+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: i love this picture!!!

i love this picture!!!

sorry it just had to be said, but i love this pic!!!
    Last edited by xtristessax; 12-07-2009 at 05:54 AM.

reminds me of mardi gras
    -TheXodus-

theres gotta be millions of good pm dawn pics out there... where'd they go!!!
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

THE IMPOSTOR OF THE DAWN Doo-DooHead's Avatar

Woooooooooooooooooow!!!!

Talk about flashbacks!!! They were in london i believe and working on the Bliss Album!!!
    I STOLE THE PM DAWN NAME FROM PRINCE BE'S WIFE AND KIDS,
    WHILE PRINCE BE WAS FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE IN THE HOSPITAL ON LIFE SUPPORT!!!!!!
    I'M DOO-DOO HEAD!!!!!!!!!

ahh how that clothing contrasts dreary london..
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Not me. All I remember from pix like that is thinking that I was watching a rapper with the potential to be 1 of the greatest of all time allow his image to be manipulated and distorted by the devil.

Sorry, but that's how I felt. Still do to an extent. Sure Pop music may have gained an extremely gifted writer, but Hip-Hop may have lost a prophet or even a messiah.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

wouldn't it be a great concept for be to do like an alter ego album.. like a 2cd..

for example.. the first album doing a sortof dearest christian/jesus wept songwriting...

the 2nd cd.. hip hop.. the way Be does it best..

When that gets released. reserve me 10 copies
    -TheXodus-

Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo D
    Not me. All I remember from pix like that is thinking that I was watching a rapper with the potential to be 1 of the greatest of all time allow his image to be manipulated and distorted by the devil.
    The devil being whom?

Sorry, but that's how I felt. Still do to an extent. Sure Pop music may have gained an extremely gifted writer, but Hip-Hop may have lost a prophet or even a messiah.
    From where I was sitting, it seemed that Hip-Hop abandoned PM Dawn, and not the other way around, likely because PM Dawn was a hip-hop act that had crossover appeal, and "crossover" was an obscene word in the world of Hip-Hop back then. I didn't know any Hip-Hop artists, but I knew a lot of Hip-Hop fans, and I saw a great many fans decide to abandon an artist if they noticed it catching on with white fans. If not for this ridiculous need for exclusivity, nobody would have felt the need to discount PM Dawn as an act that "went pop", instead hailing PM Dawn as an artist too big to be stuffed into a one-genre bag.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljak
    From where I was sitting, it seemed that Hip-Hop abandoned PM Dawn, and not the other way around, likely because PM Dawn was a hip-hop act that had crossover appeal, and "crossover" was an obscene word in the world of Hip-Hop back then. I didn't know any Hip-Hop artists, but I knew a lot of Hip-Hop fans, and I saw a great many fans decide to abandon an artist if they noticed it catching on with white fans. If not for this ridiculous need for exclusivity, nobody would have felt the need to discount PM Dawn as an act that "went pop", instead hailing PM Dawn as an artist too big to be stuffed into a one-genre bag.
    That's how I saw it too. With my friends, it was a case of them not really listening to lyrics unless it was profanity. They dismissed it immediately without really listening to it.

Coz, I'm intereseted in what you thought could/should have come of PM Dawn if it had gone differently for them.
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

I want to hear Coz's opinion on this, it's an interesting take. I saw it the same as Wheel and Chris - that hip-hop felt they weren't "hardcore" enough. Coz, is it some early stuff you're thinking of - like they had to "sell out" in order to get a contract?
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

All you guys know is what came to you through the radio. By then it was over a year later. Sorry DJ, but from where you were sitting you couldn't see shit.

You want to know who the devil was? Ask Be how many of his masters does he own. Here, I'll answer that question for you... 1. The 1 he did with me. The devil has the rest of them, because that is what the devil does.

The kid that came to me, the kid that I signed, had the potential to be 1 of the dopest rappers ever! Every other rapper that came through my studio, and there were MANY, was in fukkin AWE! He was on some deep consciousness Hip-Hop shit, the kind of shit that could change the world. He was just a kid from Jersey City, but his thought process was already so deep and his skills on the mic, as a lyricist AND as a songwriter were already primed. He was just a kid so he was a bit naive, very much so about some subjects, but he had the potential to RULE Hip-Hop, and EVERYBODY saw it!

