+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Those Interested In Astronomy....

For anyone who loves to look at the sky, wanted to let you know that tonight will be one of the best evenings to view the Perseid meteor shower.

As many of you may know, every year around this time the earth passes through the comet debris of the Swift-Tuttle comet. This year it is said that we will pass through some of the densest parts of the stream...so if you want a decent show, go to where it is as dark as possible (far from city lights) and look to the sky in the pre-dawn hours tonight (sunday night/monday morning) or also tomorrow (monday night/tueday morning). I, however, suggest tonight of the two nights, after midnight; with good viewing at about 3 a.m.

If you are interested to learn more about the meteor shower, visit this site...http://www.space.com/spacewatch/perseids_s...tch_020809.html

I know i will be watching :mrgreen: Enjoy! :thumup:
    Because the sky is blue, it makes me cry...

AAHH! I even talked about this on the radio last night and i still missed it!!!

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

AAHH! I even talked about this on the radio last night and i still missed it!!!
    You havent missed it...you can view it until August 18th or so, but each day after tonight the frequency of meteors greatly diminishes. So go out tonight/early morning and enjoy!!

I could make a wish on every last speck of dust that fell from the sky and it still wouldn't change my life

Well no it wouldn't. If you already don't believe in the wish you make before you make it..how CAN it come true?

Believing something can't be done is what makes it impossible. You'll be surprised what can happen when you believe anything's possible.

Isn't that right Deity? :mrgreen:
    Something is neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so.

Well no it wouldn't. If you already don't believe in the wish you make before you make it..how CAN it come true?

Believing something can't be done is what makes it impossible. You'll be surprised what can happen when you believe anything's possible.

Isn't that right Deity? :mrgreen:
    Yes, yes it is.... :mrgreen:

correction....wish came true at 12pm this afternoon, now all I have to do is hold it together

Tybris wrote:

Isn't that right Deity?

Yes, yes it is....
    OK...I know I may be hatin' but...ya'll are startin' to make me feel just a little bit queasy... :bird: :rofl:

Just kiddin'........and lamentin' the bootay flix I never saw...heheheheh
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

oh cool, thanks deity

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

i viewed it early (3:30 am) monday and i didnt see a whole lot...about 8 in 30 minutes, but then i do live close to many city lights...the only redeeming thing was that i saw, what astronomers refer to as an 'Earthgrazer'...it was a very bright, colorful and long lasting meteor. Quite a sight! Lasted almost 4 seconds (a lifetime to an astronomer), and was a bluish-white with a hint of violet at the end...very much worth the wait!

crap, it's cloudy tonight

well...the good news is Elle, that this happens annually...and even better yet, in november is the Leonid meteor shower. Although usually the weather is less likely to cooperate with you in november. i was surprised that i was able to see the Leonid shower last november, especially here in Seattle, and last novermber was considered a storm as opposed to a mere shower, so therefore i saw quite a few meteors :thumup: anyhoo...i am sure i am boring all of you so i will be quite now...

not boring to me. make sure you tell me every time su'in's happenin' in da sky. :mrgreen:

+ Reply to Thread