+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So what's been up with me?

On the corner of Grey Street and at the end of the world

So what's been up with me?

Well for starters, my niece has just given birth to a baby boy, making me a very young great uncle, which is not easy to cope with, but I'm trying. The kid's name is "Kentrell" (I guess I spelled it right.)
    My aunt and uncle on my dad's side (both in their 80s) has been in and out of the hospital for numerous reasons. She is bed ridden most of the time and can't get around, which is one of the reasons why I don't post as much. They have my old man on call 24 hrs a day which is stressing him out.
    And to top it all off, After busting my ass at the J.O.B. for almost two years, the day before New Years, we get notice that our store is going out of business. No warning. No two week notice. Nothing. It just so have it that the Mall Office has raised our lease and our bosses (Trans World Entertainment) refuse to pay, and negotiation went on for some time under our noses. so, they said, "To hell with it, shut them down." No relocation, just close up. Not only, did it upset us, but also the other stores in the mall. I can't say that I'm was surprised it happened. I practically forseen it, when three other stores before us shut down. (Including Kay-Bee toys which actually went bankrupt.) Since then, we've spent the remainder of our days, packing up merchandise to ship to other stores, and discounting what's left, and milking our remaining hours for all they're worth. Today is our last day, I asked the manager if I could come in and finish what's left, but she said no. She did however, agree to throw a farewell party for the staff.
    But b4 you go feeling sorry for me, I do have good news.
    " I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico"

Just letting you know I haven't lost my since of humor.

Seriously, I am in the process of finding another line of work, and will draw unemployment in the meantime. I know something is going to go through. Back in November I predicted that 2005 was going to be my year.
    If it's my world too, then whose gold is this I'm digging out

Good luck with that job search man. Hopefully your families health turns around and congrats on the uncle-hood.
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by justafan
    Good luck with that job search man. Hopefully your families health turns around and congrats on the uncle-hood.
    Ditto...and do some writing man.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Hope everything works out for you.
    -TheXodus-

You are one in a million Stan. It's good you can laugh in the face of such a crossroad. Best of luck to ya bro. I hope you find something you enjoy.
    I love the summer months!

On the corner of Grey Street and at the end of the world

Thanx, bros. We just finished packing yesterday. I forgot to mention how my assistant manager took it. She's been there for almost 20 years and survived every incarnation of the store's coming and going. The third key actually cried, but he's staying strong. Now it's time to move on.
    If it's my world too, then whose gold is this I'm digging out

+ Reply to Thread