+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Ukraine!

Hi from Ukraine!

Hi everyone! Eventually I got a permission to make posts on this board. I am also a very big fan of pmdawn which was and remain to be the idols of my early years. Your CD is always in my car.
    It is a pleasure for me to meet new people here and, of course, the founders of pmdawn. I hope to see you here in future.
    Sorry for my English as it is not my native language, but i believe i can improve it (as i don't understand much what is and was happening here on the site).
    Hope for good welcome.

Welcome Rostiq, we're glad to have you here!
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostiq View Post
    (as i don't understand much what is and was happening here on the site).
    It's ok, neither do we...

there we go, just right. keep walking...

Welcome Rostiq, great to have you aboard
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks for your welcome. it's bad that due to time difference i am not able to communicate with all of you at the same time. Also I have not found anyone at chat, I understand that it is night time in US and Uk..
    Anyway, i am pleased that my voice has been heard, I also appreciate your sense of humor))) See you on the other threads!

we have some people from australia and the UK as well as other time zones.. always tricky though!
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Welcome. =)
    So patience... is nothing...

welcome welcome! we're all crazy here, but you'll figure that out soon enough!

Hi. Welcome.
    Friday nights at 10pm, U.S. time, there are usually people in the chatroom.

Welcome to the site, sir. Always nice to meet another PM Dawn fan.
    I love the summer months!

THE IMPOSTOR OF THE DAWN Doo-DooHead's Avatar

Hello dude!!!!
    I STOLE THE PM DAWN NAME FROM PRINCE BE'S WIFE AND KIDS,
    WHILE PRINCE BE WAS FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE IN THE HOSPITAL ON LIFE SUPPORT!!!!!!
    I'M DOO-DOO HEAD!!!!!!!!!

A big WELCOME to you, Rostiq!
    There hasn't been a lot of activity here on the forum lately, but it rises and falls, so visit regularly so you can be here when things start getting lively again!
    I heard that Kiev is a pretty interesting place... you'll have to tell us about it. The oldheads can tell you if there's a "tell me about your city" thread where you can post that stuff.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

Fly on the wall since2003

Welcome! Don't worry about not understanding much here - I don't understand half the shit that goes on here!
    Never burn your bridges while you're standing on them...

Thanks for your welcome once again. I see that forum is rising and falling regularly if there is some news or lack of it. I have checked web for getting some fresh news about PMDawn and see that this site is the only place where I can get some information from PM Dawn itself and its fans.

Unfortunately, i have not found any thread with the name "tell about your city", but as for your note about telling you about my city - yes, Kiev is quite nice city, especially in spring where everythig is in blossoms. it is pretty green city with some ancient history (more than 1500 years old). so you may come and see it by your own. Americans (as well as EU citizens) don't need visa for entry, so it can be easy to do. accomodation is not very cheap though, and the quality of the local hotels is not very good. of course, we have our unique cuisine which every visitor must try, it is very tasty. the cultural events are also happening here, but it depends what you would like to see. Now we have a so-called fashion for 90-s in music, so it is very often that the stars from the past decade (nearly forgotten) are arising in less crowded places (like Kiev or other countries from former Soviet Union), while top stars of today are rather rare guests here. Although PM Dawn was not widely popular in Ukraine (sometimes i think that i am the only guy in Ukraine who liked and likes it) even in 90-s, when you guys decide to see this part of the world, i guess you will have a great welcome (even if it will not be a great stadium concert but some small party in comfortable night club, i think it is even better).
    what else i can tell - you must come and see it, if you need a guide here, consider you have already found him, and completely for free.

What kinds of food?

a lot of it. it is quite problematic to describe. i'll give you just some hints i took from wikipedia (that saves a lot of time for me to type the same in correct english):

"Ukrainian cuisine has a rich history and offers a wide variety of dishes. The cuisine of modern Ukraine is based on traditional Ukrainian recipes, Ukrainian recipes also bears influences from its neighbors' cuisines like Russian, German, Turkish and Polish, Lithuanian, and what can be called the Soviet cuisine (dishes of mixed origins popular in the USSR). Meat (especially pork), potatoes, vegetables, fruit, mushrooms, berries, and herbs play a major part. Ukrainian food is intended to be filling, and should be served in large quantities.
    Popular dishes
    Borshch — vegetable soup (most common form made with beets), popular among eastern Slavic nations. There are more than thirty regional recipes for cooking Borshch, often with meat).
    Breads
    Breads and wheat products are very important to Ukrainian cuisine. Decorations on the top can be very elaborate for celebrations.
    Varenyky — boiled dumplings, usually filled with potatoes, cabbage, cheese, or seasonal fruits, topped with butter and sugar or shkvarky (fried bits of pork fat, salo, and onions), accompanied with sour cream.
    Syrnyky — cottage cheese fritters, sometimes with raisins.
    Potato (kartoplia, also barabolia or bulba) — young or peeled, served with butter, sour cream, dill; a more exclusive variety includes raw egg.
    Sausage (kovbasa or sosysky) — various kinds of smoked or boiled pork, beef or chicken sausage.
    Salo — salted (or occasionally raw) unrendered pork lard, which is similar to bacon, but with significantly higher ratio of fat to meat. Other European analogs of salo are the German speck and Italian lardo.
    Deruny or pliatsky — potato pancakes, usually served with rich servings of sour cream; another variation of a dish – deruny stuffed with cottage cheese.
    Kanapky — either black or white bread (fresh or slightly grilled)-based canapés, topped with mayo or butter, caviar, smoked herring, cucumber/tomato slices garnished with dill or parsley.
    Alcoholic
    Strong spirits (horilka, vodka in Russian) — Samohon (moonshine) is also popular, including with infusions of fruit, spices or hot peppers.
    Beer (pyvo) — the largest producers of beer are Obolon, Lvivske, Chernihivske, Slavutych, Sarmat and Rogan, which partly export their products.
    Wine (vyno) — from Europe and Ukraine (particularly from Crimea). "
    And many many more)))

Intelligent Posts :11

WEll...Welcome, and if you ever need a guide and a hooker all wrapped up in one, Wendyful will do just fine.

The fancy breads sound pretty darn good.
    Kanapky, I'd really like to try.
    The vodka "with infusions of fruit, spices or hot peppers" sounds amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    WEll...Welcome, and if you ever need a guide and a hooker all wrapped up in one, Wendyful will do just fine.
    Thanks to your mom's training.
    Yes, welcome.

i did not catch the idea that Chief mentioned. was it a joke?

As for our national cuisine, if you want to have really tasty and filling food, you must try it. by the way it is not necessary to go to Ukraine. there are some products (especially what comes about vodka with some spices or hot peppers inside) sold in NYC on Brightbeach St. russian-owned shops in Brooklyn. at least i have seen those last November.

+ Reply to Thread