Thread: 50 things you may not know about Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by A.Dulteror View Post
    That ass belongs to my missus! She's a good sport

Congratulations!
    "...Because all you of Earth are idiots!" - Eros, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkman View Post

Congratulations!
    Dude! Stop checking out his wife's ass!
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljak View Post
    Dude! Stop checking out his wife's ass!
    I appreciate a good ass...but that's not what I'm sighing about.

nm...I've said too much.

• He can speak Spanish
    I wonder if he'll put that to good use during his administration?

• He promised Michelle he would quit smoking before running for president – he didn't
    How do you think his wife views his failure to quit?

Besides the fact that he's been chosen as the new leader of the free world...

• He hates the youth trend for trousers which sag beneath the backside
    Right on...

I always thought to myself, when in the local mall, that these fools would be the last (if even that) to stumble out of the wreckage if we had a significant sized earthquake. They certainly don't seem like they'd be able to run fast when they've got their pants around their ankles. Darwin at work, I guess.

• His speciality as a cook is chilli
    I'd like to taste that chilli, tho.
    Last edited by Bonkman; 11-17-2008 at 01:53 AM.

So, instead of bagging on the men who patronize these types of establishments, why don't we talk about the women who work there and actively participate in their own "self-exploitation"?
    It's classic victim mentality. Your putting a hell of a lot of responsibility on people who are potentially very psychologically damaged. Now, I'm not saying they have ZERO responsibility... but damn.

(I assume we are talking about these establishments within the U.S., as we know that women and girls are exploited overseas for this type of thing and more.)
    It happens here too. Have you seen "Sex Slaves in America"?

Are they really being exploited?
    Nobody told them they had to work there, did they?
    You are so unsympathetic. I think it's just easier for horny men to put it out of their heads with this kind of logic. The truth is, if they were gentlemen with compassion, they may realize that they have more power psychologically in this situation and do not have to participate in the degradation of crushed souls.

Yeah, not all of them are crushed... but 99% of them have a sad-ass story they could tell you, which I guarantee you has something to do with how they ended up where they did.
    Are you positive you understand exactly how a majority of women end up working there?
    What leads you to these conclusions?
    Understanding humanity, witnessing life, not having my head completely up my ass... maybe even being a woman, but don't quote me on that one. It's just human nature and observation. It's psychology. And it's all perfectly understandable for those of us willing to admit to it... if it's convenient enough for us to look in the face at the moment.
    So patience... is nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by wendyful04 View Post
    When a men enters a strip club (with money), he becomes a king amongst kings. (Isn't that what most men secretly want more than anything?)
    Strippers don't fit one stereotype. Some are on their way up in life, some are on their way down, and some fool themselves into believing that they have found a happy middle ground.
    Some of them are crackheads, some of them are just stupid girls who don't value themselves in any other capacity, some of them are trying to work through school, some of them are lost and didn't know what else to do, and 90% of them were molested or neglected by daddy and are acting out by taking their clothes off for men who throw money at them and drool.

Happy, well-adjusted people don't aspire to be strippers. Some people love their bodies and love to show them off, but I've never met or heard of a person who ended up in stripping because it was their dream. For most, they start off hoping it's just temporary and it turns into a lifestyle-- like hooking.

Congratulations!
    Yes, and congrats from me.

[QUOTE=Bonkman;72120]
    How do you think his wife views his failure to quit?

Besides the fact that he's been chosen as the new leader of the free world...
    Yeah, that's kinda disappointing to me.

Right on...

I always thought to myself, when in the local mall, that these fools would be the last (if even that) to stumble out of the wreckage if we had a significant sized earthquake. They certainly don't seem like they'd be able to run fast when they've got their pants around their ankles. Darwin at work, I guess.
    I always liked the saggy pants thing... as long as your whole ass isn't hanging out. With like, your shirt tucked into your boxers. I always thought that was taking it a bit far, and it's really silly looking when you can't even walk.

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethX View Post
    (I assume we are talking about these establishments within the U.S., as we know that women and girls are exploited overseas for this type of thing and more.)
    It happens here too. Have you seen "Sex Slaves in America"?
    Don't tell me that you're now alleging that the women in American strip clubs are there under lock and key. I live in Tampa Bay, which has more nudie bars per capita than any other city in the USA. In this town, there are so many strippers that even people who have never set foot in nudie bars are somewhat likely to know someone who is (or was) a poledancer. I can tell you with certainty that there is nothing resembling involuntary labor going on in those places; they don't need slaves. There is already a steady supply of voluntary employees, who fatten the bars by paying a cut of their take, just like barbers pay for the use of a chair at a barber shop. They're not kept there by force or terror; they're kept there by the lure of easy money. Where else can a high school dropout easily make 50 or 60 grand a year... legally? On top of that, not all of them are even there because of limited options. I once had a friend with an art degree, who decided to quit her job at a bank to become a stripper.

