+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Jam-On The Groove

Jam-On The Groove - Saturday, June 13th 2009

Another Classic Show!

Dogtrane took a bit of a break from the mash-ups this week and instead went right to blending, cutting and scratching up classic, hard rocking beats, breaks and grooves. He had the chatroom buzzin' as he went way back for some Soul, rocked some Disco and then dropped some Electro. A request rang out from the chat for Aleem's classic "Release Yourself" and The Dog obliged in hard hittin' fashion!

I then dropped an Electro set that featured more obscure and brand new tracks, starting with Das Omikron's funky, eclectic "Analog Computation". I then widened the spectrum from The Clone DJ to DJ Xed and from Harmonic 313 to Dark Vektor, and The Middle Men in between. I threw in a bit of classic Newcleus for good measure and gave everybody a taste of a remix that I have been sweating over in the lab.

Enjoy!

Podcast is now available at: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/jam-onthegroove
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Jam-On The Groove - Saturday, June 27th 2009
    Legends Of The Past, Rhythms Of The Future!

After taking off a week for the Newcleus show at Madison Square Garden we returned with a special show. To mark the passing of music legend and icon Michael Jackson, Dogtrane put together a sensational set that included some of Michael's music and that of other Lost Legends like James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Barry White, Isaac Hayes, Rick James and many others. It was quite a poignant set that kept everyone in the chatroom engaged and reminiscent.

I followed up these grooves from the past with some choice Electro grooves of the future, playing a complete set of Nu Electro that is either just released or pre-released, or even still being worked on. Fresh beats from the likes of Electronic Confessions, Karl Finlow, Rob Real, The Blastromen, The Middle Men, Dynamik Bass System, Das Omikron, Newcleus and more! There is something exciting happening in Electro and Jam-On The Groove is on top of it!

All in all, another great show, as we prepare for this week's upcoming Jam-On July 4th Jamboree!!!

Enjoy!

Podcast is now available at: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/jam-onthegroove
    Alright
    Yeah...

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

Downloaded as usual! Keep on keepin on, Coz & Dogtrane!
    Keep your headphones on.

Saturday, July 4th, 5pm EST (10pm GMT)

Jam-On The Groove presents our:

JAM-ON 4TH OF JULY JAM-BOREE!!!

This week will be a 6 hour, 3 podcast funk bash!!! The joint will be PACKED with Jam-On members and fam! The booze, the beer, the bud, the BBQ and the booty shakin' will be in abundance!!! YOU DON'T WANNA MISS THIS ONE!!!

The first hour will feature DJ Dogtrane rockin' classic breaks in his inimitable fashion! Perhaps some classic mic rockin' from Al T, Dr. Freeze and Cozmo D (if they get zooted enough). Guaranteed to get the evening started off right!

The second hour will feature Cozmo D with a strictly floor bangin' set of Electro designed to rock your body right! The focus this week will be on the beats!

The third hour will feature a guest appearance by original Jam-On DJ Dr. Freeze as he keeps your body rockin' with a set of dark, deep and funky House!

The fourth hour features Cozmo again as he returns with a dope set of booty shakin' Breakbeat!

Finally, the fifth and sixth hours will feature all of the assembled Jam-On DJs in the house (those who can still stand) playing classic Brooklyn blockparty and houseparty beats, breaks and grooves! This may prove to be the best part of the night as it will be mix for mix and beat for beat! Cozmo D, DJ Dogtrane, Dr. Freeze, Al T, and DJ Kane will all be rockin' the set!

GONNA BE A HELLUVA PARTY Y'ALL!!! So, CHECK US OUT!!!
    And come and join us in the chatroom!

Here is the link to Global Funk Radio: http://www.globalfunkradio.com/

Here is the link to the broadcast stream: http://www.globalfunkradio.com/listen.m3u

Here is the link to the podcast: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/jam-onthegroove
    Alright
    Yeah...

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

Oh shit!
    Keep your headphones on.

