I was talkin about was the sega smash pack emu, with ALL the games...that'll be cool if its posted somewhere I can get it...I'll have to hook you up with something in return.

bRiAn

me too me too

Right,
    That wasn't all directed at you, Brian my man; it was a surplus post to everyone who had questions.

Sigh. For some fuckin reason the "send a private message" link isn't working for me. Since I found these links deep within the bowels of google, I'll post them here (re: the genesis emulator). I doubt sega's watchdogs are looking at a p.m. dawn site for illegal emulators.

So here ya go, Sega Genesis for the DC with all games enabled....

ftp://203.0.12.1/Upload/Deek/tools/segagen.rar

AND...

a much improved and more stable gui for it....

ftp://203.0.12.1/Upload/Deek/tools/Lemec.zip

I tried these links last night, and they still work, and as far as I know, the only place where this infamous emulator is still available.

You'll need the utopia boot disc for this. Available at http://dcemulation.com ... yes roms can go on the same disc as the emu.

looking for roms? The motherlode:

Host: grh.kicks-ass.org
    Port: 21
    User: <your nick>
    Pass: roms

"<your nick>" means whatever you want to call yourself. Do not use literally the name "your nick" or they'll boot you. other than that, stable, on most of the time, good speed, and the most complete rom collection for all systems I've ever fucking seen. If I sound like i'm riding the dick of this ftp, I AM. I don't care, it's the bomb.

More later... ENJOY
    Keep your headphones on.

+ Reply to Thread