+ Reply to Thread

Thread: creating wireless earbuds

creating wireless earbuds

Does anybody know if it's possible to buy a set of wireless headphones and somehow rewire them to earbuds? If headphones can do it, can I not just rip out the receiver thingy and solder it to my earbud wires?

Before anyone replies with just "Why would you want to do something stupid like that?", the honest answer is that I want to hear my AIM alerts when I'm in another room watching tv or something. I'm tired of sitting at my computer all day and doing nothing. So it would be easier to just stick one earbud in instead of wearing huge headphones.

And while we're on the subject One&Co (http://www.oneandco.com/casestudy_12.html) is working on wireless earbuds, which I already thought existed and really want. But I guess they haven't been developed by anyone yet, so I'm trying to make my own, even if I have to carry around a receiver in my pocket.

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

can

just do what i do, turn up your computers volume up real loud, so you can hear it when you are in the other room... just be careful when you go back to your computer, it will scare the $hit out of you when someone says something.

it's called a laptop Terrick...you have one...it has the amazing ability to move from room to room with you.

nope currently the chips for wireless are too big. There are a few bluetooth range wont be so good. Get a sidekick
    America needs a Tennessee Volunteer

Quote Originally Posted by eternals layre
    nope currently the chips for wireless are too big. There are a few bluetooth range wont be so good. Get a sidekick
    Thanks. A simple answer was what I wanted.

But can I make my own and carry around the wireless thing with me? I'd feel kinda dumb walking around my house with giant headphones on, or I'd just do that.

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

Barney Freakin' Rubble

How about getting an audio switch box and switching your PC speaker wires over to another line that feeds a stereo in the TV room. So when you are at your PC, switch the speakers to the PC speakers. When you get up, switch it to the stereo in the other room and go turn on that stereo (aux). Then it acts like a doorbell.
    Peace

+ Reply to Thread