+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: The fast and the furious...

...is the stupiest movie I've seen in awhile :laugh:

somebody wake me up when they find a Honda Civic that will even come close to outrunning a RX-7 or Supra.....I won't hold my breath while waiting :rofl:

and a eclipse that does 160? hahaha my (ex)friend's eclipse would do 125 tops and I'd have to damn near push his car to that speed with the RX-7

this movie is so lame and stupid it's not even funny as the previews were...the whole movie shows that the writers are total dumbasses, but look on the bright side every kid with a Civic thinks they have a "sports" car that will outrun anything now

ok I'm done ranting

i dont think they care abt car speed accuracy when their makin a hollywood blockbuster action movie if u wanna see somethin funny tho check the indycar movie with sly stallone..theres a scene where they go driving around normal streets in the city in an indycar..that is the funniest 10 minutes of un-realism youll ever see..
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

yeah I remember that it's Driven the indy cars were on public streets BUT a major mistake is where the man hole covers arn't welded down....in the real world the downforce of those cars would cause the steel covers to get sucked up into the bottom of the car thus distroying the bottom of the car and probably wrecking it.

yeah i don't understand this whole craze "lemme get a tiny four cylinder engine and hook it up to shit and make it look like a race car, and put a sick exhaust system on it so it sounds fast" wtf is that all about? go get yourself a muscle car or rotary engine that's meant for speed

Well, I don't know shit about cars, but I watched fast and the furious for the 1st time last night, and almost died laffing when homeboy popped that 3.5 inch floppy into his computer and out jumped those slick hi-tek super fast car graphics. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Okay, in that race the cops broke up near the begining, the main character's floor on the passengers side fell out, then a few minutes later, he picks up vin diesel and no one seems to notice vin's got nowhere to put his feet? I thought that was kind of strange.

This movie was just Point Break with new actors and cars instead of surfing. But a lot worse.
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

Okay, in that race the cops broke up near the begining, the main character's floor on the passengers side fell out, then a few minutes later, he picks up vin diesel and no one seems to notice vin's got nowhere to put his feet? I thought that was kind of strange.
    thats one of the 10000 mistakes in that movie, the floor boards don't fall out when the motor blows, plus it seems to have ran pretty good with a blown motor during the getaway

thats one of the 10000 mistakes in that movie, the floor boards don't fall out when the motor blows, plus it seems to have ran pretty good with a blown motor during the getaway
    Yeah, maybe he had two motors in there and one of them still worked enough for a get away. :mrgreen:
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

Intelligent Posts :11

ok...enough of my lurking.......the fuckin acting in it was horrible also....sorry ladies, but van dipshit sucks as an actor.....

p.s....back with a vegance...

p.s....back with a vegance...
    uh oh

yo i saw a nitrosed and bi turbo'd crx 4 cylinder 1.8 litre once in a magazine and on tv, it did a standing 1/4 in 10.3, c'mon thats not nad eh?

and dont forget that wrc spec rally cars are all 4 cylinder and limited to 300 bhp but can reach 60 mph in under 4 seconds on gravel.

but i know what you mean, all my freinds got little ass cars with the rims and zaust's none of them better 75 bhp a peice.
    but i guess when you young you usually can't afford a rx7 like some lucky bastards!
    the thing i hate is hearing a banging stereo in a total skip of a car.
    at least with my freinds they put some effort into the styling.

i'll probabl have somthing similar anywayz, fukkit.

ill have my bugatti eb 101 soon enough!

id be lucky to have a 300zx when im 35!
    IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM, AVOID THEM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

yo i saw a nitrosed and bi turbo'd crx 4 cylinder 1.8 litre once in a magazine and on tv, it did a standing 1/4 in 10.3, c'mon thats not nad eh?

and dont forget that wrc spec rally cars are all 4 cylinder and limited to 300 bhp but can reach 60 mph in under 4 seconds on gravel.
    ok how much did it cost to make that crx go fast? stock wrx's do 0-60 in 5.7 on pavemant

my car does 0-60 in 4.6 with 270hp and I've had it to 168mph a friend took his to 192mph on a track.

my car has $1100 in modifcations now if you do the math and let me spend as much money on my car as the 10.3 second CRX needed to go that fast I would probably have a 480hp to 530hp monster.

My car runs the 1/4 in 13.3 to 13.9 stock now considering that I would never set my car up for just drag racing I bet I could get it down into the 11's and 12's and still beat the shit out of anything. Thats kinda the problem with most car owners around here just because they're car can run the 1/4 fast doesn't mean it's gonna keep up with a "stock" RX-7 or Supra on a curvy road keep in mind that a 1/4 mile is a 1/4 mile so if you give me a full mile most cars arn't gonna keep up. people often try to race me on a curvy road or the open highway and I don't even let them get close. I was riding with a friend one night doing about 75mph and some 4 door car pulls out behind us comes speeding up and tries to pass us he got to my door and I floored it within a few seconds he's about a mile back and we're doing about 155mph.

I always tune my car for midrange power, I don't care much for drag racing because that doesn't really show what the car can do, and I don't care much for top end simply because there arn't many areas to go past 140-150mph without risking someones life and most of the major roads were only designed for about 90-110max and being in the mountains we have some odd wind patterns, so if enough air gets under the car it's bye bye Hax

So if you look at it from this point of view the next time you see a fast 1/4 mile car think of how crappy it goes through turns, it's hard to build a sub 11 second car and it still be "driveable" even harder if you start with a car that wasn't ment to go fast in the first place.

too tru man

ne ways im talkin bout modded rally cars that professionals drive.

its like you get theese 3 door mini hatchbacks over here and peeps put v6's in em
    bear in mind they have 1 litre 4's to start of with
    now how the fuck is that gonna go round a corner
    it would just go in a straight line into the nearest wall
    them engines weigh twice the standard ones, over the front wheels and front wheel drive.
    under steer? yep!, tourqe steer?, yep!, steering?, no.
    ok it might go on a straight but like you said sorta speed takes second place on the twisties.
    but i didnt realise we were talking speed for money factor.
    in that case the more japaneese and turbocharged the better!
    and of course it helps if its fast as fuck to begin with.
    eclipses in my opinion along with fto's are more of a posers car than an outright sports car
    IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM, AVOID THEM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

CARS...OH YEAH THOSE THINGS WITH DA WHEELS
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

they can have the rice rockets, i'm stickin with american muscle (even though there not made here)

you mean (your ex-friends) car would actually do 125? what did you put jet fuel in it or something?

yeah Josh's car would do 125 with a tail wind on a hill...with 1 red RX-7 behind it

Hey... you're from Jacksonville too...
    That's so said.
    Elizabeth

Hey... you're from Jacksonville too...
    That's so said.
    Elizabeth
    thats so said??

yeah i don't understand this whole craze "lemme get a tiny four cylinder engine and hook it up to shit and make it look like a race car, and put a sick exhaust system on it so it sounds fast" wtf is that all about? go get yourself a muscle car or rotary engine that's meant for speed
    That's why I bought a Chevy Camaro.

+ Reply to Thread