+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else notice this?

Quote Originally Posted by humanity_Sin_egma
    What was it that made it fun?
    Sense of humor, common interests, bootay pics?
    All of the above.

Mostly it was the sense of humor and sense of family. In fact, the only true common interest that we ALL shared outside of PM Dawn was that feeling of family, and knowing that no matter how raucous we got with each other either in threads or in the chat room we were down with each other no matter what.

There was a time that I thought that I had found an entire forum of friends-for-life, even though I had never met any of them. This was really important to me at the time personally because my life-long best friend had moved to Florida, my cousin who had always been like my brother was no longer talking to me, and my other life-long best friend was so overwhelmed in his own personal life that we barely saw each other anymore. This place became my therapy, and I ended up doing what I had once swore that I never would, spending most of my time on the internet.

In truth, I still feel like I have found friends-for-life here, like Chief, Syxx, FrEk, Ether, Hero and Harm, but the sense of family here is dead and buried. Any sign of fun that starts to emerge is usually swiftly stifled by anger, oversensitivity, vacating members or threats of banishment. The kicker for me was when Hax threatened the admins for posting Is*it*my*turn's bootay pic, and then followed that up with something on a personal level that told me that he didn't consider me the friend that I had always considered him.

So now, I just come here because I feel obligated to Be and most of the rest of you, and go elsewhere for my fun.

I honestly don't even know that I won't face some sort of repercussions for saying this...
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Wow~I feel that and for you all.
    If it makes any difference, the feeling of family n then losing that is a kicker.

Most misunderstandings start that way and I'm sorry. Been there myself, but it's cool you said something.
    Last Thursday, Lew, Sam. and I pulled up to the ATM near my house. Usually I wait, if there's not a big crowd, until whomever is in is finished with their biz. So the guy gets out and into his suv. I go in, get my money and leave, going to cross behind his truck, then hear "Hey there, Donna." omg I haven't said that in years and see an ex boyfriend I never expected to see and didn't even recognize. Was totally surprised he even knew who I was. Bad shit went down between us and I'm not made for the casual fun type of dating deals. But you know what I really was impressed with the patience and maturity he showed in sticking around to say hi. I said hey back and asked him how he was doing. He looked down and then looked me in the eye and smiled. I just nodded my head and walked away. What else is there to say, but the feeling of forgiveness and being able to walk in someone elses shoes was a good thing. That's my wish for here. I only share this 'cause it's not about I, me, you in the story, but if anyone can relate~ cool. Life is too damn short for stuff to get in the way of our joy. Oh, Hax or whomever, I can relate to the oversensitive stuff too. None of us are perfect and it's okay. Pride and ego for myself cause I can't speak for others is a waste of energy. ...peace and hope that familyfeelin comes back
    that's the beauty here and i think why some of us still stick around
    takes courage to tell it like it is and not worry about rep, and all that crap
    *shutting up now

Quote Originally Posted by HieroHero
    I don't think you can get back what we had..it was another time.. a new pm dawn album some fresh meat and coz asking for bootay pics and maybe it will be fun again lol.. you can never predict the future..
    I really miss Coz asking for bootay pics. After he quit, I tried to carry on his bootay-questing legacy, but alas, my shoulders were just not broad enough to wear the mantle...
    I didn't even know that there was a whole episode going on concerning that certain bootay pic. I knew it was online for five minutes and never again saw the light of day, but I had no idea of the turbulent situation that was going on just under the surface.
    Y'all may say that this place is just a ghost of its former self, but I belong to several forums, and this place, even if it is in a diminished state, is still my favorite.

I hope all y'all oldheads patch up your old drama, and start having fun here again. Coz is right: the love of an artist is not enough to power a forum-- There needs to be a strong sense of community to make this thing work.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

coz hit in in more ways than one.. besides the dramas this is still a place of friends and i *think* who the real ones are...

think ....
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

should we re-invite the ban-ees??? haha naaaah i still couldnt cope with tinker!!!!!
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

A slightly different perspective...

I've been reading this forum for as long as it's been around... and it still looks pretty much the same to me. Members come and go, conversations come and go, drama comes and goes. In my opinion, people take things a little too seriously around here, but everyone's got issues so I expect that will always be the case.

