+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I'VE got the new live album

Actually Doc...my fist listen was on my computer and I had the volume down lower than normal. My Logitech 5.1 THX speakers sometimes sound bassy.

My second listen was in my car. I had to lower the bass a couple of notches, but the clarity came thru much better. I could definitely hear the crowd. It's a shame they didn't keep some of the "antics", but I guess a record company only wants tracks with music on a live album.

I wondered about "If You Stay"...when I listened to it in the car, I could definitely tell it was Be's voice on the backing vocals. Sounds just like the BB's version...but better.

Faith In You was recorded in mono!?!!....SIN! (Where do we get the "bonus track"?)

How many other songs were recorded live but didn't make the album cut? And why did I buy the album for a measley $4 + shipping? Makes me wonder if you're getting anything from the sales.
    Last edited by Bonkman; 10-04-2009 at 08:10 AM.
    "...Because all you of Earth are idiots!" - Eros, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

It's been 2 years already?

THE IMPOSTOR OF THE DAWN Doo-DooHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkman View Post
    Actually Doc...my fist listen was on my computer and I had the volume down lower than normal. My Logitech 5.1 THX speakers sometimes sound bassy.

My second listen was in my car. I had to lower the bass a couple of notches, but the clarity came thru much better. I could definitely hear the crowd. It's a shame they didn't keep some of the "antics", but I guess a record company only wants tracks with music on a live album.

I wondered about "If You Stay"...when I listened to it in the car, I could definitely tell it was Be's voice on the backing vocals. Sounds just like the BB's version...but better.

Faith In You was recorded in mono!?!!....SIN! (Where do we get the "bonus track"?)

How many other songs were recorded live but didn't make the album cut? And why did I buy the album for a measley $4 + shipping? Makes me wonder if you're getting anything from the sales.
    That's classified info,BonkBaby, but I will point out that we are allowed to sell the album at Our shows, and that it was a 1album deal. Now we move on and make a new project.
    I STOLE THE PM DAWN NAME FROM PRINCE BE'S WIFE AND KIDS,
    WHILE PRINCE BE WAS FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE IN THE HOSPITAL ON LIFE SUPPORT!!!!!!
    I'M DOO-DOO HEAD!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wendyful04 View Post
    It's been 2 years already?
    Yes It Has Been 2 years since we Had drinks in coconut grove, and saw Jim Carrey go apeshit in The Movie 23.
    I still have not met Mickey! Woooooow!

AAAH YES , remember the Room numbers they gave you and Be at the sydney hotel ? haha
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGiggles View Post
    Yes It Has Been 2 years since we Had drinks in coconut grove, and saw Jim Carrey go apeshit in The Movie 23.
    I still have not met Mickey! Woooooow!
    How long since the Power 96 show @ Hardrock? Only a year and 1/2, right?
    Things done changed since those days. Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by Etherspin View Post
    AAAH YES , remember the Room numbers they gave you and Be at the sydney hotel ? haha
    Let me guess, 23 and 32?
    G was going apeshit over that number for a while. It was out to get him.

kinda - he was right into it and tried to scare Be like " your room number is 13 - 10" (=23) then we were like ... ah giggles .. your room is 14 - 09
    heheheh
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

You Gotta admit I was right.The number23 was trying to kill me. I'm glad it stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGiggles View Post
    You Gotta admit I was right.The number23 was trying to kill me. I'm glad it stopped.
    It wasn't trying to kill you.
    Are you sure it's stopped?

Hey Doc did someone get that youtube vid to you? - I'm not exactly up to the play with downloading flash video files but I guess I could try?

I can get the video, what was the youtube link specifically you wanted to pull?

there we go, just right. keep walking...

Is that the picture. Of me eating a sandwhich in Houston Tx?
    I'm gonna kill DJ emergency, I told him to take that down. It was the kids first show with me, I was chatting with people on the Emergency Forum, and I guess he taped it. I felt like taping me eat was an invasion of my privacy, but its all good. Ill punch his arm and we'll move on.

Is that the picture. Of me eating a sandwhich in Houston Tx?
    I'm gonna kill DJ emergency, I told him to take that down. It was the kids first show with me, I was chatting with people on the Emergency Forum, and I guess he taped it. I felt like taping me eat was an invasion of my privacy, but its all good. Ill punch his arm and we'll move on.

