+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Backin Dat Ass Up!

Ok,

It's been a minnit comin, but I've realized that I am outa place here. My wife has clowned me about it for the longest, but it's just recently that I've come to the conclusion that she's right.

Unlike almost all of ya'll, I am not a huge fan of PM Dawn. I am a HUGE fan of Be and Jarret, and in large parts thanks to ya'll, also a friend of theirs again.

I have never been the "fan" type however, as I hate idolization of people.
    Hell, I'm not even a fan of Newcleus, I'm sure if any of ya'll own any of my shit you have probably listened to it more than I have.

I came here...well to pmdawn.net...as a lurker looking for closure I guess. It was through that venue that I found continuance instead of closure, for which I will be eternally grateful.

However, what happened is I discovered some very special people, and it drew me out unto the open.

I feel that I have developed good friendships here, hopefully long lasting ones. Some of you have become very special to me.

But, I find that I no longer feel relevant here...in fact, I feel completely out of place lately. Let's face it, the only regular here even remotely close to my age is 6 years younger, and lately he has even hardly been here.

Frankly, the only person who I hang with on a regular who is close to my age is my wife, and even that is starting to get to me (please...some testosterone...PLEASE!).

I also feel a growing resentment towards me here...I have actually felt it for some time...but it has always been more than balanced out by the obvious warmth I have felt from most of you. At this point now though, a point that may be extremely crucial in my life, I just don't feel it is something that I need.

At any rate, I will finish what I started with the compilation album, though at this rate I'm not sure that the level of participation justifies it.

I'll be here for a minnit to get that done...

Coz
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

well this sucks...

Coz please don't leave...you give this place alot of quality with your "older and wiser" post's

Don't leave...I'll paint your steps...anything

Intelligent Posts :11

Coz...sir, I want to be the first to say...Stick around man...I know damn well you never take any of my crap personally...I respect the hell out of you and I wish for you to understand that, at times long winded, i read everything you post. Because in all honesty, there is ALOT of merit to your writings..same with Freks..Ive stated it before.. I choose not to get into discussions that I am not educated on...whats the point of me bullshiting. I dont know about the vegan thing, ive learned a lot here though...That my friend is what keeps me interested....You sir are a crucial part of this place, and I personally think very highly of you...No I dont idolize you, I dont idolize anybody except myself....I try to come straight and honest at all times...thus in conclusion sir...hang around, but if you must, do what you have too do, and we will hook up sometime down the road..

Thanks.

The idolization thing was about me not being a fan Chief.

It's not about you (you know we homies man ) or anybody else here, it's about me.

Life is a growth process, and growth is a reciprical thing...I'm not growing here so therefore I feel I'm not helping anyone else to grow.

Maybe I am depressed (no, I'm not), or maybe it's the complete lack of any male companionship with anybody even close to my age or interests.

Maybe I'm just feeling fukkin sorry for myself.

I'm just not growing, and stagnation is never a good thing.

Coz
    Alright
    Yeah...

Intelligent Posts :11

ya see though coz..you missed my point totally.....you are an influence here.....you help people grow in my opinion....at least me.....dude..im flyin out there and we are going to the nudie bar.....

dude..im flyin out there and we are going to the nudie bar.....
    Heheheheh...I wish
    Alright
    Yeah...

*sniffs* *Runs around the room in circles at a high pace faint whispers on no no no exscaping my lungs**

ok I don't see you as someone older or a fan or a groupie or myself seeing you as such. I think you what you are....talented as you are, you are very down to earth, friendly, helpful, and an all around good person.

I feel ya if you have to do what you must but Know THIS you will be SORELY missed. We love talking with you & knowing we have a friend to talk to on here. Not eveyone can say they can do that.

I hope you start to see in you what we've seen all along...the strength to be the leader & one in control in anything. I just hope you don't leave. we would miss you terribley.

Just keep thinking about it.....you might talk yourself into hanging around. The thing with people your age...whether your a teenage, 20s,30s, 60,80s not everyone has people their age to hang out with. This is something we all go thru at some point.

I see you for what you can be....Inspiration, supportive, and one hell of a guy no matter what you choose to do!!
    Life isn't measured by breaths you take, but the moments in life that take your breath away....

P.S..If You are a fake..don't tell me..I don't wanna know..

We Always Are..Because We Never Were...

Save your breath..I'm can't say I'm sorry enough..for me

http://www.angelfire.com/va/dreamrib/pmdawn.html

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=1115324

open letter to benjamin cenac

you dont know how many times it was a thrill to see your name pop up on the mainpage and know that any second i wil be chatting with you or playing pm tag...your longwinded and incredibly nutritional diatribes where the highlight and one of the things i lived for on this site...i understand your need to grow and move on but i just wanted to tell you you are one of the people who gave me hope for the last six months
    i thank you for all the knowledge you knocked into me and thank you for being there for me... i will miss seeing you on this site man....your kinda like a crazy genius uncle i never had....man memories are flooding me right now to my misenterpretation of your drunkedness that first night in the chat room.....TO THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE BAR NONE and as much as it was cool meeting be and frek but i also got to finally meet you...i hope you keep in touch with me and i hope you at least visit here once in a while....i definetely hope to see you in july and in the future thereafter...

you may feel stagnant but you sure as hell helped my future...
    and besides whos gonna run S.A.U.S.A.G.E. WHEN YOUR GONE!!

peace be with you in whatever endeavor you seek forth
    ....and thank you........syxxpm carl frederich knieriem
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

coz we having fun here you are an intergral part of this place :thumup: dont leave you selfish bastard :flipoff: if you leave this place''ll die :umm:
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

hey coz if you do go we all enjoyed the time u were here and in the chat..take it EZ brotha
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

I never really got to get to know you very well, but you're a big part of this forum. I haven't been here long, but in the short period i know you've been important here. And, about your age n stuff, to tell you the truth, i had no idea how old you were. I still have no clue. The important thing to me was not how old you were, and wheter or not i'd exclude you because of your age. It was whether or not i could communicate with you easily, and how you related to me. And you sure made some good effin' replies with lots of good advice. I hate to see people leave, whether it's in a forum or in my life. But if ya really think you should go, i don't wanna stop you. It's your choice. We'll miss you, though. :sadwave:

Peace,
    E

P.S. Make sure you come back to visit sometime.