The bottom line is that I hope people realize that this forum transcends its regular members. It is the ONLY place for fans to get current information about PM Dawn... and yes, there are still fans out there. I read this forum every day just hoping that there will be a smidgen of news about PM Dawn. Obsessive? Maybe. I regard this forum as the only link I have to a band that I love.

FWIW, I will again take this opportunity to send my kudos to Hax for maintaining it, and to Coz who seems to be one of the few people around here who really has their head screwed on straight.

in my case

a. i have a job that takes 9 hours of my day from 3pm-midnite not counting driving to and from...5 days a week with the days always changing...and whenever im on here...nobody save occasionally for coz chief and hax are on here...

b.i havent been inspired to right anything in a while...i mean i do some witty posts on here but im basically more concerned about how everyone is doing...
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

I like what coz said.. people who come here for news about pm dawn and dont post they are still here.. but we had a cool little family going and it was very fun.. because we were all such different people..still down with everyone like coz, chief, hax, be, frek, atma, syxx whatever happens anyway
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo D
    In truth, I still feel like I have found friends-for-life here, like Chief, Syxx, FrEk, Ether, Hero and Harm
    oh.
    Keep your headphones on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljak
    I really miss Coz asking for bootay pics. After he quit, I tried to carry on his bootay-questing legacy, but alas, my shoulders were just not broad enough to wear the mantle...
    Ok, see, I'm sorry...maybe I'm one of the over-sensitive ones, but the bootay pics was one of the reasons I left for awhile. It was funny at first, but after awhile I kinda felt really marginalized and harassed with request after request after joke after joke. I couldn't even post anything real or serious without someone saying "hey, show us your bootay." One of the things I always liked about it around here is that (having grown up a tomboy) this was a place I could chill and feel like "one of the guys." But the bootay pic stuff made me feel like a piece of meat after awhile, and it really sucked. Especially when someone went into my account even and posted pics under my name as a joke. So I'm sorry it's not as exciting, and maybe it's over-sensitive, but I'm sure as hell glad that shyte finally died.
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

yeah well that kind of over sensity is what fucked this place up.. what we said was never taken personally I dont think..and we joked a lot.. maybe other people didnt get it.. but we did

Quote Originally Posted by HieroHero
    yeah well that kind of over sensity is what fucked this place up.. what we said was never taken personally I dont think..and we joked a lot.. maybe other people didnt get it.. but we did
    Hero, I hear what you are saying, but are you listening to what Mistress was saying? I think that you should have said 'what we said was never SUPPOSED to be taken personally.' Because intention has nothing to do with others perception. If other people get offended at something(which it sounds like mistress was) that you are doing - and you see nothing wrong with it, then there is a problem. I am not placing blame, just stating that a divide is formed when thing like that happen.

I was hear when the sensitivity thing was at its peak - everyone was just freaking out. It was a real crazy time(when elizabeth left). I think that equal doses of sensitivity to other peoples ways and respect for other peoples ways would be the ideal equation. It's a win win - if no one ever feels slighted, taken advantage of, or any of that and also has a laugh at the jokes and gains positive things from this site. I am sure that everyone here is trying to live their lives trying to be good, get good, feel good and live good.

So let's all comprehend our similar and different aspect - feel our common interests together - and focus on making everything that we do a positive thing in our lives. As the Dalai Lama would say - we need to develope compassion for each other.

I have to stop typing now or I am going to blow up. Rarely do I take such a pussee-@zz positive attitude and I don't want you guys to get the wrong idea about me - maybe I will go and write a morbid poem in Musings now - lol
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

people need to put things in CONTEXT first.. if you dont know someone, how can you judge their comments...well fuck mistress she's just filler..see yall guys later.. im outta here like Be..

this too shall pass?
    read something like this vibe here:
    http://blogs.health.yahoo.com/expert...to-forgiveness
    Basically he says, "In reading some of the comments, I realize that no matter what I say and how I word it there will always be someone that I unintentionally hurt."
    Then closes with, "Please forgive me, and I will forgive myself and you,
    Rodney Yee"
    wtf why not it's not an us versus them thang anyways
    it'd be cool to have that sense of humor, but sometimes as a compassionate observer the realization is people are made up of different gifts etc.
    chillin' on the ego trippin' thing and understanding others pov sounds about right on both counts
    hoping it just slides

