+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: die without u sampled in rap track

Barney Freakin' Rubble

Coz, what are the rules about sampling a track that already has a sample of another track in it? That is like making a derrivative work of a derrivative work.

Usually the initial sample license would not cover the third artist sampling it, would it? I would imagine that Be is owed for his lyrics and voice. And I would imagine that anything Be sampled that is in the "sample" that these guys took would be owed to their perspective owner.

So artist #3 owes artist #2 and #1 (owes/must get permission/license/whatever), right?
    Peace

Quote Originally Posted by pmFan View Post
    With "samples" that big, I bet the folks in the grocery stores giving out free samples on Saturdays cringe when these guys come by for a "sample"!

Brilliant!
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

Coz, what are the rules about sampling a track that already has a sample of another track in it? That is like making a derrivative work of a derrivative work.

Usually the initial sample license would not cover the third artist sampling it, would it? I would imagine that Be is owed for his lyrics and voice. And I would imagine that anything Be sampled that is in the "sample" that these guys took would be owed to their perspective owner.

So artist #3 owes artist #2 and #1 (owes/must get permission/license/whatever), right?
    Man....I should sample THEIR SONG! Then I would be sampling their song that samples THAT song, which SAMPLES that song!!

are there even any samples in Die Without You? sounds to me like it was all composed

i think the song is a "live" one

isnt is etyienne little on piano

a drum machine/ some finger snaps a synth and lead/ back vocals?
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

Right.

Unless the contract expressly transfers ownership of the sound rights to the sampler (can't imagine ANYBODY signing some dumb shit like that) then all sound rights still belong to the original owner. In this case it would be those that Be sampled, as well as the owners of Be's masters.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

they need to get the instrumental of die without you,so the start of the song dont clash, then get BE to do the chorus but with words to match the song.. "my time to shine.my time 2 flow"
    then get pm dawn in the video..
    DONE.
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo D View Post
    Right.

Unless the contract expressly transfers ownership of the sound rights to the sampler (can't imagine ANYBODY signing some dumb shit like that) then all sound rights still belong to the original owner. In this case it would be those that Be sampled, as well as the owners of Be's masters.

Totally forgot we were talking about "I'd Die Without You", which has no samples. Whoever owns the master to it owns all the cards in this case. I believe Be may have his publishing back in entirety, in which case he is entitled to the publishing and songwriting from this track.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

+ Reply to Thread