+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Beatles - LOVE (new album)

The Beatles - LOVE (new album)

"LOVE" RELEASED IN STEREO AND 5.1 - ON NOVEMBER 20TH 2006

Tuesday 16th October
    We are releasing the LOVE album in stereo and 5.1, November 20th. This will be the first Beatles album available in 5.1.
    The stereo CD will contain 78 minutes of music. The DVD surround sound version on DVD disc album will be a slightly extended version with 81 minutes of music.
    After being asked by the remaining Beatles, Ringo and Paul, along with Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison, to make experimental mixes from their master tapes for a collaboration with Cirque du Soleil, Sir George Martin, The Beatles legendary producer, and his son Giles Martin have been working with the entire archive of Beatles recordings to create LOVE. The result is an unprecedented approach to the music. Using the master tapes at Abbey Road Studios, Sir George and Giles have created a unique soundscape. The release of this album, which is also featured in the Cirque du Soleil/Beatles collaborative production of the same name at The Mirage in Las Vegas, has been much anticipated.
    “This album puts the Beatles back together again, because suddenly there’s John and George with me and Ringo,” said Paul McCartney. “It’s kind of magical.”
    “George and Giles did such a great job combining these tracks. It’s really powerful for me and I even heard things I’d forgotten we’d recorded.” commented Ringo Starr.
    “The album has the feeling of love and that’s why the title is Beatles LOVE,“ added Yoko Ono Lennon, "They have let everything that is beautiful and daring come out.”
    “The music is stunning. I think the most amazing thing about it is that you can pull it apart and all the elements carry with it the essence of the entire song,” said Olivia Harrison.
    Tony Wadsworth, Chairman and CEO of EMI Music UK and Ireland said, “George and Giles’ highly original work in creating the LOVE album gives us a genuinely new Beatles album. It makes us respect even more, if that were possible, the creativity and brilliance of the band behind the greatest catalogue in the history of recorded music.”
    The 5.1 disc is a DVD-Audio/DVD-Video hybrid. The audio is presented in high-resolution 96/24 5.1 surround on the DVD-Audio part of the disc. The DVD-Video part carries 5.1 surround in DTS and Dolby Digital as well as a PCM stereo mix. This DVD album is designed to be played on DVD video equipment but will carry no video component.

The LOVE CD and DVD track listing is:
    1. Because
    2. Get Back
    3. Glass Onion
    4. Eleanor Rigby
    Julia (Transition)
    5. I Am The Walrus
    6. I Want To Hold Your Hand
    7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You’re Doing
    8. Gnik Nus
    9. Something
    Blue Jay Way (Transition)
    10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She’s So Heavy)/Helter Skelter
    11. Help!
    12. Blackbird/Yesterday
    13. Strawberry Fields Forever
    14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows
    15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
    16. Octopus’s Garden
    17. Lady Madonna
    18. Here Comes The Sun
    The Inner Light (Transition)
    19. Come Together/Dear Prudence
    Cry Baby Cry (Transition)
    20. Revolution
    21. Back In The U.S.S.R.
    22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    23. A Day In The Life
    24. Hey Jude
    25. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
    26. All You Need Is Love
    -TheXodus-

Its really something special.. I got to hear "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and it is the acoustic version from the anthology, laced with a beautiful string arrangement.

Also heard Within, Without You (Tomorrow Never Knows) its actually the lyrics, and sounds from within without you.. with Tomorrow Never Knows Drums..

incredible soundscapes
    -TheXodus-

cue samedeep ....
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Looks like my Christmas list is complete
    America needs a Tennessee Volunteer

Wow, that looks really cool...
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETHERSPIN View Post
    cue samedeep ....
    Haven't heard this yet, looking forward to it - concept reminds me of "If 60s was 90s" by Beautiful People, a similar project with Hendrix's music....
    Keep your headphones on.

here's 'Strawberry Fields Forever' during Terry Wogan's show...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainf...2/r2_wogan_mon

It starts at 39 minutes 54 seconds in, so you have to skip 35 minutes and sit through Glen Fry's 'The Heat Is On' (or miss the first few seconds by skipping 40 minutes).

Sounds like a selection of demos of strawberry fields spliced, with an insane ending.. has "In My Life, Hello Goodbye, Piggies, Sgt Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band, Penny Lane" all combined to create an beautiful soundscape that gives you each element of each song..."

very impressed
    -TheXodus-

Barney Freakin' Rubble

I'm DEFINITELY adding this one to my Christmas list! Thanks for the heads up!
    Peace

www.thebeatles.com

preview 4 of the 26 tracks
    -TheXodus-

Got it last night. HOLY SHIT. First, the sound quality on this album is fucking amazing. If this is any indication of how the rumoured 2007 remasters are going to sound, I'm so fucking there. The CLARITY! Every little sound is crystal. It's as if each song has been completely deconstructed and then reassembled in WIDESCREEN.

Now, the mixes themselves.

"...Mr Kite/She's So Heavy/Helter Skelter" is GODLIKE. You just have to hear it to believe it. Total ACID. If I could recommend any one track from this album to a non-believer, it's this one.

However, that's a gimmicky one, and that may not be everyone's flavor, so in that case I submit

Strawberry Fields Forever.

A complete deconstruction/reconstruction. Beginning with Lennon's original home demo in '66, the track gradually builds itself in layers, adding elements from the released version bit by bit - it's a masterful effect and an amazing mix. Highly recommended.

There are other highlights, like the remix of Revolution - complete rechanneling on this one -- if you recall, the original single version had the guitars in one speaker, the bass & drums in the other speaker, and the vocal in the middle. Very 60s, and very classic. However, this new mix spreads the sound out differently and reveals a second guitar that was previously buried in the mix - again, it's very Widescreen in it's presentation.