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress M
    Ok, see, I'm sorry...maybe I'm one of the over-sensitive ones, but the bootay pics was one of the reasons I left for awhile. It was funny at first, but after awhile I kinda felt really marginalized and harassed with request after request after joke after joke. I couldn't even post anything real or serious without someone saying "hey, show us your bootay." One of the things I always liked about it around here is that (having grown up a tomboy) this was a place I could chill and feel like "one of the guys." But the bootay pic stuff made me feel like a piece of meat after awhile, and it really sucked. Especially when someone went into my account even and posted pics under my name as a joke. So I'm sorry it's not as exciting, and maybe it's over-sensitive, but I'm sure as hell glad that shyte finally died.
    That shows a great deal of hypocrisy on your part, M.
    Considering that, for as long as I have been reading your posts, you have been the one lambasting other posters and society at large for their archaic, prudish views on sex, you shrink and sputter like a salted snail when someone gives you a good-natured teasing about wanting a peek at your butt? That's bullshit. Now, I grant you, I don't condone someone going into your account (that is a bit much), but other than that, jokes are just jokes.
    A web forum populated by adults is going to be full of innuendoes and the like; that's just par for the course. If you don't like the jokes, why don't you show a little chutzpah next time around and tell the joker to shut up, rather than slinking off into the shadows to sulk?
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

Whoa, dude, first of all, you weren't here. You don't know the pm's that went on, and finally I had to bother Hax to get involved when someone went into my account, which was just stupid. Just cause I didn't choose to deal with it publicly doesn't mean I didn't try to deal with it -- not everything needs to be done in front of everyone. And I don't know why Hiero is getting his dander all up over me just saying I was happy that particular shyte died.

There's a difference between good-natured jokes, and when those jokes go on for a couple of months to the point where you can't even post anything real or serious anymore. That doesn't make you feel like family. Put it like this: how about everyone here started making seriously racist jokes. And maybe it's funny at first, and you play along, but then it goes on for a couple of months. And then people start posting "joke" picture threads about lynchings, or other racist material. And then they break into your account and post pics of a black man giving some guy a blowjob and post it under your name saying that was what you were doing last Saturday. And you tell me if that's going to make you feel like hanging around here.

And you missed my point about sexuality. It's about getting rid of the double standard, that when women do the same things men do they're sluts while men are heroes. Those threads were not about going after everyone. No one was demanding that Coz, or Syxx, or Chief, or Hiero, or Hax or any of the guys post their bootay pics. The forum started becoming a "boyz only" club for a little while, and I've noticed that none of the women who used to be regular members are around anymore.

I started coming to this board because there was a good vibe, and I stuck around because there used to be some really amazing discussions with Coz and other people about some really hard-core issues. I used to love getting into it with Coz over history and social issues. And I didn't "slink off to the shadows to sulk" -- I seriously left, with the intention of never coming back. I came back cause after PM Dawn was on "Hit me Baby" I checked out the board and the vibe seemed alright again, so I thought I'd try it out.

We used to have some really cool threads, like the word association threads, and the "finish the story" threads. Syxx used to post some really funny shyte, and Chief and Coz used to get into it which was hilar. And we used to have some really hot debates about social issues and history. So if the only thing you guys found of value around here was the demands for bootay pics, then it doesn't say a hell of a lot for this board.
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

Quote Originally Posted by justafan
    Hero, I hear what you are saying, but are you listening to what Mistress was saying? I think that you should have said 'what we said was never SUPPOSED to be taken personally.' Because intention has nothing to do with others perception. If other people get offended at something(which it sounds like mistress was) that you are doing - and you see nothing wrong with it, then there is a problem. I am not placing blame, just stating that a divide is formed when thing like that happen.

I was hear when the sensitivity thing was at its peak - everyone was just freaking out. It was a real crazy time(when elizabeth left). I think that equal doses of sensitivity to other peoples ways and respect for other peoples ways would be the ideal equation. It's a win win - if no one ever feels slighted, taken advantage of, or any of that and also has a laugh at the jokes and gains positive things from this site. I am sure that everyone here is trying to live their lives trying to be good, get good, feel good and live good.

So let's all comprehend our similar and different aspect - feel our common interests together - and focus on making everything that we do a positive thing in our lives. As the Dalai Lama would say - we need to develope compassion for each other.

