+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tell me if I'm telling this story wrong

On the corner of Grey Street and at the end of the world

Tell me if I'm telling this story wrong

What up, yo man Lyricone - The L'il brotha droppin' knowledge here.

Stan is out somewhere stressing over this writing test that he got in the mail. I told him to talk to me and chappy if he was having problems, but you know how folks are, always want to do it the hard way. So stepped in to get some shit off my chest if y'all don't mind. And if Stan does mind, he knows how to holla at a brotha.

At any rate, Here's the deal. My old lady's friend girl just had a birthday a few weeks back, and she's one of those ungreatful women who believe that if you're in her life, you must give her a present if you know what's good for you. I started not to give her ass shit, But Madame Maiden told me not to feel like that. So my sympathy side kicked in and I decided to go through with it, but just nothing more than a happy.

You see, Sister (that is her name) is really hard to shop for, and after astrominutes of searching for the perfect gift, I remembered that I saw some fondue sets where my boy stan worked at. I knew how much she loved chocolate and I thought that was she was getting and that's all I got to say on that.

Of course, It was markdown, and my girl told me how much sister hate cheap gifts. (I did mention she was ungreatful), so I took the sale sticker off.

When her birthday came she had one of her big ass parties. You know the kind, folks drinking, loud music, and all that. The neighbors even shot fireworks for her. She loved the gift and I though we were cool. She gave me a big hug and everything.

Just last week, my shorty tells me sister is mad about the gift I bought. She discovered that her co-worker had the same fondue and got it at the same spot, and at the same price I bought it for. (how many times do I have to say ungreatful). And everyone is on my ass over the fact that I, and not her, should take it back. I suggested that she should take it back her damn self, but no! Nobody wants to hear that shit. So I said to myself "I'm gonna fix her ass." So I went to her house and picked up the fondue and because I lost the reciept, they gave me a gift card, which wasn't a problem. When I got home, shorty was there with Sister and her clique and guess what, she still demanded I still owe her a present. So I said, "Here" and gave her the gift card for $5.00. "Happy birthday, merry christmas, happy valentines and everything else in the giving season, Bye"

Now tell me was I wrong.
    If it's my world too, then whose gold is this I'm digging out

what a bitch! holy crap she sounds horrible.

you were totally in the right.

One that equates a gift to its monetary value is one that doesn't value friendship for friendship's sake.

Don't waste your time.
    "...Because all you of Earth are idiots!" - Eros, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

Totally uncool. It's the thought that counts. Sounds like she's not a friend and not worth your time. I wouldn't bother getting ehr anything ever again. Personally, i wouldn't bother being friends with her, either.
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

On the corner of Grey Street and at the end of the world

Cone, couldn't be here at the moment, so on his behalf, I, Doctor Sectour shall take this moment to express my deepest graditute for your concern of his friendship of Sister (or lack thereof) and his support of him doing the right thing. As a matter of fact I, myself, happened to have a run in with Sister, and to make a long story short, It was not pretty.
    Someday, Lyricone's boo, as he calls her, will understand that Sister is not her friend either.
    Now, if you'll excuse me, I must see that Boomski stays in his cage. I understand that Stanley is trying to keep him away from your friend Wendyful.
    If it's my world too, then whose gold is this I'm digging out

You need a whole new set of friends.
    Fondue bastards.

Fly on the wall since2003

fucked up...
    Never burn your bridges while you're standing on them...

I bet if she had found out it cost $100 she would have thought the sun shone out of your arse and either way it has no effect on the gifts usefulness or the thought that went into choosing it. You should never look a gift horse in the mouth, unfortunately some people end up surrounded by so called friends that enable and encourage that sort of attitude.

It's like lottery tickets, I'm not trying to sound stingy but since I've been buying them every single friend and family member seems to assume I would buy them a house and car etc if I ever won and I just find that really shallow, I mean shit If someone in my family won I would probably expect a little something but I wouldn't automatically expect them to buy me a fucking house. If I won a mill and got everyone who expects a house a house I would end up with -500,000!

Some people just don't have a clue how big an asshole they are because the people willing to tell them are a minority.
    IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM, AVOID THEM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

a whole new set of friends

+ Reply to Thread