+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Dissociatives (Self Titled)

The Dissociatives (Self Titled)

anyone ever heard of this group? They aren't well known in America, but its two guys... one of them is the lead singer of Silverchair.. to sum it up, its an experimental prodject that was released a couple of years ago.. its worth a listen.

www.thedissociatives.com here is there website, i'm sure allmusic has a write up on the cd too....

We're Much Preferred Customers is a good one off of it.
    -TheXodus-

Would you be suprised to know that i own it? Seems we two often enjoy lots of the same stuff. I was hesitant to pick it up because it was only available as an import. I'd say as a whole the entire album is pretty good. I am a GIGANTIC fan of the last Silverchair album-Diorama. Love it to death.

Both are worthwhile to get. I guess Silverchair is working on a new album as well. Good to hear! (you can actually listen to a demo or see them in the studio if you go to their site....)
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

yeah that will be interesting.. i wish they would release another dissociative album too.. they were touching on a lot of interesting surfaces on that album... very refreshing.
    -TheXodus-

I actually think you will see that happen. You never know with music or any art but it seemed those two in the Dissociatives really dug making music together.

Dig you check out the newest Supergrass? I thought it was pretty good. A slight bit different from their other work.
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

+ Reply to Thread