I believed in this kid, even after our first record flopped and my partner lost interest. I was prepared to move him to another distributor and build an entire new label around him. Then, the devil stepped in...

Suddenly, people who did not know him OR the culture decided that they could make money with his potential, if they shaped it towards their markets and interests. They filled his head with foreign thoughts and ideas, and started steering his image from one of consciousness to some psychedelic hippy persona.

And they started separating him from me.

They told him of the wondrous plans that they had in store for him, dressed him up in hippy clothing, and bought the rights that I had refused to take from him for a pittance. Though I don't know for a fact, I'm sure that they did their best to poison him against me, as they refused to take my phone calls. I worked my ass off trying to warn him, telling him how I "smelled the dick coming", but it was to no avail. I couldn't compete with them. In the end, they caused a rift between us that would last for over 10 years, they bought out my lawyer from underneath me, and they robbed me of my friend, Be of his rights, and Hip-Hop of a legend.

As for that crossover crap, that's some bullshit. I was crossover in fukkin 1984! Where he lost Hip-Hop was where they influenced him into abandoning his blackness. The kid that I signed was a proud black brother who understood that his people were fukked up, but wanted to do what he could to change that. Listen to the words of "Ode To A Forgetful Mind" again. Not long after the rift that they had caused between us was complete he was in magazines denying that very blackness that he used to be so proud of. For Hip-Hop that is a mortal sin. Fukk that shit with KRS, that was nothing. It was saying in print that he didn't have a color during a time that Hip-Hop was at it's most conscious and pro-black level that did it. For a black rapper back then to claim that he wasn't black was no different than saying that he wasn't Hip-Hop!

The kid I signed could have changed Hip-Hop, he could have shaped it. And with his deep sense of righteousness and integrity he might even have saved it. Instead, he was lured into the land of tie-die and crystals, by soulless devils who's only interest in his music was how much money it could make them, and once he held no more value to them they abandoned him.

And to me it's still a sad thing, maybe not so sad for Be, but definitely sad for Hip-Hop.
    Alright
    Yeah...

i hear ya..

but am i a devil worshiper for diggin them clothes and albums where he majority sings ?
    -TheXodus-

Quote Originally Posted by sdldawn
    i hear ya..

but am i a devil worshiper for diggin them clothes and albums where he majority sings ?
    No. The devil would have dressed them in furs, skins and tiger's teeth if it would've helped them make a few bucks more.
    Alright
    Yeah...

BTW, do y'all realize that He could've been Outkast before Outkast was Outkast? It had NOTHING to do with the music.

Have you ever heard anyone claim that Arrested Development wasn't Hip-Hop? They were in the same time, sung in their records as much as they rapped, and varied their music just as much.

AND, they crossed over!
    Alright
    Yeah...

It still boggles my mind they arent more famous than they are now
    -TheXodus-

Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo D
    BTW, do y'all realize that He could've been Outkast before Outkast was Outkast? It had NOTHING to do with the music.

Have you ever heard anyone claim that Arrested Development wasn't Hip-Hop? They were in the same time, sung in their records as much as they rapped, and varied their music just as much.

AND, they crossed over!

i loooves me some arrested development.

i do'nt know what the deal is with this crossing over stuff, but pm dawn and arrested development are my two favorite hip hop groups. and i think that the music they're both making today is just as good as it always was. and that's my two cents, even if it's not really related to this topic. but that's what happens when you mention AD around me.

all i know from this thread is that the media or somebody screwed up pm dawn and big daddy koz was trying to save them and it didn't work. or something. damn that devil!

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

Coz, if and when Be goes in that direction we'll be lapping it up.
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

I honestly think it can still happen.. one powerhouse album and its back on for pm dawn.. i think their sound is welcomed in todays music..
    -TheXodus-

Quote Originally Posted by ETHERSPIN
    Coz, if and when Be goes in that direction we'll be lapping it up.
    I'm not saying what he should do, I'm saying what I wish he'd have done.

And X, if he had stayed in Hip-Hop, he would've been a LEGEND now.
    Alright
    Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by sdldawn
    I honestly think it can still happen.. one powerhouse album and its back on for pm dawn.. i think their sound is welcomed in todays music..
    AGREED!
    Alright
    Yeah...

+ Reply to Thread