+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An open letter to Be and Giggles...

Fly on the wall since2003

An open letter to Be and Giggles...

Prince Be,

Even though I've been a fan for many years, I've only just signed up to this forum. I've never been the forum type, but figured it was about time I became the type. For a few of reasons; but primarily because I heard there is a possibility that you may come to Australia. See, I've been a fly on the wall here for some time, but never felt like I had something to add. Until now.

Now that I've joined the forum, I feel the need to tell you what your music has meant to me.

Throughout my life I've had ups and downs (like everyone else), hard times, good times, sad times, happy times; and through every one of these occasions I've had music. Music is the world to me. Couldn't live without it.

A couple of months ago I listened to my CD collection the whole way through, start to finish. This brought back so many memories for me.

When I finished listening, I realised something. Of ALL of the CDs I have, and I've got around 200, PM Dawn's music is attached to so many of my memories. The rest just seems to be memories without music.

In order for something like this to happen, I figure that this music must affect me deeply. And it does.

There is PM Dawn music for hard times, good times, sad times and happy times. There is even PM Dawn music for no particular time at all. This means it must be timeless.

I feel like I understand everything you have tried to achieve with each song, and I think they're all perfect.

Now, all of this may sound like I'm being a kiss-ass or whatever.

I couldn't care less what people think. I need to convey this to Be in particular because primarily, he's the one that wrote the songs that are attached to most pieces of my life.

I disagree with people who argue about the subject of the song. "What do you think the artist is trying to convey here?". Blah blah blah.

I believe that people take what they want from a song. Regardless if the artist wrote the song about religion, love, war or anything else. A song means something to a person because they interpret it a different way.

I was listening to the radio with a colleague of mine once, when "Let it Be" came on, and I asked him if he liked the song. He said, "I hate it, please change the station." Why? Because he was of one religion and be believed the song was written about some opposing religion.

I thought, wow, what an attitude to have. Not being a religious person, I took something entirely different from the song. I see it as a message to my loved ones from me, telling them I'll always be there for them.

But that's two people's opinions. There's a good chance that Let It Be means something thing to Be and something else to Giggles, and something else entirely to others on this forum.

I'm thankful to PM Dawn for providing the soundtrack to my life.

I sincerely hope you make it to Australia, where I hope to shake your hand, and thank you in person.

I've watched the resurgence you've had since the Hit Me Baby... show, and I hope it just keeps moving exponentially for you guys.

To Giggles - I look forward to seeing how your input changes the music.

I am, as everyone else on the forum seems to be, dying for something new.

The soundtrack's not done yet.

Ian
    Never burn your bridges while you're standing on them...

Nomination!!!!!...

:d:d:d:d:d:d
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

Cant fault those australians
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by chase View Post
    I was listening to the radio with a colleague of mine once, when "Let it Be" came on, and I asked him if he liked the song. He said, "I hate it, please change the station." Why? Because he was of one religion and be believed the song was written about some opposing religion.

Ian

Let it be
    isn't about any religion. Mother "Mary" is pauls real mother.
    the song was written as a tribute by McCartney after he had a dream about his mother, Mary, who died when he was fourteen.

so.. that clears that up.
    -TheXodus-

America needs a Tennessee Volunteer

THE IMPOSTOR OF THE DAWN Doo-DooHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chase View Post
    Prince Be,

Even though I've been a fan for many years, I've only just signed up to this forum. I've never been the forum type, but figured it was about time I became the type. For a few of reasons; but primarily because I heard there is a possibility that you may come to Australia. See, I've been a fly on the wall here for some time, but never felt like I had something to add. Until now.

Now that I've joined the forum, I feel the need to tell you what your music has meant to me.

Throughout my life I've had ups and downs (like everyone else), hard times, good times, sad times, happy times; and through every one of these occasions I've had music. Music is the world to me. Couldn't live without it.

A couple of months ago I listened to my CD collection the whole way through, start to finish. This brought back so many memories for me.

When I finished listening, I realised something. Of ALL of the CDs I have, and I've got around 200, PM Dawn's music is attached to so many of my memories. The rest just seems to be memories without music.

In order for something like this to happen, I figure that this music must affect me deeply. And it does.

There is PM Dawn music for hard times, good times, sad times and happy times. There is even PM Dawn music for no particular time at all. This means it must be timeless.

I feel like I understand everything you have tried to achieve with each song, and I think they're all perfect.

Now, all of this may sound like I'm being a kiss-ass or whatever.

I couldn't care less what people think. I need to convey this to Be in particular because primarily, he's the one that wrote the songs that are attached to most pieces of my life.

I disagree with people who argue about the subject of the song. "What do you think the artist is trying to convey here?". Blah blah blah.

I believe that people take what they want from a song. Regardless if the artist wrote the song about religion, love, war or anything else. A song means something to a person because they interpret it a different way.

I thought, wow, what an attitude to have. Not being a religious person, I took something entirely different from the song. I see it as a message to my loved ones from me, telling them I'll always be there for them.

But that's two people's opinions. There's a good chance that Let It Be means something thing to Be and something else to Giggles, and something else entirely to others on this forum.

I'm thankful to PM Dawn for providing the soundtrack to my life.

I sincerely hope you make it to Australia, where I hope to shake your hand, and thank you in person.

I've watched the resurgence you've had since the Hit Me Baby... show, and I hope it just keeps moving exponentially for you guys.

To Giggles - I look forward to seeing how your input changes the music.

I am, as everyone else on the forum seems to be, dying for something new.

The soundtrack's not done yet.

Ian
    THANK YOU IAN FOR THOSE KIND WORDS ABOUT MY COUSIN'S LYRICS.
    I CAN HONESTLY STAND HERE AND SAY UNTO YOU THAT WE WILL BE IN AUSTRALIA VERY SOON, AND THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TELL PRINCE BE FACE TO FACE, EVERYTHING YOU SAID IN THIS LETTER. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT WE ARE STILL WORKING ON THE P.M. DAWN LOVES YOU ALBUM, AND THAT WE'VE AGAIN PUSHED THE DATE BACK BECAUSE OF OUR NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH SONY/BMG TO PUT OUT P.M. DAWN LIVE IN THE SPRING OF 2007!!!
    I STOLE THE PM DAWN NAME FROM PRINCE BE'S WIFE AND KIDS,
    WHILE PRINCE BE WAS FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE IN THE HOSPITAL ON LIFE SUPPORT!!!!!!
    I'M DOO-DOO HEAD!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrEEtheRealest View Post
    HELLO PEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    HAPPY KING DAY!!!

Fly on the wall since2003

Thanks, Doc.

Lookin' forward to meeting you both.

Peace
    Never burn your bridges while you're standing on them...

its chaos here.. but everything is being done to get pm dawn out soon as poss.. everything!!!!
    ball is currently out of my court
    and i got unexpectedly called into work..
    parent of one of my students took her life..
    promo guy holds all the cards... we are waiting.
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Etherspin View Post
    parent of one of my students took her life..
    damn man

I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

yeah well.. told ya they'd play another card to get me into work!
    at least the kid wont have a full understanding of what happened.
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGiggles View Post
    HELLO PEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    HAPPY KING DAY!!!
    lol. I was sooo mad!! There was no mail that day!! Pfft!!

Chase, the words you've written can never be more true.

Shout out to Giggles!
    Wake me up at 9:45.

Quote Originally Posted by TrEEtheRealest View Post
    lol. I was sooo mad!! There was no mail that day!! Pfft!!
    lolol

+ Reply to Thread