+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: What should we do with the forum?

Suggestions EVERYBODY!!!

I never liked cliques...so maybe what I did was wrong. I never liked to punish people either.

Let's see what y'all gonna come up with. I'm a big guy...I rarely turn down any pie...not even humble.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

You know...now that I've had a chance to work up a real good sorry for myself...I think I'm gonna try this apathy thing too. I mean...the most friction I get from my wife is over this forum, she says I spend way too much time here, and she's right. Sure, I've made a couple of real friends, but in all reality I don't even have any idea who most of y'all are. I'm not even a PM Dawn fan.

So, when I get a chance (sometime today) I'm gonna reinstate friend rank for everybody I took it from. The friend shit was never my idea in the 1st place, so who am I to say who should or shouldn't be 1.

Then, I'm gonna go find me a good proverbial fiddle...and the next time this place is proverbially burning y'all make sure you turn your proverbial ears towards Brooklyn...so you can hear some of the sweetest proverbial fiddle music you may ever want to hear.

Err...eehhh...err..er..ahem......FUKK IT!

:wavey:
    Alright
    Yeah...

I'm not even a PM Dawn fan.
    Really? Wow. :dunno:

Those is fightin' words ... well, would be ... if you weren't such a large guy!

So maybe a big hug instead. That'll show you!
    See, I don't dance but I try to

this forum has more pms than my last 10 girlfriends combined

In the great words of Mr. Freeze, "CHILL...CHILL...CHILL"
    Only thing worse than failure is not trying

Hey....I have an idea that I think might be a good way to settle disputes here in the future. We could create a "jury" of sorts, that hears both sides of an argument, and then decides how it should be handled. This would get the entire membership more involved

We let the membership choose who should be on this "jury." Whenever there is an argument or fight, all of the involved members must agree to abide by whatever our "jury" decides. Then, they are given a fair chance to tell their side of the argument, and just let the jury decide the outcome.

After all, that is how it is in the real world...even the loser in a court case has to abide by the court's decision.

Instead of "The Drama Room," We could have "The Jury Box!" Do you think that would work?
    Tell Me What You Want Me To Be,
    I Can't Stand Myself Anymore....
    Tell Me What You Want Me To See,
    I Can't Find My Way Off The Floor...

to me, that is a great idea.
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

I like it!!!

Which probably gives it the kiss of death! :rofl:
    Alright
    Yeah...

Hello Group, My name is PsychoMan... I'm a long time lurker, short time poster.

I'm here because I have a problem. I'm addicted to PM Dawn. I really like this forum because it is the only place on the 'net to get all the latest PM Dawn information as it happens. I was quite sad to find the place locked down the other day, and it was frustrating that I couldn't have my say at the time because I hadn't reached "member" status yet because of my lurking ways. I'm glad that the lockdown is over and I have a chance to express myself now.

Here are some suggestions for this place. Take them for what they are worth. I may not post here very often but I'm trying to change and contribute to this forum, and make it more worthwhile for everyone.

1. One thing that I've noticed about every other forum I'm on is that they have a clear set of rules and consequences for breaking the rules. For example, The Tilted Forum Project has a rule that insulting another member results in immediately being banned. We don't have to have such draconian policies, but a clear set of guidelines wouldn't hurt.

2. Restricting access to things like PM's and certain forums isn't such a bad thing, but we should be asking ourselves why it is necessary. I don't recall us having much trouble with spammers or trollers before, and most of the recent turmoil has been between "friends". Again, the rules for becoming a "friend" should be clearly outlined.

3. Above all, I think PM Dawn and PM Dawn inspired art, discussion, and creativity should be the focus of discussion here. I would hate to see this place disappear because of people arguing overy things that aren't even related to PM Dawn. Surely those matters could be discussed on another forum.

Well, that's all I can come up with off the top of my head at the moment. I will post more if I think of anything else.

As for Coz, Hax and the other admins, I think you guys are doing an OK job keeping things real on this forum. I think we have all had many good learning experiences here over the past couple of years. I just wanted to give you guys my support and appreciation for keeping this place alive and running relatively smoothly.

Thanks for letting me get a word in,
    -PsychoMan

this forum is out of the ordinary and at the same time still a PM Dawn discussion place as well, we shouldnt elevate it 2 high but at the same time WE are friends people , dont discount that either..

"One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

How much does the Jury duty pay? If i get picked can it just be Duty because it sounds more silly.

I would also request that if i were picked for said Jury Duty i would want Coz's fiddle music piped into the Jury room.

Oh yes and Cotton Candy for everyone!!!
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

That's proverbial fiddle music Lum...which means that in order to pipe it in we would have to proverially subscribe to a proverbial fiddle music service.

Otherwise, you'll just have to open the proverbial window and cast a proverbial ear to the proverbial wind. :fruit:
    Alright
    Yeah...

Originally posted by Coz@Mar 29 2004, 08:20 PM
    That's proverbial fiddle music Lum...which means that in order to pipe it in we would have to proverially subscribe to a proverbial fiddle music service.

Otherwise, you'll just have to open the proverbial window and cast a proverbial ear to the proverbial wind. :fruit:
    can we charge for that service?

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

I really think you're all taking this too far. I thought grown-ups were capable of working out their own disagreements.
    Keep your headphones on.

Thanks....
    I have found peace so let it continue......

Plus i've never been too good with proverbs. I'd cast my ear as well but it's up for another role in the new DaVinci Epic.
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

Originally posted by SaintHax+Mar 29 2004, 08:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SaintHax @ Mar 29 2004, 08:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Coz@Mar 29 2004, 08:20 PM

can we charge for that service? [/b][/quote]
    You think I won't? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    Alright
    Yeah...

I like PsychoMan's idea about having clearly stated rules...
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

although i have only a few posts like pschodogg, i too agree to rules. it just makes it so plain and readable.it takes the doubting, and guess work out of things.
    as far as other stuff, like, i have seen people get banned for expressing thier oppinions about things such as why they should get f'd music in a post, then come back to find out the post has disappeared and the member was banned,...well, i think things like that are really uncalled for. i think name calling is unnessesary, and really, all internet arguing is just really pointless. come here, express your self with out putting someone down, ask your questions, give your oppinions, and so on. freedom of speach. i dont think anyone here is younger than 18, and if i am correct, then that means all are educated enough to handle themselves in a respectable manner. you know?
    anyways. have a great one. maybe one day, i too might be a friend.

Originally posted by jonbonson@Mar 31 2004, 05:09 AM
    i have seen people get banned for expressing thier oppinions about things such as why they should get f'd music in a post, then come back to find out the post has disappeared and the member was banned,...well, i think things like that are really uncalled for.
    When the hell did that happen? We've banned exactly 4 people in what...2 years? And only 3 of them remain banned...so which 1 of the 3 did this happen to? Please enlighten me, 'cause since you just got here obviously you know what you're talkin about...which of course also means that you clearly remember seeing a post disappear...

Great way to introduce yourself jonbon...

Oh...and we do have members under 18.
    Alright
    Yeah...

+ Reply to Thread