Not everything on this album is a so-called gimmick mix. Some of it is just remixed (don't let that word scare you off, no club/crunk mixes here, no guest rappers, etc) and reimagined - and mind you, all of this was overseen by George Martin himself.

If there's a better eulogy for George Harrison than the version of "while my guitar gently weeps" that appears here, I don't know what it is. His original acoustic demo (with 'lost' verse 3!) - with new string arrangement by G. Martin. Gorgeous.

But above and beyond all the above, I love this album for showing what the Beatles could and should sound like in the 21st century. I adore and will always treasure the original albums -- but "Love" presents such amazing sound quality - I can't say it enough - CLARITY -- everyone has to hear this album at least to appreciate what's been done here. Ignore the mixes and blends, if you must - as a LOT of people are crying foul at the very thought of remixing classic Beatles tracks - and just dig on the amazing sound. It's damn near 3D for your ears. Pretty much a nonstop 78 minute program as well - the segues and transitions between tracks are well fucking done too. Turn it up LOUD! and like I've been saying as long as I've been here KEEP YOUR FUCKING HEADPHONES ON.

6 out of 5 stars from me.
    Keep your headphones on.

Quote Originally Posted by samedeepwaterasyou View Post
    Got it last night. HOLY SHIT. First, the sound quality on this album is fucking amazing. If this is any indication of how the rumoured 2007 remasters are going to sound, I'm so fucking there. The CLARITY! Every little sound is crystal. It's as if each song has been completely deconstructed and then reassembled in WIDESCREEN.

Now, the mixes themselves.

"...Mr Kite/She's So Heavy/Helter Skelter" is GODLIKE. You just have to hear it to believe it. Total ACID. If I could recommend any one track from this album to a non-believer, it's this one.

However, that's a gimmicky one, and that may not be everyone's flavor, so in that case I submit

Strawberry Fields Forever.

A complete deconstruction/reconstruction. Beginning with Lennon's original home demo in '66, the track gradually builds itself in layers, adding elements from the released version bit by bit - it's a masterful effect and an amazing mix. Highly recommended.

There are other highlights, like the remix of Revolution - complete rechanneling on this one -- if you recall, the original single version had the guitars in one speaker, the bass & drums in the other speaker, and the vocal in the middle. Very 60s, and very classic. However, this new mix spreads the sound out differently and reveals a second guitar that was previously buried in the mix - again, it's very Widescreen in it's presentation.

Not everything on this album is a so-called gimmick mix. Some of it is just remixed (don't let that word scare you off, no club/crunk mixes here, no guest rappers, etc) and reimagined - and mind you, all of this was overseen by George Martin himself.

If there's a better eulogy for George Harrison than the version of "while my guitar gently weeps" that appears here, I don't know what it is. His original acoustic demo (with 'lost' verse 3!) - with new string arrangement by G. Martin. Gorgeous.

But above and beyond all the above, I love this album for showing what the Beatles could and should sound like in the 21st century. I adore and will always treasure the original albums -- but "Love" presents such amazing sound quality - I can't say it enough - CLARITY -- everyone has to hear this album at least to appreciate what's been done here. Ignore the mixes and blends, if you must - as a LOT of people are crying foul at the very thought of remixing classic Beatles tracks - and just dig on the amazing sound. It's damn near 3D for your ears. Pretty much a nonstop 78 minute program as well - the segues and transitions between tracks are well fucking done too. Turn it up LOUD! and like I've been saying as long as I've been here KEEP YOUR FUCKING HEADPHONES ON.

6 out of 5 stars from me.
    Damm SameDeep, you just sold me. I'm gonna buy this one.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Cheers, Coz... Try to set aside an hour or so when you do get this - it's a album to be listened to front to back in one sitting. Let me know what you thought of it.
    Keep your headphones on.

Will do.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

its was more than I hoped for.. has a lot of energy to it.
    -TheXodus-

Barney Freakin' Rubble

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!

So, I added it to my Christmas list as I mentioned above and was excited when I got it today. So my mother was over fro Christmas. She originally collected Beatles on vinyl back in the day and played them over and over. Big influence on my taste in music growing up. Anyway, she and I listened to the CD on a small boom box in the kitchen while preparing dinner. WOW!!!! The blending of parts from different songs really had me blown away!!! One of the best thing I have heard in years!!!

Peace

it even made within you without you listenable

great album....i like the piano from in my life at the end of strawberry fields
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

Quote Originally Posted by syxxpm View Post
    it even made within you without you listenable
    Co-sign. I have always dug the Beatles, but Within You has never been my bag, until this mix. If this album can turn me on to that song, I'd say the album can be worth something to just about anyone.
    Keep your headphones on.

Barney Freakin' Rubble

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Detroit Butcher View Post
    Co-sign. I have always dug the Beatles, but Within You has never been my bag, until this mix. If this album can turn me on to that song, I'd say the album can be worth something to just about anyone.
    That's funny, because I always loved Within You as it was, and Tomorrow Never Knows even more. Now they are exponentially better together! My lease favorite songs were things like Michelle, Why Don't We Do It in the Road, and Revolution #9. Oh, and Yer Blues and Oh, Darling.
    Last edited by pmFan; 12-30-2006 at 03:23 PM.
    Peace

Quote Originally Posted by pmFan View Post
    My lease favorite songs were things like Michelle, Why Don't We Do It in the Road, and Revolution #9. Oh, and Yer Blues and Oh, Darling.
    -TheXodus-

All those tracks all classics in my book, except Michelle.
    Keep your headphones on.

+ Reply to Thread