+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: General question for alcohol drinkers...

General question for alcohol drinkers...

I'm curious, for those that partake of imbibing...

What is your favorite "delivery method" of alcohol (shots, mixed drinks, straight out of the bottle, etc.) and what kind of alcohol is it (spirits, beer, wine, etc.)?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll go first.

I rarely have a drink at home. When I do, it's usually beer or wine.

My favorite drink for socializing is a mudslide, if the materials are available (1 part Irish Creme, 1 part Kahlúa, 1 part vodka - shaken, chilled, no ice in a lowball/old fashioned glass).

Next would be a double rum and coke with a splash of grenadine (in a highball/collins glass).

I like many beers, but prefer ales such as Fat Tire or Newcastle.

I like just about all wines (except dry reds) especially with meals or fruit & cheese.
    "...Because all you of Earth are idiots!" - Eros, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

I love Heineken. Last night, I drank 346 Heineken Lights (for the first time). Low cal, low carbs, whatever. They're just fine. (For the record, I'm working outside of the classroom today - that's not real work to me).

When I'm at a certain friend's house in the daytime, we drink fruity rum concoctions. At that same friend's house in the nighttime, we drink Heinekens.

At clubs and parties, I drink Heineken or Red Stripe, usually. If I'm broke and I want a good buzz, I'll just drink Henessy straight up.

If I'm going through a broke pay period, planning to stay home a lot, and I want to get drizunk a lot, I'll buy a bottle of Jose Cuervo and drink it straight-out-the-bottle. This takes a few weeks to finish it. I also used to drink tequila like this in Puerto Rico on New Year's Eve with my ex's abuelo (grandpa).

If I'm at my dad's I'll drink whatever exotic beer they have over there. Three's the limit at his house.

While in Puerto Rico, I drink Medalla beer excessively. As a matter of fact, whenever I travel, I try out the local beer; if I like it, I'll stick with it for the rest of the trip.

I occasionally enjoy a good Cuba Libre (rum and coke), either at home or at a party/out on the town.

I like to accompany all drinking experiences with a few 20oz. bottles of water. This keeps my little friend, Mr.Hangover, in check.
    Last edited by wendyful04; 04-21-2006 at 06:14 AM.

I have never consumed an alchoholic drink ever, but please tell me this is some "kind" of drink or a typo...
    Quote Originally Posted by wendyful04
    Last night, I drank 346 Heineken Lights

there we go, just right. keep walking...

My favorite delivery is a good strong Captain & Coke.

When I drink beer, Newcastle is hands down my favorite.
    If I'm in a lighter beer mood, a good weis like Blue Moon or 312 hits the spot.
    A real light beer? Sprecher Amber Light is the bomb.

And to me, the only real shot is whiskey. Jameson is my preference.
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

Perfect night of drinking... pitcher of beer, can you say PBR(so I am cheap), an Irish Car Bomb, a Yager Bomb and a if it's going to be a long night a few more beers.

My most average drinking night, a pitcher in a half of bud light/miller light. (I don't drive when I get drunk)

I used to drink captain and cokes, still can, don't like the buzz as much as with cheap nasty, but delicious, beer.

Favorite shots; Yager, Goldschlager, BlackHaus, Irish Car Bomb.

Favorite beers; Rolling Rock, Corona, Honey Brown out of a keg, most stouts.

Favorite liquors; Amaretto, Irish Cream, Captain Morgan, Vodka.

Worst sickness; having one too many wiskey cokes... or tequila shots.
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

uhmm...cranberry juice with a twist of lime.

(and make sure you water it down, cause I'll be flyin' after 3 of them! )
    I love the summer months!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmeister
    I have never consumed an alchoholic drink ever, but please tell me this is some "kind" of drink or a typo...
    Respect.

I love me a cadillac margarita on the rocks. I'm with Brian on the Captain & Coke too. That's pretty nice, too.

Long island iced tea if I want to get blasted.

