+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I'm a Mac owner now...

"What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

So, I'm on a mac right now at school. So far, the only thing I like about it is the extremely wide monitor. I still haven't figured out how to find the resolution, but I can tell you that it says "iMac" and it's really big. Other than that, it keeps slowing down and making my mp3 skip. Every mac I've ever used on campus (and i've used a lot; I'm a computer lab consulant) has been slow, especially logging on and off. It could be because of the build since the school has to get a million different kinds of software on everything, but either way they have shaped my impression of macs. I still like the monitor, though..I need to go buy a big monitor for my room.

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

mine's pretty slick...I need a bit more ram but it's fairly quick to respond to things.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrick View Post
    So, I'm on a mac right now at school. So far, the only thing I like about it is the extremely wide monitor. I still haven't figured out how to find the resolution, but I can tell you that it says "iMac" and it's really big. Other than that, it keeps slowing down and making my mp3 skip. Every mac I've ever used on campus (and i've used a lot; I'm a computer lab consulant) has been slow, especially logging on and off. It could be because of the build since the school has to get a million different kinds of software on everything, but either way they have shaped my impression of macs. I still like the monitor, though..I need to go buy a big monitor for my room.
    I was a PC fiend for ages.. like 11 years.. making own programs, spending way too much time using, then when i wanted to do some audio stuff Coz and T suggested a mac would be the way to go for that..

not gonna blab on except to say i didnt know what i was missing and ill avoid ever using a PC again..

dont know whats up with your networked imac there terrick but mines pretty much always on and I open programs without regard to how much other stuff, you know i can have garageband open for some vocal stuff, 10 tabs open in opera, 4 in safari,bittorrent and be converting an AVI into dvd format.. I've only managed to properly freeze/crash and have to reboot about 6 times since march april 2005 and most of those were on games ported from windows!!

"One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

+ Reply to Thread