+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what do all of you have planned for this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljak
    Yeah, you see... I read her post last week, and I thought on it and thought on it... read some Voltaire, meditated, did some psychotropic drugs, and then I cracked my knuckles and churned out that masterpiece.
    Seven days in the making, baby!
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alix
    While I wait for Psychoman to arrive for his vacation, I'll be writing a major research paper tracking public opinion in Ireland in the aftermath of the Easter Rising in 1916.

Yay for summer?
    Why, Alix, your summer sounds like the kind a history grad student would have! Are you a fellow geek?
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress M
    Why, Alix, your summer sounds like the kind a history grad student would have! Are you a fellow geek?
    How very observant of you. I am indeed a history grad student, at least until the fall when I join the working world.

Barney Freakin' Rubble

But, will you be painting your steps?
    I did the front step Friday and Saturday (prime, then color). That's even *worse* than the freakin eaves!!!
    Peace

How very observant of you. I am indeed a history grad student, at least until the fall when I join the working world.
    Come on, you know you'd rather be "riding your bike midday past the 3 piece suits"!!

So what kind of trouble can a history student get into in the "working world"?

So what kind of trouble can a history student get into in the "working world"?
    Damned if I know. Hopefully I'll figure something out. I can work for the government (at a nice payscale), but I might have to learn french first. It's times like this I wish Canada was colonized by the Germans (dann würde es sehr leichter eine Job zu finden.) Mind, you could also just accuse me of learning the wrong second language.

Damned if I know. Hopefully I'll figure something out. I can work for the government (at a nice payscale), but I might have to learn french first. It's times like this I wish Canada was colonized by the Germans (dann würde es sehr leichter eine Job zu finden.) Mind, you could also just accuse me of learning the wrong second language.
    You spent your entire childhood and teenage years growing up in a city where just about every sign is in both english and french, and you have to go and learn german as a second language. Geez.

I guess I understand though... french is annoying. I really can't preach, either... I used to know enought french and german to get by, but after living in the south for so long I can't remember anything. I think my english is suffering as well, which is quite scary. Soon I won't know any language. I will communicate with grunts and basic hand gestures.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMan
    You spent your entire childhood and teenage years growing up in a city where just about every sign is in both english and french, and you have to go and learn german as a second language. Geez.
    I think it's a rebellion thing sometimes though. Even though Spanish is obviously the more practical language in the U.S., I took French. Mainly because all the hispanic students in my school took Spanish and I was like: I'm not gunna compete with people who have been speaking this since birth and watch my GPA crash.

Of course, the irony is that by high school, most of the hispanic students had flunked out of Spanish.

Though, if you think about it...learning German caused me to go to Germany, where I met my bestfriend, who is now quadralingual with french as his mothertongue...if he can't teach me french, no one can. So, by learning German, I acquired the perfect private tutor for learning french. It just cost me a little more time than most people spend...but I will learn french! (hopefully) :P

I used to know enought french and german to get by, but after living in the south for so long I can't remember anything. I think my english is suffering as well, which is quite scary. Soon I won't know any language. I will communicate with grunts and basic hand gestures.
    You and me both. It's not like Newfoundland is a sanctuary for proper english. You've always been pretty good at getting your point across in as few words as possible, so I'm sure you'll be fine...your emails will probably get pretty weird though.

I think it's a rebellion thing sometimes though.
    And yeah, that's exactly what it was. Back in those days I loathed everything that had to do with french...now two of my bestfriends are french-Canadians, and I've matured out of the hating-things-for-spite phase of my life, so I wouldn't mind learning the language.

and I've matured out of the hating-things-for-spite phase of my life
    Not me. I will never go to Disneyland, read Harry Potter, or see a whole slew of movies just for spite.

Not me. I will never go to Disneyland, read Harry Potter, or see a whole slew of movies just for spite.
    you are missing out on a lot in life then...

there we go, just right. keep walking...

Well, I guess that depends on how you define "life."

My parents never took us to Disneyworld. Instead, they took the money and we went to such lame places as Europe, the Northwest, and the Caribbean.
    As an adult, I continue their boycott of Disney, preferring to spend my money on real castles instead of plastic ones.

And not wasting my time on such hyped up crap as Harry Potter books or movies like "Titanic" and "Shrek" has yet to leave a significant void in my life.

The same thing I do every summer, Pinky!!!
    Only thing worse than failure is not trying

try and take over the world!!!!
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

You're the man, Sikx!!

but brain...where are we gonna find rubber pants our size.,..ZOOOOOORT!
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

I've no time to ponder preposterous subject matter, Pinky!! I've devised a brilliant plot to get Be to post some exclusive new lyrics on the forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by syxxpm
    but brain...where are we gonna find rubber pants our size.,..ZOOOOOORT!
    that was a brilliant post

there we go, just right. keep walking...

Well, I guess that depends on how you define "life."

My parents never took us to Disneyworld. Instead, they took the money and we went to such lame places as Europe, the Northwest, and the Caribbean.
    As an adult, I continue their boycott of Disney, preferring to spend my money on real castles instead of plastic ones.
    I'm with you on that one. The only reason I went to disneyworld was because it was on someone elses dollar...and having been there, I can safetly advise people that their money would be much better spent on a plane ticket to Europe.

As for Harry Potter and what not...I now give everything a shot. I enjoy Harry Potter, (I also absolutely love A Series of Unfortunate Events, just because of the wonderful writing style)...but I have absolutely no desire to see the Titanic sink in realtime while an overly dramatic tragic love story takes place.

July 8: Ozzfest, San Bernardino, CA

July 9-13: Disneyland Resort

July 20: P.M.Dawn, San Fransico, CA
    Wake me up at 9:45.

+ Reply to Thread