I can drink about 3/4 of any beer before it just starts to taste like ass to me (not that I know what ass tastes like. It's just an expression, people!)

I like some white wines. Usually the sweeter, the better. Yeah, I know, that's what amatuers drink.

For shots, I like tequila.
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

I've recently discovered single malt scotch, and in Florida last month discovered Glen Fiddich single malt scotch. It is the best liquor I have ever tasted, by far! It's even better than the Johnny Walker Blue that I had when i met my older brother for the first time a couple of months back, and that was $200 a bottle! This weekend Yvette and I shared a liter of 15 year old Glen Fiddich and it was HEAVEN! It was so good that Yvette was even drinking it straight! Without ice!

Unfortunately, it's too expensive to drink regularly ($37 for .750 Liter of 12 year), so Ketel One vodka is still our norm.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

i stick to lemonade and kool-aid

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

Barney Freakin' Rubble

Hmmm... For bear that I like - well most any free beer is good (they were giving away free Heinekin Lights at the PM Dawn concert in ATL). Cheap beer - bud light or Miller light. Beer I like for taste: a good Austrian or German Heffe Wise!

I don't like the taste of grain alcohols much, so a good Long Island may start me off (then switch to beer).

I like a (not too dry) Merlot with steak, or a sweet Riesling with pasta or fish. I like a good sweet Riesling after dinner for special occations.

I like sweet drinks, so blend away with a good Jamaican rum (strawberry, bananna, papaya, etc). Mudslides are also good. NO flattened sodas!

Absolutely NO tequila (mixed in my beer once made me sick - the smell of it makes me ill now).

Favorites? Free or cheap - I am not picky and I like a variety. Of course, I don't drink that much, so I might not be one to pay attention to.
    Peace

Don't Disturb this Groove

I've never had beer.... don't like the smell.

Love mixed fruity drinks and margaritas.... with a meal or something. If I'm going out and the objective is just to drink I prefer shots, once I'm feelin good it's not uncommon for me to drink vodka from the bottle. I like dry wines, but a little will go a long way with me.

I like dark beer.. various mix drinks..

I try to keep it simple..
    -TheXodus-

BEER. Brew my own, usually very dark. I do it the old fashioned way so it's like something you'd gulp down after a joust.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmeister

It's the way we speak down here. A bit of an exaggeration...

I think that I have figured out why I have been sick lately...

Basically I am allergic to something, that creates histamine throughout my body, that triggers my stomach to produce extra acid, that makes me be/feel sick which also may explain my gastrointestinal issues... It also explains the hives/rashes I have been getting...

What does that have to do with this thread? I think that I am allergic to something in alcohol. Be it grains, sulfides, something else, I am not sure. So I have only drank 4 times in the past 2 months but they have always been bad experiences, but now I know why. This isn't confirmed yet, but I think that is why.

How crazy is that?

Never allergic to the stuff, then whammo - allergic. Hopefully it isn't to all alcohol(which is very rare), I might just not be able to drink certain things. At least I know why I have been sick the last month, I think.

Wow, I just found out I'm allergic to spinach (go figure). The last time I had a reaction I had to go to the emergency room. That was the third time in the last month I had the reaction and I finally put it together what was making me sick. I've never been allergic to spinach before either. Just happened this month.

However, I am on an intestinal cleanse for the past month and a half as well, so it may be that I'm just extra sensitive to it while on the cleanse.

Anyway, I hope you find out what it is making you sick.
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

thanks Chris, spinach huh, that sucks(I love me some spinach). Yeah, I find it strange that you can tolerate something just fine for your whole life then you can wake up and be allergic to something. I wonder why that is. I am glad that I haven't had really bad reactions to whatever is bad for me, that would suck without insurance.

Imagine if you woke up one day and found you we're allergic to beer, Scott.
    I love the summer months!

Intelligent Posts :11

that is not nice louis...now take that back and play nice

+ Reply to Thread