+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Peter Gabriel...

Peter Gabriel...

well... I was readin bout some of his music.. ect...
    I bump into this wonderful, wonderful... wonderful album entitled.. Up

WOW, was sortof polarized by it at first.. been groovin to this for about three weeks. I have always "listened" to him so to speak.. but not to this stature.. I was real familiar with his genesis catelog, thought of him as a really creative musician with a lot of bright ideas..

I was really seriously impressed with "up".. thought it was some wonderful electronic stuff.. and experimentation in it.. not to mention the superb mixing job done with each song..

Read he worked on it for around 10 years, writing over 150 songs .. and its very apparent a lot of hard work went into it..

I am looking forward to his I/O cd.. as it should contain as good of songs.. I am just not sure on when that will be released.. he seems to enjoy putting his work under a microscope and perfecting it.. and thats just fine with me
    -TheXodus-

he's creating some great songs..and some amazing videos
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

Just watched "Growing Up Live" the other day... at the time it had been a decade since his last tour... he didn't think he would be able to sell tickets! He's a really amazing artist.

I'm not sure about his live performances.. but he is brilliant in the studio.. "Up" is a great example.... sounds like loads of work was put into that..
    -TheXodus-

Quote Originally Posted by sdldawn
    I'm not sure about his live performances.. but he is brilliant in the studio.. "Up" is a great example.... sounds like loads of work was put into that..
    I love albums where you know they have put years into it..and every detail has been carefully created... jesus wept for example
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

Quote Originally Posted by HieroHero
    I love albums where you know they have put years into it..and every detail has been carefully created... jesus wept for example
    -TheXodus-

holy crap, you're right .. do you like Sky Blue ?

can he perform live? im not too fussed.. as long as i can hear a nice album.. the same applies for enigma.. a number of singers..
    Have you heard Coldplay try to do the songs with particularly high notes when they are live?? Yellow is like they re-wrote the song and dropped everything a couple of octaves

.. same as the ability of rappers to freestyle, its great in its place but the best place for music in my life is listening to it at my leisure when the music is prerecorded so i dont care how many takes it took in the studio or how long it takes a person to come up with lyrics..
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

yeah I do dig Sky Blue.. like those soulful voices in that...

the entire album is top notch.. its has a polished sound, but its also a bit raw too..

I am glad I ran across this. i would have hate to miss out on such well thought compositions...
    -TheXodus-

Favorite Peter Gabriel song... "In Your Eyes"
    Only thing worse than failure is not trying

+ Reply to Thread