+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: die without u sampled in rap track

  1. #1
    pm dawn fam til infinity Hero1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    4,736

    die without u sampled in rap track

    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

  2. #2
    Say the whole thing Wheeljak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Tampa, FL, USA
    Posts
    2,424

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero1 View Post
    Is this what's passing off as a sample these days? That was a huge chunk of the track, and they didn't bother to be creative about using the sample. What a waste. There wasn't anything remotely special about their lyrics; I didn't hear a single clever turn of phrase, or anything that even comes close to originality. Same ol' tired material.
    To quote the Autobot Jazz:
    "Do it with style or don't bother doing it."

    Oh, well... as long as PM Dawn gets paid, I guess it's all good.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

  3. #3
    pm dawn fam til infinity Hero1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    4,736

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljak View Post

    Oh, well... as long as PM Dawn gets paid, I guess it's all good.
    Are they getting paid??
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

  4. #4
    From Outta Space! Cozmo D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    BROOKLYN!!!
    Posts
    8,910

    If they are, I hope it's HUGE!!!
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

    Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

  5. #5
    From Outta Space! Cozmo D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    BROOKLYN!!!
    Posts
    8,910

    Sounds like a mixtape though, which means dinero nada.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

    Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

  6. #6
    pm dawn fam til infinity Hero1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    4,736
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

  7. #7
    Say the whole thing Wheeljak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Tampa, FL, USA
    Posts
    2,424

    Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo D View Post
    Sounds like a mixtape though, which means dinero nada.
    You're probably right, but money issues aside, these guys don't seem to be working very hard at their craft. Those Louisville guys (Get It Right Records) who made "Lindsay Lohan Freestyle" a coupla years ago have no backing at all that I know of (Da Volunteers have 8 Ball & MJG producing them), yet Get It Right Records' songs have more appeal than anything Da Volunteers have available for listening at their site.
    I will say, though, that Da Volunteers' Jackie Chan was funny. Make sure you check that out.

    And by the way, I hope this trend ends soon, where rappers talk for five minutes over the music before they start rapping. If they have so much to say, they shoulda written another rhyme.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

  8. #8
    From Outta Space! Cozmo D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    BROOKLYN!!!
    Posts
    8,910

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljak View Post
    You're probably right, but money issues aside, these guys don't seem to be working very hard at their craft. Those Louisville guys (Get It Right Records) who made "Lindsay Lohan Freestyle" a coupla years ago have no backing at all that I know of (Da Volunteers have 8 Ball & MJG producing them), yet Get It Right Records' songs have more appeal than anything Da Volunteers have available for listening at their site.
    I will say, though, that Da Volunteers' Jackie Chan was funny. Make sure you check that out.

    And by the way, I hope this trend ends soon, where rappers talk for five minutes over the music before they start rapping. If they have so much to say, they shoulda written another rhyme.
    Can't argue with any of that. Hopefully it blows up and Be gets paid.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

    Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    mill hill, london England
    Posts
    20

    personally i think the mix is very good. but i can c what u haters b sayin. what we have is prince b singing about something so beautiful and tragic and singing it in his beautiful way; about missing his girl or ex-girl and having to fictionalise his world and imagine her emotions cos she is not with him...but these rappers are pissing all over it talkin bout getting money and hustling..i get that. but i like the beat. its tight.

  10. #10
    Say the whole thing Wheeljak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Tampa, FL, USA
    Posts
    2,424

    Quote Originally Posted by andy.danquah View Post
    personally i think the mix is very good. but i can c what u haters b sayin. what we have is prince b singing about something so beautiful and tragic and singing it in his beautiful way; about missing his girl or ex-girl and having to fictionalise his world and imagine her emotions cos she is not with him...but these rappers are pissing all over it talkin bout getting money and hustling..i get that. but i like the beat. its tight.
    Are you representing Westside of Staines?
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

  11. #11
    Intelligent Posts :11
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    My Damn Reservation....
    Posts
    1,002,880

    bwahahahahahahahahhahaha...........roflmao bwhahahhahahahhahahhah

  12. #12
    Regulator Terrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    2,236

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljak View Post
    Is this what's passing off as a sample these days? That was a huge chunk of the track, and they didn't bother to be creative about using the sample.

    I agree! They basically just rapped over the entire first two verses. Yes, money = good, but the song still sucks. Although I agree with Andy that they're "pissing all over it talkin bout getting money and hustling", but I don't think there's anything good about the beat. It's not very creative at all; it sounds like every other beat on the radio.


    "that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

  13. #13
    Senior Member atma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    604

    yeah, what a pathetic track. i'd be embarrassed to sample something that blatantly and mindlessly

  14. #14

    I can't believe Be let Dr. Giggles rap over that sample! Oh...wait..that's not Dr. Giggles. Sorry.

    <3 Pee the Fakest

  15. #15
    I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    detroit, baby
    Posts
    1,294

    Goddamn that was 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
    Keep your headphones on.

  16. #16
    From Outta Space! Cozmo D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    BROOKLYN!!!
    Posts
    8,910

    Quote Originally Posted by TrEEtheRealest View Post
    I can't believe Be let Dr. Giggles rap over that sample! Oh...wait..that's not Dr. Giggles. Sorry.

    <3 Pee the Fakest
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

    Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    88

    I'm so sick of all these fools now days talking about 2000-2001 as being back in the day or old school 5 or 6 years don't mean shit and it ain't old school!
    But I being poor have only my dreams. I have laid my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

  18. #18
    Say the whole thing Wheeljak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Tampa, FL, USA
    Posts
    2,424

    Quote Originally Posted by Tshaw View Post
    I'm so sick of all these fools now days talking about 2000-2001 as being back in the day or old school 5 or 6 years don't mean shit and it ain't old school!
    Are you shocked or something? Very few of today's musical artists (and even fewer of their fans) have any sense of history. For them, what came last year passes for history. You can't honestly expect them to have any regard for what came before they even knew what music was, because they still don't know what music is. A couple of years ago, I heard a song, I think it was called "Flip," that sampled Ms. Pac Man as a component of their beat. Ms. Pac Man! That's not imaginative; it's just plain dumb.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    88

    not shocked just sick and tired of hearing it.
    But I being poor have only my dreams. I have laid my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

  20. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljak View Post
    Are you shocked or something? Very few of today's musical artists (and even fewer of their fans) have any sense of history. For them, what came last year passes for history. You can't honestly expect them to have any regard for what came before they even knew what music was, because they still don't know what music is. A couple of years ago, I heard a song, I think it was called "Flip," that sampled Ms. Pac Man as a component of their beat. Ms. Pac Man! That's not imaginative; it's just plain dumb.
    Most people I know who rap have no clue about the history of it. Most will say they know who Rakim is (probably because Magazines always declare him one of the best rappers ever), but they have no clue who Eric B. is. They have no idea who any artists are..even from the 90s when they were alive! I've read many interviews with modern rappers and there were a few who said they don't care about the old school and where hip hop came from. They said they were only in it to make "the paper".

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Star Track
    By Wheeljak in forum Leisure World
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 07:15 PM
  2. hot new track!
    By Hero1 in forum Leisure World
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 10:53 PM
  3. track lists in sig
    By pmFan in forum Leisure World
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 12:05 PM
  4. New Track - Bug'n Out
    By Brian221 in forum Leisure World
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 06-23-2004, 11:50 AM
  5. fav emosia track?
    By Hero1 in forum Leisure World
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-12-2003, 08:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts