+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: so theres no exercise to target 'love handles'

so theres no exercise to target 'love handles'

cause im looking pretty silly right now.. lost a lot of weight from legs, upper torso etc.. love handles persist!!

need the help... part of my continuing campaign..
    if theres an exercise thats NOT a situp i'd willingly do it for an hour a day right now... (situps stuff my back rapidly)

anyone got a trick for dis?
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

so .. they rock.. i'll be doing the first one though!! till i drop another ten kg at least!!
    atma you came thru.. now wheres that album you were gonna make??

"One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

you get a dumbbell.. have it at your side..this is while your standing..have your left hand at your hip..and while standing straight move your body to the left.. you should feel it right in the "love handle" area.. do 15 of those and then do the other side..
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

Quote Originally Posted by atma View Post

Hey, I thought I invented that! I used to do it when I was little because my sister thought it looked funny.

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

Quote Originally Posted by Hero1 View Post
    you get a dumbbell.. have it at your side..this is while your standing..have your left hand at your hip..and while standing straight move your body to the left.. you should feel it right in the "love handle" area.. do 15 of those and then do the other side..
    i knew it man... you are secretly bulking up..

but seriously

i'll get stuck into that one when i get home 2 vic and my dumbbells
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

haha I did at one point and then I thought.. I DONT CARE.. i'm not wasting my time doin this apathy is my superstar

so were you all batman begins ???

get the reference? *hammer*
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Atma beat me to it!! I didn't know there was another yoga practitioner on here. Keeps you in great shape, and it's a wonderful lead-up to meditation.
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

my BMI says im still in the upper "overweight" bracket but not obese...
    96.6kg 180cm
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress M View Post
    Atma beat me to it!! I didn't know there was another yoga practitioner on here. Keeps you in great shape, and it's a wonderful lead-up to meditation.
    its also extremely painful

yeah!!! look at the second pose/movement atma attached!!
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

haha.. seriously the easier version of the second exercise is just to sit cross-legged on the floor with your arms to the sides of your knees and then lift your legs up off the floor.. in other words, you don't have to extend that high up, and your abdomen should still get quite a burn if you hold it a while and do enough reps.
    Last edited by atma; 01-03-2007 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero1 View Post
    its also extremely painful
    Well, that's cause people don't do it right. Like that second pose -- you gotta work your way up to it, that's why they list prepatory poses and easier, modified versions.

Also, the biggest issue is that yoga classes rarely teach people the most important element -- proper breathing. It's the same principle as lamaze breathing during childbirth: we can use the breath to control pain. When you do yoga, you gotta breathe diaphramatically -- into the stomach not into the chest. Most people breathe this way when they're asleep, but don't condition themselves to do it while they're awake too. That's another, simple way to get great abs -- to simply practice diaphramatic breathing. My abs are in fabulous shape and it's mostly because I was trained to breathe this way back when I was a kid for music. Since I've conditioned myself to breathe this way all the time, not only do I have better lung capacity than most people, but I have a pretty effortless flat stomach too.

But with yoga, the trick is to expand on the inhale and then go deeper into the pose on the exhale. So if you're twisting, for example, you use the inhale to lengthen the spine, and the exhale to twist, and you keep going in that pattern until you reach the maximum twist you can do. While you hold it, you need to continue deep breathing to control any feelings of discomfort or pain. And it really does work. A lot of muscle pain is because the muscle is not getting the oxygen it needs to perform its work, while deep breathing into the stomach ensures that the muscle is getting the proper oxygen. It also serves as a hypnotic, and a relaxer, which is why it's so important for childbirth.
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

ok. might see bout a yoga class.. think they have one at the gym i just started at.

mistress the reason all this came about is.. my allergy to ciggy smoke stuffed up my lungs really badly in 2002-2004.. i was put on steroids.. my capacity dropped.. I tried to use the gym but gave up after i passed out on a treadmill.. stopped martial arts.. packed on weight..
    dont know what units you use so.. basically i added a quarter of my weight on or slightly more..
    I've been working on my lung capacity slowly,feels like im at 85-90% of normal now.. i used to cough/spasm if i tried to fill up completely on inhalation but this month that has stopped.

yoga might be the idea.
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

swimming is great for the lungs right?

Quote Originally Posted by Etherspin View Post
    ok. might see bout a yoga class.. think they have one at the gym i just started at.

mistress the reason all this came about is.. my allergy to ciggy smoke stuffed up my lungs really badly in 2002-2004.. i was put on steroids.. my capacity dropped.. I tried to use the gym but gave up after i passed out on a treadmill.. stopped martial arts.. packed on weight..
    dont know what units you use so.. basically i added a quarter of my weight on or slightly more..
    I've been working on my lung capacity slowly,feels like im at 85-90% of normal now.. i used to cough/spasm if i tried to fill up completely on inhalation but this month that has stopped.

yoga might be the idea.
    Yeah, this would help with your lungs too. You know what you might want to try, there's a video by a woman named Hemalaya Behl called "Yoga for Urban Living" that you can get on amazon.com. I don't normally use videos cause I've been doing this a long time and like to make up my own routines, but her video is really fantastic, and sometimes I like to mix it up by using it. There are 3 routines: a 1/2 hour morning one, a one hour regular one, and a 1/2 hour evening one. But more importantly, there's also a section to teach you breathing - something you may not get in a class without asking. Doing the video at home first might be a good idea so you know the names of the basic poses, and have a chance to try them out before having to do it in front of a group of people. And she's not exactly hard on the eyes either

target weight !!!!! 90.0kg , down from 110kg in nov ...

medicated steroids.. screw you hahaahahaaha
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

wow thats super fast

+ Reply to Thread