I just found out that the live album is out. I have it on order from amazon and I am eagerly anticipating it's arrival.

-T

Good stuff!

Got the album today. I always get super-excited when any new PM Dawn stuff comes out.

I really like it! Good to hear you on there Doc, you add another style to PM - a little harder. No Woman No Cry was sweet too!

Congrats to you and Be - great job!

Fly on the wall since2003

Live Album just arrived last night... will listen to it today and drop my thoughts... nice artwork Jak!
    Never burn your bridges while you're standing on them...

Fly on the wall since2003

OK.

I'm impressed! Love the selection of tracks, including Blurry, which I've been hoping for (would be awesome for a album style recording, but live will do - Be does an awesome version of this!).

What's missing: banter between tracks. Be and Giggles are funny mofos and after being to a live PM Dawn gig, you really notice it missing. It just livens the whole thing up.

The other thing that's missing: Be doing Notorious BIG in the middle of Set Adrift. Obviously a problem to put on a recording, but it was a real surprise when he did it live. That shit was funny.

All in all, it's great shit. Good to have a new PM Dawn release and a CD to hold in my hands. Thanks fellas.

Now, for the album we wait!
    Never burn your bridges while you're standing on them...

OK FIRST TO CORY:
    THANK YOU FOR GETTING ME, IF P.M.DAWN WAS A PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWHICH, I WILL ALWAYS SAY THAT I AM THE CRUNCHY JIFFY, AND PRINCE BE IS THE EXTRA LARGE WELCHES,
    I'M GOING TO RELEASE ANOTHER LIVE ALBUM ONLY BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER TRACKS THAT SONY WOULD NOT ACCEPT BECAUSE THEY ONLY WANTED A SPECIFIC AMOUNT OF SONGS, 11 I BELIEVE. IF I HAD THE CHANCE TO STAY IN PM DAWN , AND NOT GO TO THE NAVY 20 YEARS AGO, I WOULD HAVE MADE MORE OF AN IMPACT, AND KRS ONE WOULD NOT HAVE GOT AWAY WITH ATTACKING BE AND MINUTEMIX WITH 40 OTHER PEOPLE. RAMPAGE WAS TALKING TO ME ABOUT THAT NIGHT LAST YEAR ON THE PHONE. IT STILL MAKES. MY BLOOD BOIL, I STILL HAVE THE NY DAILY. NEWS CLIPPING FROM JANUARY 1992 THAT MY OTHER MAILED TO ME IN ITALY, IT ENRAGED ME SO BADLY THAT I GAVE MY 10,000 DOLLAR GI BILL BACK AND LEFT THE NAVY 1 YEAR SHORT OF A 4 YEAR TERM.

NOW FOR ADULTEROR:
    SONY MUSIC PUT THE CUFFS ON ME MAN, AND THEY CUT OUT THE BANTER. I WILL BE RELEASING ANOTHER LIVE ALBUM ONLINE BASED OFF OF OUR LAST SHOW TOGETHER IN TAMPA FLORIDA FROM JUNE OF 2008. BE WAS SO DAMN RIDICULOUS HE TOLD THE CROWD THAT WE WERE LATE BECAUSE I
    HAD TO TAKE A SHIT. I WAS PISSED EVEN THOUGH IT WAS TRUE(damn that Fosters Beer) AND AS I SAID BEFORE I REALLY HOPE YOU DUDES LOVE WHAT WE GOT COMING, I'M DROPPING A NEW SINGLE TOMORROW NIGHT AND THE STORES ARE ALREADY SET UP ON THE PM DAWN, DOC G MYSPACE PAGES, AND THE NEW WWW.DOCOFTHEDAWN.COM WEBSITE. I hope y'all Love me on The solo, AT SOME POINT WE WILL STILL DROP PM DAWN LOVES YOU, and Molakai Daydreams, I Have the Albums we just need to place the Cherry On Top.
    AMAZON MP3.COM SEARCH DOC.G Peace With U , and Insane With It.

Doc:

First of all - you drink Fosters?? Oh man, you gotta get off that shit! You pretty much can't even buy it in Australia!

Secondly, can't wait to hear the other live stuff and I'll definitely check out your new single...

+ Reply to Thread