+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bad news for Doctor Who fans

On the corner of Grey Street and at the end of the world

bad news for Doctor Who fans

You might not have heard this or maybe you have
    but when I first heard it I thought it was a (fine, I'll cut to the chase)

I was on youtube a while ago, and saw an interview with David Tennant who announced that after the upcoming specials, that he was leaving Doctor Who. His reasons were he had planned on doing the show for 3 seasons which he had, (hard to believe, huh?) and that Russell t. davies and the producer julie something was also leaving, and he felt a connection to them both. The idea of the specials came along which he was willing to do, and he concluded with saying that the time was right. He also stated that he will miss everyone that worked on the show and his advice to the new doctor was to just have fun with the role.

While you pause to let this news soak in, bear with me cuz this is going to take some time. I read the post from fans who said that David Tennant will always be their doctor and no one coming on will top him. Of course there are fans from my generation who felt the same about Tom Baker (the fourth and arguably the best Doctor). redundant? I know.

I remember watching the show as a kid. The Tom Baker years of course. What was old to England was new to us in these here U. S. of A states. I used to get out of doing my homework just to watch Doctor Who. Of course my brothers and sister criticized him because he couldn't fight, but that's not who the Doctor is (unless you count, Jon Pertwee who was an expert in Venusian Karate, mind you). He had the Tardis, a sonic screwdriver, his wits, and lovely assistants and that was all he needed. But he always won. I guess I see now why I was intrigued in the series. Not because it was a science fiction show, but because he was what I wanted to be when I grew up. He was always cool in tight situations, he was intelligent, and no matter what the world (or the galaxy in this case), or no matter the obstacles that came forth, you knew the Doctor would fix it, because...well....he's the Doctor. Did I mention he got to travel with lovely ladies?

JAMES BOND AIN'T GOT NOTHING ON HE!!!!!!

As far as who the new doctor will be, that remains to be seen. He won't be another David Tennant or another Tom Baker or any other previous incarnation, but whatever plans that Steven Moffat and the rest of the Doctor Crew have in stored, you best believe we're in for one hell of a ride.

best wishes, David. You've earned it.

BTW, I usually don't talk this much, but hey I'm the writer now.
    If it's my world too, then whose gold is this I'm digging out

hopefully another good actor will be chosen , tennant was great ... do you watch torchwood ?
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

I've only seen two episodes and because my shedule is rare these days, I seem to miss it and the Sarah Jane Adventures. Of course she was my favorite assistant, even if she was a screamer.

Oh, he had his choice of who he would like to replace him. I can't remember his name, but he's not that well known here in the states. Of course fans had there recommendations as well. But whoever he is (and it is a he) will definately have a following.

At this rate of Dr's leaving they are going to have to do sometime about the amount of times he can regenerate. 12 times I think.

They can take the story line of the master and have some gave to him to fight in the time war. Or ignore it altogether being there is no one around to control it.

Who knows but I LOVE ME SOME DR WHO!!!!!!!

Theme song still get you all giggly?
    America needs a Tennessee Volunteer

yeah - they'll do something about that - he'll absorb another time lord in some past story line of something eh
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

i heard the new doctor who is likely to be a black guy that was on the show earlier as another character. don't remember the actor's name though.

+ Reply to Thread