+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To Be Continued

On the corner of Grey Street and at the end of the world

To Be Continued

I don't know if anyone remembers this group. But I was sitting alone and of course by doing that, my mind began to notice recurring themes. As I brooded, for some reason I found myself singing Mr. Wendell and Tennesse both by Arrested Development respectively which led me to singing United Front from their second album. The next thing I new I found myself singing One On One by the group called To Be Continued. As I'm writing this I am listening to that single which contains the song When The Lights Go Oot. And as always listening to classic you begin to reminisce, and feel that hunger that you had back then. (It's amazing what old songs can do) At any rate. As I'm listening to the tracks, and remembering where I was, and what I was doing one question popped in my head.

Whatever happened to these guys?!!!!!!!!!!

Why did a group as good as they were didn't go far, we'll never know. (oh yeah, I forgot we have the ultimate information superhighway known to the common folk as the internet, so I check that out as soon as I finish this) Maybe they were deemed as "Arrested Development Wannabes." I remember seeing their video on Video Vibrations (when it was fun to watch BET), wanted to by the album but didn't have the cream. However listening to this track gave me back the hunger that I lost since I left college, and awakened something inside of me that has been sleeping for a long time.

Now if you'll all excuse me I'm going to get some answers. If anyone does remember this group or any other artists who are no longer around today such as Tasmin Archer, Ephraim Lewis, or Garland Jefferys, that made a difference in your life a long time ago, feel free to drop a line.

Lata
    If it's my world too, then whose gold is this I'm digging out

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

Garland Jeffrey. I had a promo 7 inch about 15 years back of his cover of "96 Tears". It was tight.
    Keep your headphones on.

+ Reply to Thread