+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3 hour nonstop hip hop mega mix

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

3 hour nonstop hip hop mega mix

by yours truly, the detroit butcher... check it out before the link dies, mostly classic '90s stuff
    http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...G067H6TJCZ2TQF
    Keep your headphones on.

haha nice mix indeed , cept the bitrate chills me 2 the bone (32)
    That is indeed a fine selection
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

32? Glad you put that up b4 I downloaded it, I would've been upset!
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

I'm giving it a listen as we speak. I'll stop by and leave little opinions before I go to sleep. Love the Gravediggaz instrumental. Here we go into Outkast. ATLiens I think was probably their best album. It has a dark dark feel to it. I guess I am not judging MIXING abilities here??? lol. The original JUST DON'T GIVE A FUCK. haha. Man, I can remember the first time I heard Eminem show up on a song called "5 Star Generals" I had no clue who this guy was. (i assumed he was black, cuz he was amazing. haha) I used to get shit from the black kids in my class for digging "EMINEM" (this was before his album came out). Toward the end of the year they were saying "Eminem is prety cool" haa. It's so sad how much eminem has changed. His old stuff is great. I love his flow/lyrics/beats. ugh..sad.

Notorious mental into RUN DMC. I never hated RUN DMC, but they never blew my mind. 2pac mental with Eminem accapella. I always hated Pac. lol. I bet I'll catch heat for that one. The mixing is improving. lol.

N.W.A. "Boyz in the Hood"..but i don't recognize the instrumental.

Whoa..the Ghetto Fabulous mental with those drum-n-bass type drums sound ill. haha. Gets a little redundant but it's an ill concept.

Is this a remix you did of EVERLAST?? Cuz it sounds better than the original.

I'm just going to skip around before i go to sleep. Digable Planets, Geto Boys,

What's with all the Biggie and 2pac? So CLICHE! lol It's all good though.

haha Kid rock. I see you actually used the ICP remix instrumental "HOKUS POKUS" haha. I used to be "Down with the clown", but don't tell anybody. I can't believe how much respect you can lose if you say you liked ICP. haha

Here comes PM Dawn. lol

KRS Blunt Gettin' smoked. That's a neat song. I need your equipment so I can make a mix. haha.

Q-Tip and Beasties one of the funnest songs ever.

No Vaseline..one of the best diss songs ever. It's funny to see Cube get fucked by Common, Cypress Hill, and be a star of kids movies.

P.E. to P.M.
    K. I'm stopping. Time to sleep. You won't get another person with this much detail. peace. lol

ether and coz, so sorry the bitrate turns you off, i was just tryin to put a little flavor up for everybody here, i'm on dial-up, even at 32k/s it still took like 3 hours to upload! forget yall!!

ether thanks for checkin it out anyway.
    Keep your headphones on.

Quote Originally Posted by TrEEtheRealest
    Love the Gravediggaz instrumental.
    Yeah, I love it too, one of my favorites. Props for recognizing it.

Here we go into Outkast. ATLiens I think was probably their best album. It has a dark dark feel to it.
    I agree, their other albums are key too, but ATLiens has always spent the most time in my decks.

I guess I am not judging MIXING abilities here??? lol.
    Why not? At least you weren't afraid of the bitrate, I can take criticism...

The original JUST DON'T GIVE A FUCK. haha.
    Yep yep. And yeh, Em fell way the fuck off, what a waste.

I always hated Pac. lol. I bet I'll catch heat for that one.
    Nah, I'm not gonna give you no heat for not feelin Pac. If it ain't for you, it ain't for you. But can you deny how fly that beat is?

The mixing is improving. lol.
    Thanks

N.W.A. "Boyz in the Hood"..but i don't recognize the instrumental.
    Actually that's the version from Eazy's "187um Dr. Dre Killa/It's On" EP. I think it's the best version out there.