JAM-ON JULY 4TH JAM-BOREE!!!

WHHOOOAAAA!!!! WHAT A SHOW!!!

Most of the Jam-On Productions members, family and friends were on hand for a 4th Of July BBQ and Bash at the homestead, and man did we jam! We set out to do a 6 hour, 3 podcast show and ended up nearly doing 7 hours, without a single boring minute! This HAS to go down as our best show to date!

PART 1:

DJ Dogtrane set off the show and the first hour with a set of classic breaks! He rocked most of the staples for an hour and sounded so good that the rest of us wouldn't let him quit. We then realized that he had not played "Just Begun" and we refused to let him off the set until he dug it up. He did just that and added "Give It Up Or Turn It Loose" for good measure. Dr. Freeze and Al T joined me on the mic. A great start to the evening!

I followed that with a set of hard hitting, butt shaking, floor rockin' Nu Electro. Had a couple of glitches, as I was already deep into my bottle of The Glenlivet (something that will become more and more apparent as the night goes on). Still, the likes of Signal Type, Volsoc, Dr. Schmidt, Dark Vector and The Middle Men kept the beat deep, dark, electronic and funky!

PART 2:

Hour 3 (1/2) featured original Jam-On DJ Dr. Freeze laying down a smooth and funky set of some groovin' House music! Choice cuts and classic jams interwoven seamlessly gave a sweet taste of what our Brooklyn House parties were like in the late '80s and early '90s.

I came behind that with a rockin' set of Breakbeat! I was quite inebriated by this time so I'm not quite sure how I managed, but I dug down deep somehow and managed not to make too much of a fool of myself. Don't know if I can quite say the same thing about Part 3...

PART 3:

The last 2 hours and change are definitely the highlight of the show! By this time just about everybody in the house was good and sloshed, except for Dogtrane who was not drinking. So, instead us all getting on the set as originally planned, we turned over all of the DJ duties to Dogtrane who of course did not disappoint! The rest of our drunken mob then manned the two mics and made memories! Unfortunately in some segments the mics were too low (as I was by this point much too intoxicated to properly monitor such things), but the fun is definitely well in evidence. Dogtrane's completely off the cuff set is non-stop dopeness with classic Disco, House, Funk, Breaks and even some Rock. I throw some drunken ancient rhymes in which I promptly screw up, but Al T and even my oldest son Moseefus and nephew Maccabee grace the mic with their presence and freestyles. By the end of the night the studio is packed with drunken revelers, many of whom take turns pronouncing their glee on the mic, while Dogtrane never misses a beat all night!

A CLASSIC show that will be hard to ever top!

Alright
    Yeah...

Jam-On The Groove - Saturday, July 18th 2009 Podcast

Sorry for the late posting this week, lots of things are happening...

BACK IN EFFECT!!!

After taking off a week for our annual Jam-On excursion to Coney Island Pier, Dogtrane and I returned with an episode to sort of mark where the show has gone so far.

Being that we are the show on Global Funk Radio that plays the most 4/4 dance music, Dogtrane decided to give us a 4 on the floor jaunt. First taking us through some choice classic Disco and then venturing into a nice mix of funky House music. He then finished up with an exclusive House mashed-up remix of Sheryl Crow's "All I Wanna Do Is Have Some Fun". Fun, funky set!

For my half I celebrated the arrival of the Street Sounds Nu Electro Chart to its new home at GFR, by compiling and playing a Top 11 list of our personal favorites of all the Nu Electro that we have played since our opening show this past April. I talked plenty of hooey of course. I've included a track listing in the order they were played, from 11th to 1st.

Signal Type - "In Abyss"
    Karl Finlow - "Magnolia"
    Sace 2 - "Stereophonic Sound"
    Das Omikron - "Anolog Computation"
    DJ Xed - "Sferik"
    Newcleus - "Programmed 4 L.O.V.E."
    Microthol - "Fragile"
    Dr. Schmidt - "The Engines Of God"
    Dark Vektor - "Wires"
    The Middle Men - "Unseen Beings"
    Biepang - "Neon Parallels"

With the Street Sounds chart now coming to GFR I have decided to make my portion of the show's dedication to Electro permanent. Not to say that I won't be playing other music from time to time, but I believe that the scene right now really needs my commitment!

