+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Words, and how we use them

Words, and how we use them

I was looking at a site called wordcount.org, which lists the most commonly used words in the English language. I found it particularly interesting to find out about the usage of pronouns.
    it - 8
    i - 11
    he - 15
    they - 28
    she - 30
    we - 33
    I was really surprised that she was used so much less frequently than he, considering that there are just as many she's as there are he's.
    Another interesting thing is that some of the words listed in ranking order start to form phrases and sentences. A couple that really stand out are:
    words 992-995: America ensure oil opportunity
    and considering the latest news items about the UN trying to form a body to regulate Internet communications worldwide:
    words 30523-30525: despotism clinching internet
    It's almost like "The Bible Code".
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

Your funny.

I think girls type e-mails gossiping about other girls.. that's probably the main cause of the sex gap thing there.

Hey did you know if you multiply 111,111 times 111,111 you get 1-2-3-4-5-5-4-3-2-1 ? Even stranger is that I found that out by tuning into invisible waves that travel through the air. It was just a clock radio... but it made me think "can I trust the unseen?" Like radio waves or logic.

kick ass post, I am so into stuff like this.

I think I use the words "Me" and "I" more than any other words, I in many respects I don't really like myself, but when I am around other people for some reason that is all I can talk about. It sucks, especially because that is not what I really want to convey, but what am I gonna do?

yeah areo, 1's multiplies by 1's always do that, the up and down "stair" thing. But check your numbers man, 111,111 times 111,111 equals 12,345,654,321... but your idea was spot on. My most favorite books to read have been math books, not the scholastic ones, the ones about people figuring out long unknown problems("impossible problems"). For example I loved "Uncle Petros, and Goldbachs Conjecture."
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

Barney Freakin' Rubble

Quote Originally Posted by justafan
    My most favorite books to read have been math books, not the scholastic ones, the ones about people figuring out long unknown problems("impossible problems"). For example I loved "Uncle Petros, and Goldbachs Conjecture."
    You're a sick puppie! Did you major in Math?
    Peace

puzzling and interesting all into one
    A. the word count B. the bible code
    The history channel had a few interesting shows on the bible code that I missed entirely. *sigh good thread for the illogical types that find these patterns to be the bigger mysteries
    The Father's letter is for you. His ways are higher than ours. It takes time to grow a seed and bear good fruit. Rebuke the devourer. The battle is the Lord's and He will be victorious.

If that makes me crazy then that's okay.
    Reverence for the Father and his instructions outweighs all else.
    In all directions, love one another give us grace for agreement with Your will.
    Leaving all else behind us.
    I love you God; show me the real truth not idols.
    Pleading the blood on life and the world all over.
    so be it.

kick ass post, I am so into stuff like this.

I think I use the words "Me" and "I" more than any other words, I in many respects I don't really like myself, but when I am around other people for some reason that is all I can talk about. It sucks, especially because that is not what I really want to convey, but what am I gonna do?
    Are you serious? That's a bold statement. I hope it's not true... If it is, maybe your just being true and honest, you may feel you lack outside input in a way.
    I like myself but I often feel others dislike me... So I use to talk about myself or things regarding me in order to find some social validity or at least understanding. With the aim of finding a welcome place outside my own. These past few years I've run out of energy doing that. Now I just try to make sure I'm understood in conversation.
    You can't not like yourself justafan.. that's not O.K., and It's not true at your core, I'm willing to bet.

Word's and how we use them???

Get this. I like myself so much that I'm ready to jump off a bridge in hopes of saving myself from this lifetime. The thought that one day I would be successful at it makes me happy. For real.

Thats how to use words to say something off topic in leisure world.

Quote Originally Posted by pmFan
    You're a sick puppie! Did you major in Math?
    Nah, actually math is the only subject that I don't get A's in throughout college. For some reason I am really good at lower level math(gradeschool stuff, lol) and never was able to focus and learn anything beyond that.

To areo, I do like myself. I just don't like some facets of me(like everyone else) and I think that some/many people don't like many facets of me(due to my social ineptitude). There is not much I can do about it, either I can change myself or stay away from people that I don't get along with. I am employing a little bit of both sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljak
    I was really surprised that she was used so much less frequently than he, considering that there are just as many she's as there are he's.
    That's because when talking about unidentified people, we're more likely to use male pronouns: "If a person was to go to Tribecca, he would find the best clubs on..."
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress M
    That's because when talking about unidentified people, we're more likely to use male pronouns: "If a person was to go to Tribecca, he would find the best clubs on..."
    I considered that, too, but I don't know if that alone can explain the large disparity.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

And it cracks me up the nigger is ranked 49.
    I love the summer months!

Nah, actually math is the only subject that I don't get A's in throughout college. For some reason I am really good at lower level math(gradeschool stuff, lol) and never was able to focus and learn anything beyond that.

To areo, I do like myself. I just don't like some facets of me(like everyone else) and I think that some/many people don't like many facets of me(due to my social ineptitude). There is not much I can do about it, either I can change myself or stay away from people that I don't get along with. I am employing a little bit of both sometimes.

maths eh ? check this http://www.numberspiral.com/
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ETHERSPIN
    sweet, my computer was broken this whole week, but it is back up. I just checked this out, it was cool. I was totally with it until page 5, then I got a bit lost and my brain was wondering.

Barney Freakin' Rubble

Quote Originally Posted by ETHERSPIN
    Holy Cow! This stuff is great!!! I gotta show my wife!
    Peace

+ Reply to Thread