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

There are few people in my life that i can say have influenced me or helped me grow in some way...you Coz, are one of those people...i have always loved your sense of humor, and your never-ending "quest" to get me to show my "bootay"; but in all seriousness i loved the late night chats in the channel where you dispensed your advice and what life experiences you have had. To me, you are more like a father in that reguard than my blood father has ever been...and i cant begin to express what that means to me. You are there as a friend with a lending ear when i have needed it most. However i do understand and respect your primal need to journey ever forward through this crazy thing called life. I just hope that you dont remain a total stranger, and that in some way we can stay in touch. There is nothing i hate more than to find a friend i cherish, only to have them slip away and out of my life...

You will be greatly missed... :sadwave:

Jolene
    Because the sky is blue, it makes me cry...

:cry:

You know what...I'm a fukkin prick!

I apologise for letting my feeling so sorry for my fukkin self cast a cloud over this terrific place...and you terrific people.

Chief was right, and thank you all for helping him slap me upside the head...damm ya'll mean so much to me.

I do have to continue to cut down on my presence here somewhat, life is at the moment presenting me with some very vital challenges, and the people that mean the most to me are counting on me.

But frankly, I'm being a bitch, feeling sorry for myself and taking it out on you guys. It took no more than Hax and Chief to make me start to think, and now what the rest of ya'll have said...

Fukkit, you're never too old to be stupid...how could I not be growing if I am accumulating friends like ya'll...thank you all so much.

I'm sorry ya'll, I've had friends and family walk out of my life, simply for being honest with them...I will not do that to ya'll...please forgive me for the drama.

Must be menopause settin in...heheheh

EZ
    Coz

ps- Syxx...hit me with the fish, I deserve it!

pps- Tee, if you read this shit just shut ya fukkin face, ya fukkin beach bum!!!
    Alright
    Yeah...

In the timeless journey we all want more than what we've become. So much yet to see, left to do. The time we thought we had when we were young, seems to have slipped away. So we go looking to do all the things we never did and always said we would. Travel the world, eating exotic foods, climbing Mt. Everest. But even in all the greatest of adventures there is no greater measure of what we have accomplished than the lives we have all touched, changed, shared, and the friendships and love of those around us. It's not where you've been you'll think about when you go..it's who was there to see you off.
    Something is neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so.

Eye like u Coz, and respect u alot man.. eye hope u hang around here.. eye dont think anyone hangs "As Much" as we have around here.. but life has winding roads to it.. we come back around that corner eventually...

eye hope everyone stays around here, eye dig the vibe in this place..

Coz,

Dude, I know EXACTLY how you felt when you first posted this message, believe me! I have spent my whole life wondering why I wasn't "playing with someone my own age!" I am the type of guy who has ALWAYS felt out of place, 24/7, where I grew up, the schools I went to, the job I work at, the family I belong to. The one thing I learned is that: a sense of belonging has to come from within. You are/were struggling with this idea.

I don't know whether I was the guy you were talking about in your first post, being that I will be 35 in a couple months, but if I were that guy, I will admit that sometimes I reply to post and sometimes I purposely don't. Really, like everything else in my life, that decision is based on mood.

As for the guys on the forum, I can tell that they look up to you and respect your sense of humor, your knowledge of the music biz, and your knowledge of history. I know I certainly do. I hope by now all the replies have convinced you that you do belong here. And as for missing something by always posting here, I doubt if you really are. You sound like a good family man and this place provides a different spin on your routine.

Anyway, I hope you continue to post here and ignore the age difference nonsense. As my grandmother always says, "Age ain't nothin' but a number!" (and she should know, she's 88 ) Everyone here brings something special to the forum: Deity, Lisa, Frek, Ty, Syxx, Tim, Hax, Chief, Elizabeth, Foxy, Thaprince, Be, etc. Your contribution fits right in with the mix. If you enjoy being here, please stay. Maybe that guy who is six years younger looks up to you. I know I do.

Louis85
    I love the summer months!

Yeah Louis, you're the guy I was talkin' about, tho for some reason I remembered you being 36 instead of 34, so it's an 8 year difference...dammit!!! heheheh

Thanx alot for all that you've said man...it means the world to me...along with what everyone else has posted.

Thanx again ya'll!
    Coz
    Alright
    Yeah...

ok well I'm not gonna paint your steps now since everything seems to be cool

Coz,

Yo playa, it was my pleasure to offer a few words. I hope they helped your view of this whole thing. If you ever need to talk "man to man" (whatever the hell that means), e-mail me here and we can set up a time to chat or something.

Another reason I don't always reply to forum messages, cause I don't always keep up with the young crowd's music, people, celebrities etc. So your original post really hit home. (I wish I would have been the first to reply to your post). Sometimes it best for me to just read and learn. So don't feel alienated man. You fit this forum perfectly. Everyone likes, respects and looks up to you. (and wants you to paint those damn steps!)

You gave me words of encouragement last year that helped me. I am merely returning the favor. Peace bro.

Louis85

P.s. All this "stuff" might make me reconsider my title.
    I love the summer months!

+ Reply to Thread