+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wii and Nintendo

Wii and Nintendo

So my husbands birthday is next week and for our joint birthday we got lucky and found a wii. (Apparently Canada is also not a "happening" place to always get the latest technology).

I thought i'd love it, we always love playing it at friends, not as much but still a fun addition the gaming system. I tried Super Mario galaxy, i'm sorry but being about to run around a planet and lack of direction from all the 3-D i just gave up.

We have various systems but my favorite actually is my Super Nintendo. I can't explain it but dude i love Super Mario, all 3, and Dr Mario (tetris on in pill form-kicks ass)

We are next getting a wii card so I can put the Super Mario's on there...

Sometimes as much as it evolves you can't help but love that old stuff. I say that knowing we just got his parents an old Atari to play. Lol, I remembered the fun, not the 1-D game and 5 minute delay, but hey... I still love it.
    Life isn't measured by breaths you take, but the moments in life that take your breath away....

P.S..If You are a fake..don't tell me..I don't wanna know..

We Always Are..Because We Never Were...

Save your breath..I'm can't say I'm sorry enough..for me

http://www.angelfire.com/va/dreamrib/pmdawn.html

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=1115324

thats why playing those old games on the ds is pretty kool! the snes was great though
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

I just got mine - had to ring about 30 places to find and place a preorder for a few days.. i have wii play, wii sports and my word coach , all fun! im liking it - got mario bros 3 from the online store..
    is the new paper mario a 2d platformer ?
    also "new super mario bros" was pretty cool
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Fly on the wall since2003

The new paper mario is apparently 2D that you can switch to 3D on-the-fly... sound kewl!
    Never burn your bridges while you're standing on them...

Lisa,

I know exactly what you mean. I still play (and LOVE) "Streets of Rage 2" on Sega Genesis. I always play as Blaze too. I love to watch her kick ass!

Louis
    I love the summer months!

to me the peak gaming period was nes-snes-ps1......

castlevania,contra,double dragon,ninja gaiden,final fight,street fighter 2, ,mortal kombat, and final fantasy (along with all of the sequels).......oh and all the wrestling games too...and mario 2 was my favorite...all hail king wart!
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

...syxx, you know mario 2 wasn't even really a mario game, right?
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

yeah - rebadged tasty sacrilege that one !
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian221 View Post
    You can see footage of the original game on YouTube somewhere. They didn't even change the background artwork or the levels - I think the music is even the same. The only thing they changed was the characters. It was a rebadged version of some other game (the name escapes me). For me, the peak (home) video game period was the Mario/Sonic wars. The golden era for Arcade machines was definitely Street Fighter II.

I used to love Tetris. I used to play it at work to keep me calm and pass the time. It was a great tool.
    So patience... is nothing...

"What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

Quote Originally Posted by A.Dulteror View Post
    You can see footage of the original game on YouTube somewhere. They didn't even change the background artwork or the levels - I think the music is even the same. The only thing they changed was the characters. It was a rebadged version of some other game (the name escapes me). For me, the peak (home) video game period was the Mario/Sonic wars. The golden era for Arcade machines was definitely Street Fighter II.
    The game was called Doki Doki Panic. The real SuperMario 2 was released on SNES as "The Lost Levels" on the Super Mario All-Stars cart.

The game was called Doki Doki Panic. The real SuperMario 2 was released on SNES as "The Lost Levels" on the Super Mario All-Stars cart.
    That's right! I remember now... I have all of them on Emulator... that's some fun shit!

i have Wii sports. right now, we rented Play, Super Mario Galaxy, and Bowling. You think bowling would be boring but its not, fun with a few people. right now everywhere here is out of Wii Play so we can get the additional remote with the game. i saw the word coach one but haven't tried it. I think i am going to get the points card to get Super mario 3.
    I've been wanting to get super paper mario but havent made it that far yet. I want to rent it to make sure i like it. I have been playing super mario galaxy for a day and have gotten pretty far but damn thing is difficult. having to use seperate remotes for moving around and your actions. I am thinking i might punk out and get the remote thats made like the old controlers.
    what do you guys think of super paper mario?
    lol, i also got this one that is games, it has Ski-ball, hoops like from the arcade, darts, ping cup, and a few others. Different to play to say the least. it lets you collect tickets, although no prize. ohh yeah, we also rented Playground. HILARIOUS. you can play paper airplanes, soccer-volleyball, slot car racing, and my favorite tetherball. so funny.

AHhh the LOST Levels. I actually have that one. I have the combination of all 3 games and the lost levels. i didn't realize how hard the lost levels can be sometimes. Actually I will admit it, the only one since i started replaying after years I can't beat...Super mario 2. I so did NOT remember it being so hard.

Streets of Rage...good one!! I found my street fighter and ready for it...dah dah dum... Mortal Kombat. I freakin loved that game. Now, erik has an xbox so i got it for that to, and not as fun the newer. I like the old ones.

ROFL, when i first started playing the lost levels i actually went on youtube to see how to beat the koopa levels that you have mazes for. Also the cheats so i can get free men and extra lives. i admit if it wasn't for the net either i wouldn't have gotten as far on super mario galaxy.

i agree, gaming rocked in the days beteen NES to PS1.
    Life isn't measured by breaths you take, but the moments in life that take your breath away....

P.S..If You are a fake..don't tell me..I don't wanna know..

We Always Are..Because We Never Were...

Save your breath..I'm can't say I'm sorry enough..for me

http://www.angelfire.com/va/dreamrib/pmdawn.html

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=1115324

I watched someone play the old Donkey Kong Country today.
    I really like that shittttttt.

Barney Freakin' Rubble

We got a Wii after Christmas - we like it a lot! At home, it's me, Amy, and the two girls (almost 4yo and 6 1/2 yo). The kids love Wii Sports - especially bowling and golf. Emily (my oldest) just learned how to do tennis in Wii Sports. We have two controllers and two nunchucks, so we can do 2 on two at most for now. That seems to be plenty.

For the kids we also got the carnival games - many are quite fun - plus you earn tickets/prizes. I picked up the Links cross bow training game with the crossbow attachment - it is fun - and hard!

A friend at work told me about the console games. You can see all of the console games online - bunches of them! I picked up a couple of the console controllers. I saw that the Wii cards sell at many places for over $20 for 2000 points (some as much as $24). TIP: you can use your Wii to go online and get 2000 points for $20 even with a credit card! I got 3000 points and got Galaga, Super Mario 3 and Donkey Kong Country. I taught Emily Galaga!

Fun, Fun, Fun!
    Peace

yeah its doki doki panic and the original guy is a turban in a mustache...

maybe thats why i like it the most....:P
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

whens mario kart for the wii out?
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

Street Fighter II was practically a religion among my friends back in '91. We probably spent more time and money at the student union playing that game than we did doing anything else.
    Then, in summer '92, the SNES version came out. I ended up buying several games for the SNES, but SFII was the reason that I bought it in the first place. That is still, in my opinion, the best arcade-to-home translation of a game, ever. A lot of love went into that cart. That year, my friends moved from the student union to my dorm room. Some guy down the hall had the Genesis version of SFII, and that's why he was a tool.
    We saved a lot of money that year, but we spent even more time playing video games than we had before. There's no wonder that I didn't get no play in college; I was so busy with my control pad, that I forgot all about my joystick.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljak View Post
    Street Fighter II was practically a religion among my friends back in '91.
    I take it you've seen this then....
    Street Fighter 4

+ Reply to Thread