+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let us welcome President Obama

It's a good rant, Liz and totally justifieds, IMO.
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

Quote Originally Posted by wendyful04 View Post
    as is true with every human being on earth
    I think it's certainly true of all the major party candidates who were electable, yes.
    If you had one leg being pulled by reality, and one leg being pulled by spirituality, where would that leave you, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethX View Post
    No, I'm SAYING that what's "good for the goose is good for the gander". In other words, I am getting annoyed at the hypocrisy of those who told me what a radical nonpatriot I was when I didn't like Bush, but now that the guy THEY didn't vote for is in office they're fine with calling him a n_____? Where's their American pride now... their respect? I guess those people aren't radical nonpatriots, hmm?

Anyway, I expect great things from him and would not let my love for him blind me from his actions. If PM Dawn folks know anything about me and expectations and love and judgment... they know that. I'm probably much harder on the people I love in that sense.
    I certainly agree with you about racial slights. As long as we recognize that the free expression of dissent should be tolerated and is healthy for an open society, then word up, I agree completely.
    If you had one leg being pulled by reality, and one leg being pulled by spirituality, where would that leave you, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Detroit Butcher View Post
    :che ers:

Hart, I'm sorry. Your "published" editorial has me prejudiced against any of your opinions on this subject. I'm with Elizabeth, and Barack, all the fucking way.
    Fair enough. I'm trying to shut up about it for a while, I really am.

What's with the quotation marks? I mean, what's with "the" quotation marks?

thanks Mistress. Yeah Hart, I'm not denying anyone's right to criticize ANY leader... I was just having a real hard time understanding the reasons people have for allowing themselves a behavior they denied ME, and under shittier grounds.

Yeah, Detroit... I'm "published" too. :P
    So patience... is nothing...

i was published in a highschool art book....(i guess im amateur :P)

yay,,..someone i finally vote for wins an election
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hart View Post
    Fair enough. I'm trying to shut up about it for a while, I really am.

What's with the quotation marks? I mean, what's with "the" quotation marks?
    Not enough Coffee. My bad. I stand by the rest of my reply tho. But anyway Hart. Everybody!! E V E R Y B O D Y.
    Keep your headphones on.

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

No, I'm SAYING that what's "good for the goose is good for the gander". In other words, I am getting annoyed at the hypocrisy of those who told me what a radical nonpatriot I was when I didn't like Bush, but now that the guy THEY didn't vote for is in office they're fine with calling him a n_____? Where's their American pride now... their respect? I guess those people aren't radical nonpatriots, hmm?

Anyway, I expect great things from him and would not let my love for him blind me from his actions. If PM Dawn folks know anything about me and expectations and love and judgment... they know that. I'm probably much harder on the people I love in that sense.
    That's how I took it. And yes, Just because we are behind him, doesn't mean he's got license to fuck up now.
    Keep your headphones on.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Detroit Butcher View Post
    That's how I took it. And yes, Just because we are behind him, doesn't mean he's got license to fuck up now.
    Cool cool. That and the value of tolerating dissent were my only concerns that time.

I am impressed that Obama refused public funds for his campaign, I am impressed that he opposed his handlers on the campaign trail and did what he thought was right, I am impressed that he is planning to pull back money from overseas to revitalize our own economy, and I am impressed that he refused to return McCain's vicious personal attacks in like kind. Underprivileged children will aspire to be like him and will reject socially engineered defeatist control mechanisms, and this will have an immensely positive effect on our country.

I voted Obama and have preached on and on about him....I guess I just hate Republicans way more than I hate black people.

I'll remember that come Christmas time, tree.

<----- republican

there we go, just right. keep walking...

Great points, Liz.
    I love the summer months!

thanks Mistress. Yeah Hart, I'm not denying anyone's right to criticize ANY leader... I was just having a real hard time understanding the reasons people have for allowing themselves a behavior they denied ME, and under shittier grounds.
    That's easy for me to understand. Many people believe that Constitutional rights are reserved only for themselves and for the people that they agree with.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

Yeah, I can understand that without really GETTING it... ya know?

And thank you, Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by TrEEtheRealest View Post
    I voted Obama and have preached on and on about him....I guess I just hate Republicans way more than I hate black people.
    The buzz among the Bohemian Grove gang is that the Republicans are going to run Alan Keyes in 2012.

The buzz among the Bohemian Grove gang is that the Republicans are going to run Alan Keyes in 2012.

i have heard this also.

This is an example of the cynical pandering that has gotten the Republican party in the situation that they're in now.
    If they do that, they might as well just give up the race from the very beginning. Alan Keyes is a smart man, but he lacks the charisma expected of a world leader, and in some of the quotes of his that I've read, he sounded frankly paranoid, and we just don't need some paranoid nutcase with his finger on the giant trigger.
    Also, even though he's black, he would have a hard time garnering the minority vote; he's against a lot of things that are important to minorities, like Affirmative Action. However, I'm hopeful that in eight years' time, there will be enough changes in the hearts and minds of Americans that Affirmative Action initiatives will be less important than they have been in the past.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

I agree with Wheel, running his stuck-up ass would be a mistake. I believe Black people love him almost as much as they "love" Clarence Thomas. If the Republican party is trying to do that just to go Black on Black, that is just completely ridiculous.
    I love the summer months!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljak View Post
    This is an example of the cynical pandering that has gotten the Republican party in the situation that they're in now.
    If they do that, they might as well just give up the race from the very beginning. Alan Keyes is a smart man, but he lacks the charisma expected of a world leader, and in some of the quotes of his that I've read, he sounded frankly paranoid, and we just don't need some paranoid nutcase with his finger on the giant trigger.
    Also, even though he's black, he would have a hard time garnering the minority vote; he's against a lot of things that are important to minorities, like Affirmative Action. However, I'm hopeful that in eight years' time, there will be enough changes in the hearts and minds of Americans that Affirmative Action initiatives will be less important than they have been in the past.
    He would be a disaster of a choice. Neither Democrats nor Republicans can win without appealing to the fence sitters, moderates, independents, and loosely aligned people. Keyes can only appeal to the hardcore full on conservatives, and they tend to vote Republican no matter what. It would be like running Richard Wright for the Democrats.

+ Reply to Thread