ENJOY!

Alright
    Yeah...

Jam-On The Groove - Saturday, July 25th 2009 Podcast

DRUMS, BASS, ELECTRO!!!

Dogtrane was in NY this weekend, so he pre-recorded his set to be played for the show. This week he changed it up by playing a full hour of Drum & Bass (with just a dash of Hardcore) and mashing it up with all sorts of inappropriate flotsam and jetsam. Was that ABBA I heard? LOL! Per usual he had the chatroom buzzing and whirring over his mixes and mashes and inimitable stylings. Another must check!

With Leeroy on leave from The Project this week it was my absolute pleasure to host and do the rundown of this week's Street Sounds Nu Electro Chart. I mixed in choice selections from the chart with other tasty Electro morsels including a new absolute banger from Dr. Schmidt and a rough mix demo from Newcleus. Here's the track list:

Dr. Schmidt - "They're Here"
    Blastromen - "Metal Machine Victims"
    UKV - "Random Number Generator" -- (#6 on SS chart)
    Zero One / Paul Hardcastle - "Over N Over" -- (#13 on SS chart)
    Gammachild - "The TRIAC"
    Newcleus - "Returned To Earth" -- (rough mix demo)
    Otto Von Schirach - "Bass Low" -- (#11 on SS chart)
    Bass Kittens - "Air Quotes" -- (#20 on SS chart)
    Das Omikron - "Analog Computation" -- (chart rundown background)
    Dynamik Bass System - "She's Gotta Have It" -- (#1 on SS chart)

Next week should prove interesting as a new and improved Street Sounds Nu Electro Chart returns to Leeroy's show The Project on Global Funk Radio. You can be sure that Dogtrane and I will have plenty more tasty morsels to serve up to you all as well!

ENJOY!

Alright
    Yeah...

Saturday, August 1st, 5pm EST (10pm GMT)

Dogtrane is back and live in the flesh again this week! I'm sure that he brought back a nice grab bag of goodies to mix, slice and mash up to your heart's delight!

I will be on hand as well to give you what's fresh, chill, dope and ill in Electro! Gonna hit you off with a sneak preview or two, and a very special exclusive that is so hot that I won't reveal it until the show!

Tune into the funkiness, and if you can come and join us in the Global Funk Radio chatroom!

Here is the link to Global Funk Radio: http://www.globalfunkradio.com/

Here is the link to the broadcast stream: http://www.globalfunkradio.com/listen.m3u

Alright
    Yeah...

THE IMPOSTOR OF THE DAWN Doo-DooHead's Avatar

What is Programmed for Love, and why don't I Have a copy yet?
    And you better not be in brooklyn, I Revoked your NYC Pass last year YOU SPACE FREAK! LOL
    I STOLE THE PM DAWN NAME FROM PRINCE BE'S WIFE AND KIDS,
    WHILE PRINCE BE WAS FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE IN THE HOSPITAL ON LIFE SUPPORT!!!!!!
    I'M DOO-DOO HEAD!!!!!!!!!

You can download a copy in my forum, along with all of the other new Newcleus stuff.
    Alright
    Yeah...

I am blown the hek away, by the mixing and shit that's going on tonight.

When are you going to be 50? This year?

Well, at least I beat you to grandparenthood.

He's gonna be 50 next Sunday, the 9th.

They're just celebrating it a day early so everyone can join in.

Sounds about right to me!
    "...Because all you of Earth are idiots!" - Eros, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

Quote Originally Posted by wendyful04 View Post
    When are you going to be 50? This year?

Well, at least I beat you to grandparenthood.
    Next week! And yeah, I hope that you've beaten me by PLENTY!!!
    Alright
    Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkman View Post
    He's gonna be 50 next Sunday, the 9th.

