+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the fondest memory of your life

On the corner of Grey Street and at the end of the world

What is the fondest memory of your life

I'll have to think long and hard about this one myself. I going to leave this open to give everyone else a chance to answer. I'll be back in a few days to check out what you wrote.

Have fun.
    If it's my world too, then whose gold is this I'm digging out

There are so many, it's hard to choose one.
    The first time my son giggled was amazing and overwhelming to me.

You said "long and hard".

Quote Originally Posted by wendyful04 View Post
    There are so many, it's hard to choose one.
    The first time my son giggled was amazing and overwhelming to me.

You said "long and hard".
    That's what she said!
    -TheXodus-

god i miss the office!

Undergrad graduation. I was just so overwhelmed and I just couldn't believe that my four years of college purgatory were over.
    I love the summer months!

Once, I had this grilled cheese sandwich, and the cheese was melted just right and the bread was toasted just exactly golden with no burned spots with butter evenly distributed over both sides. And when I sliced it in half and pulled it apart, the cheese was melted just in that way so that it had that stringy moment before breaking apart into two perfect halves.
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

That's a really hard question. I've had a good life thus far, and many happy moments, but I can't seem to single out one particular moment.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

Stanley C., what's yours?

Alright, now the fondest memory of my life is the minute before I followed xtristessax's link to that couch-humping video.
    For the rest of my days, I will long to relive that moment of blissful innocence; it's so unfortunate that you can see something, but you can never "un-see" it.
    How is that possible?

A few come to mind. I started writing too much and dramatically condensed it... The third is the real deal, though.

1. Age 12, my favorite aunt takes me out for ice cream and tells me my cousin is pregnant.

2. Summer after graduation, Josh says *just* the right thing to me, possibly the best thing he's ever said to me. There's a whole story that goes with it, but I think what he said was, "you outwitted it".

3. April 9, 2003-- found out I was going to have a baby and it felt like winning the lottery.

Mistress, I really like yours.

Elizabeth
    So patience... is nothing...

On the corner of Grey Street and at the end of the world

OK, I started this post so it's only far I would answer too. Here goes

My fondest memory was back in third grade when school would let out and my cousin Shay (who was in the second grade), and my brother (who was in the sixth grade, but would walk from what was then the middle school) and I would wait for my grandfather to pick us up when he got off work and take us to his house until my mom, eldest brother, and sister would come to pick us up. From mama dear (my grandmother as we called her) would give us money to go to the shop a minit up down the street. Mike would by a pack of now and laters, Shay would get a rocky road, and I would by a slo-poke.

While waiting on mama-nihm, (hey I'm southern what do you want from me! LOL) we'd play everything from Shazam
    Mike was Captain Marvel, I was Jr., and Shay was Mary
    to the Spiderfriends...
    Me= spidey
    mike= Ice Man
    Shay= Firestar
    and the Teen Force...
    Mike= Moleculad
    Shay= Electra
    Me= Kid Comet (because I loved to run)

But on original game we would play would was were we would pretend our grandmother's swing was a airplane. Shay was the pilot, Mike was the senile old co-pilot, and I was a stowaway who happened to be a navigator. We'd get into trouble bumping the swing on the side of the house. We almost got whipped once.

Another memory I had was when I was in the fourth grade during recess, a bunch of kids and I would pretend we were in a spaceship trying to get back to Earth. Being a Doctor Who fan back then, I was the scientist who built the ship but using all the intellegence at my disposal. I could never get my crew and passengers back home. Two girls played an love interest (or was she my sister, who cares) and another girl played my goddaughter, who made Sarah Jane look heroic (or was she my niece, aw nevermind) and one kid played the monster who terrorized us everywhere we went. This went on everyday for the entire school year. Now you know where my passion for writing came from.
    If it's my world too, then whose gold is this I'm digging out

That's great Stan. I especially love the Now 'n Later reference--one of my favorites growing up.

Your story was a bit funnier than it should have been to me until I realized that Shay was actually female.
    I love the summer months!

One time, I met one of my idols. She walked past me and my first thought was, "What am I doing over there, walking?"
    I thought it was me for second.
    Yeah, it was weird. So, she went to the Secured Area. Then, I went up to the big security gorilla who was guarding the entrance and said, "I need to go in there now!".
    So he said, "ok".
    And I went in and stood in front of her, staring with my eyes big. She was surrounded by fans who were chatting her up, but she kept glancing back at me. She kind of shushed those around her and said "Hi, there." So, I introduced myself.
    She knew who I was because I am her biggest fan.
    She hugged me and we took pictures of ourselves.
    Later that night, after her performance, we partied all night long.
    I think I scared her, though. (I tend to do that to people. I don't mean to. It's not fair.)
    The very next night, (after I'd already earned myself a VIP status at the event) I met another one of my idols. He didn't know what to do other than to get my phone number. Not telling the rest of this one.....

Quote Originally Posted by wendyful04 View Post
    One time, I met one of my idols. She walked past me and my first thought was, "What am I doing over there, walking?"
    I thought it was me for second.
    Yeah, it was weird. So, she went to the Secured Area. Then, I went up to the big security gorilla who was guarding the entrance and said, "I need to go in there now!".
    So he said, "ok".
    And I went in and stood in front of her, staring with my eyes big. She was surrounded by fans who were chatting her up, but she kept glancing back at me. She kind of shushed those around her and said "Hi, there." So, I introduced myself.
    She knew who I was because I am her biggest fan.
    Did you give her the love knife?
    How is that possible?

+ Reply to Thread