+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dearest Christian...

i was listening to this album yesterday..somethin abt it which makes it far better than all other pm dawn albums i think...
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

I agree, some great tracks on there, I guess you could say its more refined than the other albums?

I remember when I first bought it, wondering to myself if they have a kickass song at the end like the Jesus wept album of 1999-Once in a lifetime- Coconut

Untitled confirmed that!! great way to finish off a great album!

I think the emotion is a little more raw on that album. It's definitely beautiful.
    love
    Elizabeth

THE OPENIN NOTE ON CARNIVORES......IT DONT GIVE YOU GOOSIES...YOU AINT HUMAN
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

It's a GREAT album, but I've been trying to figure out (for years) whether or not I like it better than Jesus Wept. It's too close to call for me. Untitled is awesome. Utero, Carnivores, and Broken are great tracks too.

Louis
    I love the summer months!

jesus wept bliss album n of the heart ive always had on a par and id probably throw fucked in their with those now..with of the heart being my fav..but dearest christian is above all of those 4 me
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

i would agree, i've always said it was a masterpiece, and not just in the scope of pm dawn, in the scope of music

i think one thing that sets it apart is that the actual songwriting and lyrics had matured much more by that record, & it's also a lot more based on session musicians and live instrumentation rather than being more sample-based like earlier albums. but that being said, i like the music of earlier albums, especially the trip-hop kind of stuff like "personal gravity", "9:45 wake-up dream", etc.

Its very hard 2 actually pick between Jesus Wept and Dearest Christian... they 2 have distinct feelings and emotions, that pour when u hit play.. Jesus Wept sounds more mysterious, and Dearest Christian brings emotions.. My favorite PM cd's..

Broken and Untitled are masterpieces.. genius work.. a GREAT way 2 end an album.. great way

Great Work

I agree man, both are great and its hard to choose, BUT as I have said many, many times before, there is no PM Dawn song that I love more than "Sometimes I Miss You." (Especially all the cool remixes it has!) When I listen to Wept I always can't wait for that song to play. And had he somehow kept "Holding You From Eventually" on the album, that would have made it even better! The endings of both albums are very creative. I guess I will take either one, but I need my Jesus Wept fix about once a week at least.

I must admit though, the Bliss album is what got me into PM Dawn in the first place. It and Wept are very fast tempoed and upbeat, where Dearest is slower tempoed (at least to me).

I guess everyone has one PM Dawn album they like better than others, but we all agree that they are all good music.

Louis
    I love the summer months!

As much as I love dearest christian, I still insist that jesus Wept is my favortie album. If they did put "Holding.." and "She dreams..." on the final cut, It would have been really neat.

Brandon
    Wake me up at 9:45.

I am in agreement with you on most of the points that you guys have stated. All Of The P.M. Dawn Stuff is great, and it is hard to pick a favorite. I got into them because of "The Bliss Album...." and after hearing it HAD to go back and get "Of The Heart..." And "Dearest Christian" is great too, but I think if I were forced to choose only 1 favorite, I would have to go with "Jesus Wept" hands down! Everything about that album is totally beautiful. In Fact, It is one of the few albums that I would not hesitate to use the word masterpiece when describing it.
    Tell Me What You Want Me To Be,
    I Can't Stand Myself Anymore....
    Tell Me What You Want Me To See,
    I Can't Find My Way Off The Floor...

+ Reply to Thread