They're just celebrating it a day early so everyone can join in.

Sounds about right to me!
    Hope you can make it Scott! Good lookin' out with the promotional help!
    Alright
    Yeah...

Jam-On The Groove - Saturday, August 1st 2009 Podcast

THE DOG DAYS RETURN!!!

Dogtrane was back in the house this week and did not disappoint with the beats and grooves! This week's chief flavor of mash was classic Hip-Hop, with a dash of R&B, New Jack Swing and Old School Electro. Of course, he served up more than enough other funky ingredients to keep the speakers pumpin' and the chatroom buzzin'! Another unique show from the most unique DJ on the net!

The mission for my portion of the show was to bring y'all the hottest Electro comin' down the pike! I dropped new, unreleased or soon to be released tracks from the likes of Dark Vektor, Rob Real, Dr. Schmidt, DJR21 and Gammachild, then pulled a classic gaff by playing the wrong version of our much ballyhooed exclusive, DJ Xed's soon to be released new remix of Newcleus' "Jam On It". Unfortunately, I played the version minus DJ Dogtrane's scratches. Talk about a screw-up! I will make sure that the correct version will be the first track that I play next week.

Anyway, here's the track list:

The Boys From Tronn - "Destiny"
    Gammachild - "Necronomicon"
    Dr. Schmidt - "Flesh"
    Silicon Scally - "Process"
    Rob Real - "Time Traveller"
    Dark Vektor - "Mind Abduction"
    DJR21 - "Synthetix"
    Breakniks - "Jam On It (Psychosis Remix Instrumental)"
    Newcleus - "Jam On It (DJ Xed Remix)" [unfinished version]

Speaking of next week, it promises to be yet another one of those classic Jam-On The Grooves! Sunday will mark my 50th birthday, so we will be having another big Jam-On shindig here to celebrate! It will be a 4 hour, 2 podcast extravaganza that you don't want to miss! Hope to see you all then!

In the meantime... ENJOY!

Alright
    Yeah...

COZMO'S 50TH BIRTHDAY BASH!!!

ANOTHER SUMMER BLAST!!!

Once again Jam-On Productions members, family and friends made the trip out to PA and did it up Brooklyn style! It was a very special occasion, celebrating not only my 50th birthday but also the 25th anniversary of the release of "Jam On It" and the "Jam On Revenge" album, and the 30th anniversary of when Lady E and I first met! We made it a 4 hour, 2 podcast event and it rocked all the way through!

PART 1:

For this week's show we decided to switch things up a bit. I took the first part of the show and turned it into a 2 hour Electro showcase. Being that there was so much for Jam-On and I to celebrate I dropped an extra heavy dose of Newcleus!

I started off as promised with the proper final mix of Crobot DJ Xed's scintillating remix of "Jam On It", this time complete with DJ Dogtrane's scratches. I followed that with a set that included choice Electro bangers from the likes of Microthol, Justin Scott, Dynamik Bass System and UKV, sandwiched around Newcleus' "Teknology 2" and another exclusive remix of "Jam On It", this one by Zak B! I then finished it all off with DJ Xed's funky dope megamix of Newcleus trax, created especially for my birthday and delivered to me right before the show! Thank you Xed for makin' my birthday (and our show) Xedtra funky!!!

Here's the track list:

Newcleus - "Jam On It (DJ Xed Remix)"
    UKV - "Random"
    Dynamik Bass System - "We Are Binary"
    Justin Scott - "Undying (Supreme.Ja Remix"
    Newcleus - "Teknology 2 (2nd Ruff)"
    Microthol - "Deceptive Behavior"
    Biepang - "Neon Parallels"
    Newcleus - "Jam On It (Zak B Remix)"
    Downrocks Feat. Jazzyrizzla - "Electro Zetas"
    Rob Real & Lucid - "Contamination (Rob Real Remix)"
    Dark Vektor - "Wires"
    Volsoc - "Shoutout"
    Newcleus - DJ Xed Megamix
    • "Intro"
    • "Na Na Beat"
    • "Destintion Earth (1999)"
    • "Why"
    • "Make It Live"
    • "No More Running"
    • "Automan"
    • "Jam On Revenge"
    • "I'm Not A Robot"
    • "Jam On It"
    • "Cyborg Dance"
    • "Space Is The Place"
    • "Let's Jam"
    • "Teknology"
    • "Computer Age (Push The Button)"
    • "Programs"
    • "Programmed 4 L.O.V.E."

