+ Reply to Thread

Thread: senseless soundtrack

Barney Freakin' Rubble

senseless soundtrack

Hey - does anyone know what the version of "Gotta Be... Movin On Up" is on the Senseless soundtrack? It is NOT the same as what is on my Dearest Christian cd.
    Peace

Barney Freakin' Rubble

Wow! I did not realize that there were two different versions of the song! So, for anyone who cares, here is what I found.

The version on the Senseless soundtrack matches the one in the CD single (GEE 500137 3) that includes:
    01 - Gotta Be... Movin' On Up (featuring Ky-Mani)
    02 - Gotta Be... Movin' On Up (featuring Ky-Mani) (Instrumental)
    03 - Gotta Be... Movin' On Up (featuring Ky-Mani) (Accapella)
    04 - Perfect
    The soundtrack also matches the V2 video that played on MTV, etc.

There is a remix cd (GEE 5003933) that includes:
    01 - Gotta Be...Movin' On Up (featuring Ky-Mani) (Grant & Adams Reconstruction)
    02 - Gotta Be...Movin' On Up (featuring Ky-Mani) (Andy Bradfield Remix)
    03 - Gotta Be...Movin' On Up (featuring Ky-Mani) (Morales Radio Remix)

All 3 of the remixes are based on the version I have on my Dearest Christian cd (V2CI 0019) that has extra tracks (from Japan, I think). Gotta Be... Movin' On Up is track 14 on that CD for me. All of the lyrics sites I checked match this version.

So basically, the song has the chorus several times as well as 3 verse sections. In both versions of the song, the middle verse is Be. In both versions, the last verse is the same, sung by a single male voice (I assume Ky-Mani). In the remixes and on my Dearest Christian cd, the first verse is by the same single male voice. But in the cd single and on the Senseless soundtrack, that full verse was replaced with a rap by a different male voice (with an overdubbed repeat/echo or another singer). Totally different verse as well as singer (sounds like to me).

If you have the CD single, you could easily replace any of the verses with your own and still have everything else because the Accapella [sic] version is *all* of the voice parts and the Instrumental is *all* of the instrument parts. They fully match up to make up the song, so a little editing allows you to put in your own lyrics - or have Be sing to your own tune.

Anyway - does anyone know who does the rap? Any idea why the two versions - cutting off half of Ky-Mani's performance? Was it maybe to give a harder edge for the Senseless soundtrack?
    Last edited by pmFan; 06-30-2011 at 12:21 AM.
    Peace

Barney Freakin' Rubble

Another interesting note - The song Perfect For You is also on the Senseless soundtrack. It is also #16 on my Dearest Christian cd. But in the CD single, they called it "Perfect", instead of "Perfect For You". Mistake in printing the CD and insert? Or maybe a suggested name change?
    Peace

Fly on the wall since2003

I remember hearing somewhere... I can't recall where... but the first rap verse off the radio version was removed because someone figured out he was actually dissing PM Dawn - something to do with the line "Frontin' like it's white gold" referring to Be and JC's (and Giggle's) white gold crosses...

I have a vague recollection of Giggles telling me this... but I could be wrong.

Maybe I dreamed it.
    Never burn your bridges while you're standing on them...

I have the cd single.
    dope!
    Kymani Non-Marley most likely did not want to dis our guys.

Fly on the wall since2003

No, it wasn't K-mani... it was the guy who did the rap in verse 1... Can't remember who it was.
    Never burn your bridges while you're standing on them...

+ Reply to Thread