+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The New Battlestar Galactica

On the corner of Grey Street and at the end of the world

Man, WTF was the Sci-Fi Channel thinking when they hit us with that Buuulllllsheeeeiiit!!!

I was through when they made Starbuck a chick. A Chick! Come on now.
    Any true Galatica fan now that Starbuck is supposed to be a scoundrel, cigar-smoking, womanizer, fucking everybody from Athena to Cassie, getting himself and Boomer into trouble. Not some chick they loves to fight and getting it on with Apollo. You mean to tell me the heavens were that damn pissed at the fact that he played women that they decided he'd become one. I say "Eh-Ehh!. That concept just doesn't fly. I'm sure the original cast from Richard Hatch to Dirk Benedict have been shitting on them selves over this. And I won't even get in to what they did with the Cylons. "Let's go out there and kick some Cylon ass!" Ohh, really original, playas. I going to say this once. There are some classic that should be left alone, and Battlestar Galactica was one of them.
    If it's my world too, then whose gold is this I'm digging out

Actually, I rather liked it, honestly. It was filmed well, the acting really wasn't too bad, and set the stage for a weekly series. It is quite different from the original Battlestart Gallactica. The only thing that was really kept were the names of things.

* * * * * SPOILER ALERT * * * * *

And besides the fact that both Starbuck and Boomer are women (who cares, really?) Boomer is also a Cylon (although you don't find this out till the last 30 seconds of the four hour ten minute block).

Dean

+ Reply to Thread