PART 2:

Dogtrane then took over the reigns for hours 3 and 4, laying down his best blend of classic Brooklyn breaks, beats and grooves! Of course by this time the booze had been flowing a plenty and the party was in full gear!

Every B-Boy out there worth his salt is gonna be filled with the urge to commence to uprocking, as the Dog runs the gauntlet of break beat classics from "Give It Up, Turn It Loose" to "Just Begun" to "Corazon". No rhymin' on the MIC this time, but plenty of bawdiness and revelry. He finished up with a nice dose of classic Disco to underline this show as another one for the archives!

ENJOY!

Alright
    Yeah...

Jam-On The Groove - Saturday, August 15th 2009

DOGGONE FUNKY!!!

Dogtrane was on yet another excursion to NYC to do some crate diggin' and to pick up some new cartridges, and once again left the old man up to his own devices. Fortunately he left us a nice set of funky blended classic Disco, a perfect Summertime mix! The tracks were hot, laid back and drippin' with Funk!

For my portion of the show I tried to change things up a bit by playing mostly Nu Electro tracks that have not been featured on the show before. I started out with stand-outs from The Middle Men, Kronos Device and Blastromen, switched things up a bit with a dab of Detroit Electro, then came right back with some melodious machinations from DJR21 and funky synth work from Matt Whitehead. Of course I couldn't resist the temptation to pound once again a couple of my current favorites, Dr. Schmidt's "They're Here" and DJ Xed's remix of "Jam On It. Fun set!

Here's the track list:

The Middle Men - "Defeat The Object"
    Kronos Device - "Atom Smasher"
    Blastromen - "Human 2.0"
    Fix - "Shaftism"
    Mr. De - "Whonleeone"
    DJR21 - "DataStream"
    Matt Whitehead - "Conveyor"
    Newcleus - "Jam On It (DJ Xed Remix)"
    Leki - "Breakin' Out"
    UKV - "RND"

ENJOY!

Alright
    Yeah...

Jam-On The Groove - Saturday, August 22nd 2009

HOT SUMMER FUNK!!!

Dogtrane was back live in the studio after his latest crate diggin' forage and did not disappoint. This time he hit us off with a hot, funky set of some Baltimore House, all sweaty and sexy and all sliced and mashed up just like we like 'em! A nice, invigorating vibe change to keep the show rockin' through the hot Summer season!

For my half I went for a more eclectic edge, so as to set the show off from the more general flow of Nu Electro that has been regularly featured on many of the other Electro shows lately. I dropped a brand new, fresh out the studio banger from the guys who made "Take Me To Your Leader", Egyptian Lover's remix of Stone's Throw artist James Pants, some obscure Electronic Space Funk from Luke Vibert, and a double dose of Imatran Voima (with a little help from Bass Junkie).

Here's my track list:

Wreck And Code 305 - "Take Me To Your Leader"
    Mindless Machine - "Live To Kill"
    J Double - "Dangerous (Supreme Ja Remix)"
    James Pants - "Cosmic Rap (Egyptian Lover Remix"
    Leki - "Breakin' Out"
    Luke Vibert - "Space Race"
    Gosub - "Tra-Fuse 1"
    Imatran Voima - "Techno Slut"
    Imatran Voima Vs Bass Junkie - "Quad City (Bass Junkie Mixxx)"
    Silicon Scally - "Process"

ENJOY!

Alright
    Yeah...

+ Reply to Thread