Whoa..the Ghetto Fabulous mental with those drum-n-bass type drums sound ill. haha. Gets a little redundant but it's an ill concept.
    I took that from the video mix of Dre's "Been There Done That" ... did someone else use that same beat? Yeh, I prolly did let that run on a lil too long, those drum & bass beats are from Easy Star All Stars "On The Run", btw.

Is this a remix you did of EVERLAST?? Cuz it sounds better than the original.
    Hmm, that's straight from the LP, I didn't do anything to it ... Props to Everlast then, I guess.

What's with all the Biggie and 2pac? So CLICHE! lol It's all good though.
    Anytime I mix shit, It's mainly coming down to whatever I'm in the mood to hear, if I can make it work in the mix, guess I was just in that mood. cliche? perhaps, but I like it.

haha Kid rock.
    Yes, haha, but at least I used some kid rock from way before he became a total parody of himself. That's from an indie LP he did a few years before he signed with Atlantic. God, I hate his shit now, ever since "american badass". I can't take him seriously at all anymore!

I see you actually used the ICP remix instrumental "HOKUS POKUS" haha. I used to be "Down with the clown", but don't tell anybody. I can't believe how much respect you can lose if you say you liked ICP. haha
    Yeh. even though their shit is wack now, I look back on my juggalo days fondly. Good times.

Here comes PM Dawn. lol
    *tries to remember what pm dawn I used because I don't remember using any in this mix. Damn.*

KRS Blunt Gettin' smoked. That's a neat song. I need your equipment so I can make a mix. haha.
    Two turntables, a tape deck, one of those cd-dj things I borrowed from somebody, and a dual mp3 deck, all wired into a radio shack mixing board. I'm ghetto as fuck, (and I can say that, if you knew where I grew up plus where I live now), I use whatever's at my disposal. None of it's superfresh but who cares.

Q-Tip and Beasties one of the funnest songs ever.
    Super tight, love it.

No Vaseline..one of the best diss songs ever.
    love it, love it.

peace. lol
    did I miss a joke? thanks for checkin it out anyway.
    Keep your headphones on.

Barney Freakin' Rubble

Quote Originally Posted by samedeepwaterasyou
    Two turntables, a tape deck, one of those cd-dj things I borrowed from somebody, and a dual mp3 deck, all wired into a radio shack mixing board. I'm ghetto as fuck, (and I can say that, if you knew where I grew up plus where I live now), I use whatever's at my disposal. None of it's superfresh but who cares.
    Great (long) mix! Is that the old Radio Shack 4 stereo channel plus 3 mic mixer? I ran on one of those for *years* dj'ing parties and mixing stuff for myself. A couple of cd decs and a couple of turntables (none of it DJ quality - just enought to get by and sound decent) kept me having fun for quite a while! Ahhh... ya brought back memories...
    Peace

Quote Originally Posted by pmFan
    Great (long) mix! Is that the old Radio Shack 4 stereo channel plus 3 mic mixer?
    fuck yeah it is, gets me by on my budget, right on.
    Keep your headphones on.

oops double post
    Last edited by DJ Detroit Butcher; 12-24-2005 at 03:24 AM.
    Keep your headphones on.

haha Kid rock. I see you actually used the ICP remix instrumental "HOKUS POKUS" haha. I used to be "Down with the clown", but don't tell anybody. I can't believe how much respect you can lose if you say you liked ICP. haha
    I don't like ICP....

I love ICP

I hate Kid Rock, with his feathered wolf hair.

Too bad I can't hear ur mix

"I took that from the video mix of Dre's "Been There Done That" ... did someone else use that same beat? Yeh, I prolly did let that run on a lil too long, those drum & bass beats are from Easy Star All Stars "On The Run", btw."

Dr. Dre actually RE-USED the sample in his instrumental for RAS KASS "GHETTO FABULOUS".

Wow Wendy, that's a surprise. I used to be such a die-hard ICP fan. I still have the CDs. I think all material after Milenko just didn't do it for me.

+ Reply to Thread