I have to stop typing now or I am going to blow up. Rarely do I take such a pussee-@zz positive attitude and I don't want you guys to get the wrong idea about me - maybe I will go and write a morbid poem in Musings now - lol
    Didn't you start this thread? So do you like this place "boring", or not?
    Alright
    Yeah...

No I don't like it boring. I was trying to give a pep talk to everyone with my last response. I knew something was different with you and Hero, I didn't know what it was though. This thread has mentioned at least some of the things going on, the reason things have gone down hill here. Louis doesn't post much around here anymore, syxx is always working, Be is rarely around, Hax doesn't post much, Hero has a bad attitude (not blaming him at all), Chief is MIA... you guys are the forum members that I have known all along that also includes Brian, Chris, Etherspin, SameDeep, SDL, Harm... etc, you know, the people that have been here for over two years, I first met you all when I joined (Oct 2003).

I don't know what I was trying to do totally. It looks pretty grim to me. Way more today than last night. I don't know. But I have also seen it worse around here... I don't know what the future brings.
    Last edited by justafan; 10-28-2005 at 04:46 PM.
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress M
    Those threads were not about going after everyone. No one was demanding that Coz, or Syxx, or Chief, or Hiero, or Hax or any of the guys post their bootay pics. The forum started becoming a "boyz only" club for a little while, and I've noticed that none of the women who used to be regular members are around anymore.
    They were jokes, and everybody knew it. It seemed like it was an all boys club because that was basically all that was here. We had Elizabeth, Deity, Lisa, Rumi and you. None of you complained, and you were the only one who left. I said MANY times that I would stop if anyone was offended, and only received encouragement.

And girls DID ask for bootay pix...and RECEIVED THEM, which is more than the guys ever did until recently. Which was always fine with us by the way, the joke was in the asking. Brian 221 even posted a pic of himself bare assed!

For those that wanted serious discussions we put in the On-Topic forum and enforced the rules there. Those that lacked a sense of humor like you and Rumi tended to stay in there. I went to war MANY times to keep threads that contained controversial issues in there open.

Every demand for bootay pix was done in fun, and EVERYONE knew it. That's why we called it "bootay" instead of booty. Back then, NOBODY posted them, and NOBODY was hit with any of the things they were threatened with, nor did they expect to be.

Now, to this day I don't know who posted that pic under your user. I don't even think I was a mod or admin yet. I seem to remember though that it was as a joke on Filmwiz, who was harassing the girls for pictures, so somebody posted a pic of a guy in bikini underwear shot from the back using your user. Filmwiz was brand new here at the time, so that whole episode had NOTHING to do with the bootay pix stuff or any boy's club nonsense. Regardless, that whole thing was HILARIOUS! Whoever did it should have asked you beforehand, or asked 1 of the other girls instead, but it was funny just the same. Nothing has been funny around here for a long fukkin time. Now, I'm sure some like it that way, but some of us miss the funny.

As for the other girls not being here anymore, Deity and Rumi still drop in from time to time...life is taking up much of their time. Lisa has life issues as well, but I'm sure she still loves this place and we love her as well. Elizabeth left on some personal shit. Perhaps she would agree with you on much of what you have said. All I know is that she probably did more to kill this place than anybody else.
    Alright
    Yeah...

Intelligent Posts :11

woahhhh......what the hell????? yall are just a bunch of whinney bitches..

notice the smiley after the bitches..that insinuates being sarcastic...a term that not a lot of people catch....this is how you cure that.....reach behind your ear and find that lil nob there....(dont hit the wrong one coz, cuz your belltones volume is there also)..turn it up so your detectors can catch those subtle hints better......

now...as for me..ive been swamped with a shitload of things going on.....car being broke down.....still unpacking from the move to the new house....PTA shit for my sons school.......having to train my new employee.....trying to make my wife understand that i am the alpha male and now that she is mine, she is to do as she is told.......making my youngest understand, that although you see daddy throw the cat, its not right to pick it up and toss it downstairs........dealing with a neurotic family that likes to bitch about everything.....figuring out how i can make it so the neighbors dont get too comfortable with me and send their kids over (i figure to run outside with my wife-beater on, tin foil on my head and screaming "THEY WILL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!!!" think that will work????) ..............still trying to make my wife understand that although we are married, i can still hit on her friends(that one goes over welllllll)....dealing with the mother of my children and her jealousy of the amount of time i spend with the kids (its not my fault she works 3rd shift)..................

+ Reply to Thread