+ Reply to Thread

Thread: internet explorer help

I can't log into collegeboard.com and..i really need to. every time i click "sign in" it goes to a .jsp page and says "page cannot be displayed". Has anyone else had this problem with .jsp? or does anyone know how to fix it? i've installed IE6, the new java stuff, and lowered all my security settings, but it won't work.

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

did it ever cross your mind that the server may have some issues

yes, but i've had this problem since last month. and it's every .jsp page. not just on their site.

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

.jsp should have nothing to do with it. All the extension does is tell the webserver what to shell out to to get the page. In the case of a jsp, it will go to a java app server, which then sends back html to the webserver, which in turn is sent to your browser. All you ever see on the client end is HTML.

If you still think it's IE that's the problem, download firefox and see if you can get to pages from it. Some of the sites I visit (and consistantly the same sites) get messed up in IE every once in a while, like the page itself won't load, but it works every time in firefox. To get IE to behave, I have to reboot my system. I think IE is trying to be too smart about the caching it's doing, and when I switch between different networks either between moving around or vpn'ing to different places it gets messed up.

there we go, just right. keep walking...

thanks! I love mozilla! IE is a piece of crap. Now I get to look at colleges! woo!

Terrick + college = ERROR: does not compute

don't worry..i'm going for an english major..

+ Reply to Thread