+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PM Dawn VHS Of the Heart...

Barney Freakin' Rubble

PM Dawn VHS Of the Heart...

Anyone seen the PM Dawn VHS Of the Heart, Of the Soul, and Of the Cross? Any thoughts? I did not know that there was commentary by Be and JC before each video. Very interesting and enlightening...

The VHS I picked up has 5 videos plus a bonus. Is this the only video collection? I thought I had seen the description of a VHS of PM Dawn videos that had significantly more than 5 videos, but I can't find it...

Anyone know who the magician is in Paper Doll?

Anyone know who the woman is in the alternative Reality video?

Anyone know of a good but cheap way to put VHS to digital video (DVD, etc) to preserve it?
    Peace

If you have a digital camcorder like a Sony...do this

Hook up the camcorder to your VCR via the RCA/Svid jacks then run the firewire from the camcorder into your computer. Use the free Windows Movie Maker to capture the video.

You can then work with it from there. Very easy

Barney Freakin' Rubble

I was thinking about that... I have a Sony DCR-TRV38 (writes to mini DV tape). So, are you saying to record from the vhs directly to the camera? Then do a normal transfer from the camera to the PC? If so, what setting do I use for the camera to accept input for recording instead of the lens? I have 4 modes:
    1) VCR - I usually play back in this mode (but it does have an "R" in the name)
    2) Off
    3) Camera - I typically record through the lens this way
    4) Memory - I think that is for stills to the memory stick
    Is it using #3 while having the VCR plugged into the Audio/Video mini jack?

Or are you suggesting that it is done at once, with the camera acting like some sort of go between?

I'll start reading the manual, but if you have experience with this, please let me know how to get the best quality transfer - so far everything is free or I already have it.

Anyone else done this before?
    Peace

Barney Freakin' Rubble

Oh, I did finally find the other video - Video Collection - 12 videos - released in 1998. Anyone seen it? Is it just videos? Or is there additional footage like interviews, commentary, or intros by PM Dawn?
    Peace

Barney Freakin' Rubble

Quote Originally Posted by pmFan
    I was thinking about that... I have a Sony DCR-TRV38 (writes to mini DV tape). So, are you saying to record from the vhs directly to the camera? Then do a normal transfer from the camera to the PC? If so, what setting do I use for the camera to accept input for recording instead of the lens?
    I couldn't find the manual, so I downloaded it from Sony. Looks simple enough. Any idea how good the A/D converter is in Sony Handycams? I'll give it a shot in the next couple of weeks.

Maybe this is also a way to convert 12" vinyl to CD (connect turntable RCA out to camcorder, dump the video to computer via firewire, rip sound from video on the computer). Hmmm....
    Peace

I have them both.

There's also a tape out there with the full video of 'You Got Me Floatin'.
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

Barney Freakin' Rubble

Quote Originally Posted by Brian221
    I have them both.
    So, does the 12 song video contain intros (like the 5 song video), interviews, or anything else extra besides the 12 songs?
    Peace

Nope - the "Dearest Christian" video collection is just the videos...nothing special.
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

Barney Freakin' Rubble

Hmmm... I might still pick that one up, but I am really glad I got the Of the Heart video collection... nice...
    Peace

Barney Freakin' Rubble

HA! I found the video collection! Can't wait to hear it!
    Peace

+ Reply to Thread