+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roethlisberger injured in accident

Roethlisberger injured in accident

Roethlisberger injured in accident

Monday, June 12, 2006

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was injured in a motorcycle accident this morning on Second Avenue near the 10th Street bridge, police said.
    The accident happened shortly before 11:25 a.m. He was not wearing a helmet. Police have closed down the bridge, Second Avenue and the Armstrong Tunnels.
    America needs a Tennessee Volunteer

Moron.
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

*PLEASE DO NOT UPSET THE STEELER FANS WITH ACTUAL NEWS FROM THE OUTSIDE WORLD!*

Yes we are pissed at him for riding without a helmet (even though he is probably going to be alright.) The bike is jacked. The windshield he hit his head on is jacked, but he remained conscious and should be fine. And yes, Mistress, he is a total moron--but one we need to make our 6th Superbowl run.

Louis
    I love the summer months!

Could it be Karmic retribution from last year's playoffs and Super Bowl?

ahhh...no. It could be Karmic retribution for them telling his dumb ass to wear a helmet last year and he ignoring their sage advice.

There are things in this world I just don't understand.

Now mind you, I'm not a football fan, and the only sport I avidly follow is soccer.

But, it seems that in any sport you have about 10 years where you can work and make a gazillion dollars before you get pushed out to pasture.

And it seems to me like a gazillion dollars and a chance to live your dream (even temporarily) would be enough to want to take care of yourself. Especially when the entire thing hinges on how well you can maintain your ability to use your body to play.

I just don't get it.
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

Intelligent Posts :11

hey M.....hes a steeler....lord knows they arent that inteligent out in Pitt anyways....

Okay Chief, you now officially have people lookin' for you!

One the real tho, that's a great point M. My take: once he retires from the sport after 10 more years and 3 more Superbowls (hopefully ), he can ride that motorcycle butt naked while standing on his head. What makes this case so stupid is that he was actually warned/asked to wear a helmet while riding early last year. His ignoring this request is the only thing I fault him for. Some say he shouldn't ride at all. Even though our helmet law was repealed three years ago, he should have still worn the helmet. If you've ever had the "pleasure" of driving in Pittsburgh, you'd know that there are two main hazards for car drivers, let alone motorcyclist: potholes and elderly drivers. No motorcyclist can live a lifetime and not successfully dodge both of these two; one of them is going to get you. Other than not wearing a helmet and riding a bike in the first place, his riding behavior during this incident was NOT reckless (unlike Winslow for Cleveland who was popping wheelies in the parking lot before he got tossed). An old fart who left turns in front of you would take out any cyclist.
    Last edited by Louis85; 06-16-2006 at 10:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread