+ Reply to Thread

Thread: whats up with cokes new drink?

whats up with cokes new drink?

I just bought some but I'm letting it get cold.. its called Coke Blak.. and I have no idea what its supposed to taste like.. looks like some coffee type coke?

fill us in.. forum members

or i'll fill u in after the first sip.. in a few hours
    -TheXodus-

Hmm never heard of it...

why they gotta keep messing with a good thing? I only drink classic coke. None of the diet shit, none of the lemon/lime/cherry/fruity crap. Just plain, classic coke.

So what new monstrosity have they concocted now?
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

Its not bad.. I just tried it..

I think its a blend of diet coke and coffee..

I love coffee.. and i dont like those fake'ish tasting coffee drinks.. this one has a lot of carbination.. which is a good thing for this type of drink, cause you dont want a syrup-ish flat tastin coffee drink... pepsi and starbucks failed badly at this..

this one might stick around..
    -TheXodus-

Whys it gotta be black?

I can see some not likin this.. but its cool with me.. since im a coke fan.. and a coffee lover..
    -TheXodus-

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

Fuc that. Drink Vault!!!!!!!

I love Surge...er...I mean...Vault!
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

im holding out for chocolate coke,....insulin shock here i come
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

I like coffee (just about all forms) and I like Coca-Cola.

But this marriage of both? Yeech!

It's Coke with coffee extract. They also throw in some Aspartame (artificial sweetener) probably to help emphasize the "bitter" taste of coffee.

It comes in an 8oz. bottle and costs about as much as the current energy drinks out there.

Save your money and just buy a 20oz. Coke and add a shot of espresso to it.

Or, if you're looking for a real caffeine jolt, buy some Bawls.
    "...Because all you of Earth are idiots!" - Eros, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkman
    Or, if you're looking for a real caffeine jolt, buy some Bawls.
    Does it taste like real guaraná? Guaraná is one of the few things on the earth in which caffiene occurs naturally, you just have to squeeze it you don't even have to dry and/or steep it. And I like the taste of guaraná, I really don't like even the smell of coffee.

there we go, just right. keep walking...

and for those with way too much time on their hands (ie me when the kids are in bed):

Caffeine Chart
    http://www.guarana.com/cafchart.html

I find it pretty interesting myself (btw, a 1.5 oz chocolate bar (mentioned at the bottom) is a normal size candy bar, in case you were wondering)

Speaking of caffine, and since no doz was on the list, i thought of an experiment at work a month or so ago because we sell no doz.

what do you think would happen if someone took a dose of No Doz and a dose of Stay Awake at the same time? Would they just cancel each other out and leave you neutral, or would your body do some crazy stuff? I haven't found anyone to be the lab rat yet, and i don't really want anybody to end up in the hospital, so anyone with theories or scientific doctory answers, throw 'em out.

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

can

Quote Originally Posted by Terrick
    Speaking of caffine, and since no doz was on the list, i thought of an experiment at work a month or so ago because we sell no doz.

what do you think would happen if someone took a dose of No Doz and a dose of Stay Awake at the same time? Would they just cancel each other out and leave you neutral, or would your body do some crazy stuff? I haven't found anyone to be the lab rat yet, and i don't really want anybody to end up in the hospital, so anyone with theories or scientific doctory answers, throw 'em out.
    no doz, and stay awake?
    your heart would probally explode, or at least get enlarged
    those are two uppers right?
    i've taken dayquil and nyquil at the same time... just felt sorta sleepy....and out of it.

err, i meant no doz and whatever the one is called that helps you sleep. i'll have to check the name next time i work.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmeister
    On the chart, it says Guarana Soda 12 oz. has about 30mg of caffeine.

I think you'll find that Bawls has much more. Along the lines of 80 mg. per 12 oz. serving. Ref: http://www.bawls.com/faqs.html

That's about as much caffeine as a shot of espresso; around 100 mg., depending on type of roast.

Does it taste like real guaraná?...And I like the taste of guaraná, I really don't like even [like] the smell of coffee.
    Honestly, I have never tried guarana berries (although I am interested), so I don't know exactly what they taste like. Bawls has a slightly tangy flavor with a mild fizzyness. If you've ever had one of those Japanese Ramune drinks, a.k.a. marble drinks, it's similar to that but with a fruitier tang.

Mmmmm...blue bawls.

On the chart, it says Guarana Soda 12 oz. has about 30mg of caffeine.
    this is refferring to *regular* guaraná soda's, like Guaraná Antartica, or Guaraná Brahma. It's interesting in Brazil that the people who make guaraná soda's are also the largest producers of beer in the country...

I think you'll find that Bawls has much more. Along the lines of 80 mg. per 12 oz. serving. Ref: http://www.bawls.com/faqs.html
    I looked at the faq and couldn't find the amount. It has a lot in other words.

Honestly, I have never tried guarana berries (although I am interested), so I don't know exactly what they taste like.
    You need to try a different guaraná soda (a Brazillian soda). I prefer Guaraná Antartica, but Brahma or Brazillia are ok as well.

can

err, i meant no doz and whatever the one is called that helps you sleep. i'll have to check the name next time i work.
    something like ambien, but that is perscription,
    i think it would not be good for you, i imagine it would make your heart work against it's self, or something to that extent....

...what do you think would happen if someone took a dose of No Doz and a dose of Stay Awake at the same time? Would they just cancel each other out and leave you neutral, or would your body do some crazy stuff?...
    Did you mean something like No Doz and Sominex together? Something used to stay awake and something used as a sleep aid?

BTW, the "sleep-aid" commonly found in OTC products such as Sominex, Nytol and Tylenol PM is Diphenhydramine hydrochloride...otherwise known as Benadryl.

So, you get sleepy and block histamines (allergies) from bothering you at the same time!

...I looked at the faq and couldn't find the amount. It has a lot in other words....
    Third question down from the top of the page.

...You need to try a different guaraná soda (a Brazillian soda). I prefer Guaraná Antartica, but Brahma or Brazillia are ok as well.
    I might have to go looking for one of these to try it.

This what you mean?

...and lookie here! Bonk Guarana soda must be made especially for me!
    Last edited by Bonkman; 04-13-2006 at 07:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread