+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from ATL

Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo D
    Hey Tree, I'm not saying that it's "no big deal", because it is one if it is to you.

I'm curious though, just what exactly do you think that JC did in the group, and what exactly do you base that assumption on?

I'm assumming that he did the production on the first 2 albums..and some of Jesus Wept.

I think I read somewhere that he really didn't have much to do with Dearest Christian and that might explain why there is a noticable difference in the sound and I thought the music for that album was lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by TrEEtheRealest
    I'm assumming that he did the production on the first 2 albums..and some of Jesus Wept.

I think I read somewhere that he really didn't have much to do with Dearest Christian and that might explain why there is a noticable difference in the sound and I thought the music for that album was lackluster.
    And again, you are ASSUMING. What exactly are you basing that assumption on?

Let me give you a hint. If Jarret had done the beats and music on a song he should've gotten songwriting credit. Look through those albums of yours and tell me how many J. Cordes' you see.

BTW, the music changed on Dearest Christian because they decided not to use any samples, which are VERY expensive and a bitch to clear. For MY money the music is beautiful.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

THE IMPOSTOR OF THE DAWN Doo-DooHead's Avatar

4 Stars in Rolling Stones Magazine is Lackluster?
    I STOLE THE PM DAWN NAME FROM PRINCE BE'S WIFE AND KIDS,
    WHILE PRINCE BE WAS FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE IN THE HOSPITAL ON LIFE SUPPORT!!!!!!
    I'M DOO-DOO HEAD!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrGiggles
    4 Stars in Rolling Stones Magazine is Lackluster?
    Not entering my CD player as much as other albums is what makes it lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo D
    And again, you are ASSUMING. What exactly are you basing that assumption on?

Let me give you a hint. If Jarret had done the beats and music on a song he should've gotten songwriting credit. Look through those albums of yours and tell me how many J. Cordes' you see.

BTW, the music changed on Dearest Christian because they decided not to use any samples, which are VERY expensive and a bitch to clear. For MY money the music is beautiful.
    Being that you are Mr. Omniscient, you tell me what the purpose of J.C. was, so I don't have to "ASSUME" anymore. Are you trying to say he was just a face they put on the album covers who didn't do a thing except DJ at the concerts??

Being that you are Mr. Omniscient, you tell me what the purpose of J.C. was, so I don't have to "ASSUME" anymore. Are you trying to say he was just a face they put on the album covers who didn't do a thing except DJ at the concerts??
    I am Mr. Omniscient? Once again somebody finds fault with me for something, when all I have done is speak to them casually. Makes me wonder why I bother sometimes.

As for the answer to your question, basically... yes.
    Alright
    Yeah...

P.M. Dawn never stood 4 Prince be & Minutemix. It was always about Lighting the darkest hour. It's always good to have someone with you at all times that you can count on to provide that extra spark you need when you get Low on energy. I believe JC was that person until he stopped being Loyal, & trustworthy, I can't put it into words but if you ever loved another person
    you were related to and then had them spit in your face, you would understand what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGiggles
    P.M. Dawn never stood 4 Prince be & Minutemix.
    I wouldn't say never. It was presented to me as that, which is why I refused to use it. When you have 1 artist with so much talent and capability, it makes no sense to add a Milli or a Vanilli to him. I gave in on giving Jarret producer's credit because that is the way that production teams work sometimes, with 1 partner doing the brunt (or in this case ALL) of the work. I was still against even that though.

If Be had listened to me way back then, he'd be a multi-millionaire now.

There, that's my "I told you so" of the week!
    Alright
    Yeah...

Well...there's some info, but there are always 2 sides to every story. I can never develop an opinion on something without both sides.

Well...there's some info, but there are always 2 sides to every story. I can never develop an opinion on something without both sides.
    Seems to me that you already did.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljak
    Seems to me that you already did.
    That's what I was gonna say.
    Alright
    Yeah...

How exactly did I take ones side?? By asking questions? Inform me of what side I have taken and what I said that means I have taken that side. I'd love to know.

It's not that you asked questions, its the way you worded the questions that give the impression you have already formed an opinion.

the questions are leading.

there we go, just right. keep walking...

Quote Originally Posted by Harmeister
    It's not that you asked questions, its the way you worded the questions that give the impression you have already formed an opinion.

the questions are leading.

I felt I had to do it that way. The one side already had many people on this board, and I figured the other side can't really speak for themselves, so I didn't feel like just accepting everything they said as fact. Lots of times when I hear one side of a story it doesn't make sense. Like "Julie broke up with me. She's such a bitch!" but don't mention the fact that they cheated on her a couple of times. It's one of those things that don't make much sense. Just putting a guy on the album and considering him as part of a gorup that he did nothing for?? and that person just being a dick? I mean, most people don't do "dick" things on purpose. They usually think what they are doing in their head is the right thing.

It's just me against the world. haha. or it sure seems like it on the board.

Let it go, dude... just let it go.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljak
    Let it go, dude... just let it go.
    I'm just trying to figure out why the sound of P.M. Dawn changed up in my opinion. Hardly any rapping...not any hip hop. Mainly just R & B sounding songs with R & B beats. I'm trying to pinpoint that maybe the fact J.C. left that's why the sound changed. That's why I'm passionate about this. Music means a lot to me and I want to know why many artists (mainly hip hop artists) totally change their sound with the times instead of making it timeless.

I'm just trying to figure out why the sound of P.M. Dawn changed up in my opinion. Hardly any rapping...not any hip hop. Mainly just R & B sounding songs with R & B beats. I'm trying to pinpoint that maybe the fact J.C. left that's why the sound changed. That's why I'm passionate about this. Music means a lot to me and I want to know why many artists (mainly hip hop artists) totally change their sound with the times instead of making it timeless.
    Tree, JC just left. The sound changed first when "I'd Die Without You" was a smash and a decision was made to move more in that direction, and then further in "Dearest Christian" when they moved away from sampling, mostly for economic reasons. JC was just as involved at the same level from "Ode" to "F@cked" and beyond, right up until last year. What you seem to be having a hard time coming to grips with is that the level to which he has been involved has ranged from hardly to not at all.

BTW... nobody laments their move away from Hip-Hop more than I, as I have expressed many times here.
    Alright
    Yeah...

I'm sorry to anybody have pissed off.

A special sorry goes to Dr. Giggles.

I'm sorry to anybody have pissed off.

A special sorry goes to Dr. Giggles.
    Dude I Appreciate it, but I respect your opinion. I don't always like what I see
    on the forum but I Love Everybody!!! Speaking of Love May I say That Mistress M missed her calling a long time ago!!! She should've been a freaking Model or actress I swear!!! She was so cool and Hilarious at Cozmo's BBQ ,
    I only wish i could get to know more of you guys Like that!!!

Dean God Bless You, & Your family, It was an honor to meet your wife and kids, and i thank you 4 all the love you continue to send my way.

Be and I have just got back from the carolina show, it was cool!!! we even invited the crowd on stage to chill with us, it was all love!!!
    And yes Tim They loved BlissBoyz Bangin it!!!LOL

Gotta run call me on the cell , Brian (221 & eternal) call me about nashville,
    and tell saint hax to answer a private email sometime DAMMIT!!!LOL

thats awesome, i wish i could have gone. see you in charlotte!

+ Reply to Thread