The strip clubs here are under constant monitoring by the vice squads who are waiting for the slightest infraction so they can raid the place, so there's no way that they could get away with something as extreme as chattel slavery.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not trying to speak in defense of strip clubs-- I love nekkid wimmens, but I don't want to go to a strip club to see one. However, I am a friend of careful evaluation of things by examining the facts.
    How is that possible?

Don't tell me that you're now alleging that the women in American strip clubs are there under lock and key.
    No-- I'm only responding to something he said about women OVERSEAS being exploited and more.

But then again, I'm not closed to the possibilities, either.

I live in Tampa Bay, which has more nudie bars per capita than any other city in the USA.
    Lucky you.

In this town, there are so many strippers that even people who have never set foot in nudie bars are somewhat likely to know someone who is (or was) a poledancer. I can tell you with certainty that there is nothing resembling involuntary labor going on in those places; they don't need slaves.
    Great... !

There is already a steady supply of voluntary employees,
    Si

who decided to quit her job at a bank to become a stripper.
    Stripping pays better.

The strip clubs here are under constant monitoring by the vice squads who are waiting for the slightest infraction so they can raid the place, so there's no way that they could get away with something as extreme as chattel slavery.
    Okay, but never underestimate the corruption of widespread underground sex rings. It's a very profitable business.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not trying to speak in defense of strip clubs-- I love nekkid wimmens, but I don't want to go to a strip club to see one. However, I am a friend of careful evaluation of things by examining the facts.
    Okey doke.

I have been "studying" (and, woohoo, doing) pole dancing/exotic dance for several months now. It's an art form and it requires much discipline, strength, and skill. For some, stripping is a legitimate art form or at least a bustin' ass way to make money. Real money.
    Repeat: strippers, like much other workers, cannot be snuggled into one easy stereotype. Never group an entire work force of people. The variety of lifestyles is endless....
    For the men, sometimes it's just 'ass'; but, also, it may be a way to have fun. Or, it's a need-fulfilling extravaganza where he may be getting the Worship he so greatly desires.
    But, back to Barack: hopefully, he's ready to create an atmosphere of acceptance for ALL of us.

I have been "studying" (and, woohoo, doing) pole dancing/exotic dance for several months now.
    Does she teach Luke dancing?
    It's an art form and it requires much discipline, strength, and skill.
    Correction: at a certain level, it CAN require much discipline, strength and skill. However, I think it would be safe to say that the profession's requirement is the willingness to nude up in public, not a gift for dancing.

For some, stripping is a legitimate art form or at least a bustin' ass way to make money. Real money.
    "Art" is the most subjective term known to man. I went to an art show when I was in college, and one of the pieces was a red wastebasket filled with wadded tissues, that seemed to have "something" inside them. The piece was called "The 1,000 Times I Have Masturbated". He called that art; I called it bullcrap.

Repeat: strippers, like much other workers, cannot be snuggled into one easy stereotype. Never group an entire work force of people. The variety of lifestyles is endless....
    For the men, sometimes it's just 'ass'; but, also, it may be a way to have fun.
    Uhh... yeah. That's just cuz it's fun looking at an ass. Just take a look at Bonkman; he's having lots of fun looking at Ian's wife's ass.

Or, it's a need-fulfilling extravaganza where he may be getting the Worship he so greatly desires.
    It's nothing but an illusion.
    If he wants to be worshipped for real, then maybe he should treat the real women in his real life a little better.
    How is that possible?

I have been "studying" (and, woohoo, doing) pole dancing/exotic dance for several months now. It's an art form and it requires much discipline, strength, and skill. For some, stripping is a legitimate art form or at least a bustin' ass way to make money. Real money.
    For the men, sometimes it's just 'ass'; but, also, it may be a way to have fun. Or, it's a need-fulfilling extravaganza where he may be getting the Worship he so greatly desires.
    But, back to Barack: hopefully, he's ready to create an atmosphere of acceptance for ALL of us.
    Pole dancing and the like are definitely skills... but that doesn't mean that all strippers are artists.

I'll give you, Wendy, that I was generalizing... but not all generalizations are inaccurate. I believe that most strippers find the root of their profession in dysfunction. Do you feel this is incorrect, and that most strippers are in fact healthy and happy people? I know you're trying NOT to generalize, but to be fair... we're almost going in favor of that, anyway, by comparing strippers to artists.

Yes, I agree about Barack.

Fly on the wall since2003

Thanks for the congrats... I have passed on the positive feedback and this information pleases her.

I'm a lucky lad!

YAY FOR ASS!
    Last edited by Twisted.Mellow; 11-18-2008 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Forgot to say "YAY FOR ASS"
    Never burn your bridges while you're standing on them...

...Just take a look at Bonkman; he's having lots of fun looking at Ian's wife's ass....
    Mind you, I like a good looking ass, but you misinterpreted my sigh. Understandably, easy to do with only the "written word".

Bonky, tell us what's up.

that could very possibly be a poorly worded question there Liz given the context of half the rest of the conversation...

just sayin'

there we go, just right. keep walking...

psh.

+ Reply to Thread