+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Question of Ambition-

A Question of Ambition-

We all dream. We all at one point in our lives had a dream of success, wealth, popularity, Hope, personal achievements we have wanted to fulfill, life passions, worldly cures of cancer or AIDS, anything we all wanted to accomplish when we were younger, or even now.

Please, as a community, share these with us.
    -------------------------------------------------

When I was a child at the age of 6 I was surrounded by many boks in my elementary classroom and at home. I was an excellent reader who was taught by my father at the age of 4 to read him the newspaper in the morning before he would go to work before 5am. I would fetch the newspaper and he would make us both a cup of black coffee and I would read him the news while he put his workboots on and relaxed with a cigarette before driving off for 12-16 hours a day. This was "our time".
    Anyways, being surrounded by texts I would read alot. One of these books at my class was an exposition on Egyptology, mummies and archaeologists digging up stuff from anienct civilizations long gone. I wanted to be an Archaeologist. I held on to this dream until I was unable to enter into UC Santa Barbara due to an average SAT score and the fact that "there was more than enough Indians enrolled to meet the State quota". Yes I am half Native Injun= Osage and Ottawa.

SInce then I was hit hard and my dreams kind of went South. Saddened, I looked around to see where there was just a simple need in the world which could be filed with love, and I am on that track now. My goal is to establish throughout the Entire Midwest a network of homeless shelters which provide food, clothing, medicine and trwatment centers all in-house for those either without a home or for those families who need it, all on a no name basis. I would require private funding and unfortunately this is going to be a much longer trek to acomplish since donations are now knocked down to minimal due to a recent bill which passed limiting the amount which can be taken off of deductions. But the route I am going is to be used by my Church as a Priest. Yes I am finishing my Bachelor's to become a Priest once I finish I am already on the list for St. Vladimir's Seminary. I never said I wanted to be rich, just doing what I ought to do in this world.
    "I may not always agree with what you have to say but I will die for your right to say it..."

?

interesting.
    I love the summer months!

I always wanted to be a movie star, when I was younger. I wanted to dress up and be other people, and maybe even be loved for it.

That's a great goal, VK. I also have dreams of how I would help the homeless (with greater means).
    So patience... is nothing...

oh, let's share how we didn't make it... you did, now my turn.

umm... my parents didn't nurture my interests and I never developed into a good actress (I did keep trying, all throughout school, however); my film school acceptance was thwarted by not having the imaginary $ my parents promised me, plus love complicating possibilities of relocation... I ended up getting a *temporary* job and apartment-- but I never broke free. I have a family because of all of this, so it's meant to be.
    Last edited by ElizabethX; 04-28-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: grammar

I wanted to be a math professor when I grew up (yes, I was a nerdy child I guess). In high school I became skilled at programming computers, and I thought my skills would serve me well as a fallback career in case I didn't achieve my dream. When I got to university a series of missteps caused me to fall behind in mathematics, and I didn't pursue further education. Instead, I started working for a software company and I have been there ever since... in my "fallback" career.

I was always a little sad that I didn't follow a teaching profession, which I think is more noble and more beneficial to society than a programmer in a cubicle making money for a large corporation. Luckily, my fiancee is a social worker, so at least one of us is out there on the front lines helping people. That makes me feel a little better.

thank you for the grand recognition of the teaching profession
    *no sarcasm

You should go out there and teach! You could still do it.

+ Reply to Thread