+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Again

I ain't your sucka baby.. The_Kay_Dee's Avatar

Again

Hi.
    Sorry for the previous post I laid. I got kinda overwhelmed by the amount of
    just plain sad material I was being exposed (Still am) to. My Apartment complex has filled to capacity with survivors and victims of the Hurricane.
    It began to give me hope that we could come together to help these people.... Then...... Two guys get chased and arrested in my neighborhood for trying to deal drugs in the WIDE OPEN! A woman stabs a mexican guy for playing his music too loud at night, and the family that moved in directly across from me throws a "WE SURVIVED AND AIN'T GOIN' BACK" party and the intited guests get into a drunken brawl in the parking lot.....
    Arlington now has TWO serial rapists at work (One known to be and one believed to be sex offenders from N.O.) and several attempted abductions ranging in age from 10 to 45 by criminals from the devastated area. Now, I want to help out all I can and I try to refrain from making judgements, but.....
    I can't take much more of this. I am afraid to let my son play outside even with the girl next door due to these recent events. and If that isn't enough, now theres RITA. We even have a viral outbreak and everyone is coming down with Vomittng and Diarrhea for three to four days and other flulike symptoms. and 2 confirmed cases of Hepatitis A. Am I an ASSHOLE?
    Due to the fact that I want to leave Texas ASAP and NEVER RETURN?
    A man is where he loves, not where he lives....

No, your not an asshole. You are simply in a very difficult situation dealing with it the best way that you can.

I do not envy you and hope that things turn out for the best.

*best wishes*
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

Wow. That's some $hit! I'm sorry that your city was invaded so negatively. They're here in Miami, too.
    Your new neighbors would fit in without a hitch since we are loaded with rapists, drunkards, brawlers, etc., etc.

You know, that really sucks though!

Keep ranting and raving all you want. You have a right to, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by wendyful04
    Wow. That's some $hit! I'm sorry that your city was invaded so negatively. They're here in Miami, too.
    Your new neighbors would fit in without a hitch since we are loaded with rapists, drunkards, brawlers, etc., etc.
    Everyday life in Miami would send the crooks from New Orleans screaming, running and swimming for Cuba.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

Nobody swims toward Cuba! I don't even think the wind blows in that direction from here.

My long-time dream (which I have been gathering info. on for many years now) has been to move to New Orleans.

I dream about that city. I always said, "If I leave Miami, it will be to live in New Orleans!"

What the flip should I do now?

I always said, "If I leave Miami, it will be to live in New Orleans!"

What the flip should I do now?
    Ummm, stay in Miami? Just a thought...

; )

fuggettaboutit

I still want to go there. I'll bring my ax and my water jugs and rid myself of this horrid town I live in.

Yeah right. Has anyone ever been in Miami, in October, during a full moon, standing outside with the breeze going, with the thunder and the lightening and the music that seems to be everywhere? It's like magic. It's like butter!

Oh I cannot leave this place!

Imagine having to quickly and violently leave behind your beloved city?
    And move to a strange town?
    All your photos and cds and your precious video collection washed away.
    No more job. No more health insurance.
    Your favorite spot on your bed......nonexistant. (No, not the wet spot)
    The little computer set-up on your table......destroyed.
    Your always-missing remote control......useless.
    Your children/husband/sister/dad/mom/brother/wife/girlfriend/best friend/neighbor/coworker......missing or dead or sick or defeated
    Last edited by wendyful04; 09-22-2005 at 10:52 PM. Reason: shhhh

Quote Originally Posted by justafan
    No, your not an asshole. You are simply in a very difficult situation dealing with it the best way that you can.

I do not envy you and hope that things turn out for the best.

*best wishes*
    Ditto (well said)
    The Father's letter is for you. His ways are higher than ours. It takes time to grow a seed and bear good fruit. Rebuke the devourer. The battle is the Lord's and He will be victorious.

If that makes me crazy then that's okay.
    Reverence for the Father and his instructions outweighs all else.
    In all directions, love one another give us grace for agreement with Your will.
    Leaving all else behind us.
    I love you God; show me the real truth not idols.
    Pleading the blood on life and the world all over.
    so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljak
    Everyday life in Miami would send the crooks from New Orleans screaming, running and swimming for Cuba.
    You must not get to Nawlins much.....

fuggettaboutit

I still want to go there. I'll bring my ax and my water jugs and rid myself of this horrid town I live in.

Yeah right. Has anyone ever been in Miami, in October, during a full moon, standing outside with the breeze going, with the thunder and the lightening and the music that seems to be everywhere? It's like magic. It's like butter!

Oh I cannot leave this place!

Imagine having to quickly and violently leave behind your beloved city?
    And move to a strange town?
    All your photos and cds and your precious video collection washed away.
    No more job. No more health insurance.
    Your favorite spot on your bed......nonexistant. (No, not the wet spot)
    The little computer set-up on your table......destroyed.
    Your always-missing remote control......useless.
    Your children/husband/sister/dad/mom/brother/wife/girlfriend/best friend/neighbor/coworker......missing or dead or sick or defeated
    That is the situation in it entirety. That and the fact that the news reports 50,000 to 200,000 people, when the #'s are closer to 300,000 people here in Tx. EVERYTHING is being completely overrun and the prices are going up so fast it's scary. the only thing being regulated IS gas prices.
    Want an apartment? the ones that the owners haven't applied for a housing/section 8 liscence (so they can rent to people on housing)
    on, the price has jumped from average $495 for a good 1 bdrm to $600 for a ghetto 1 bdrm. ALL to get that $$$ from Uncle Sam. THe duplex across the street rented for $800. It was at $675 and my mother was looing into getting it. The guy that owns it rented it to Evacuees newly given to Texas housing and RAISED the price. They don't care, it's free to them.
    G.W. will soon have black neighbors in crawford, and I don't think he is gonna like it. THe averages for the migration.....
    60% black 10% hispanic 10% asian (yeah I was like "WhaaaaaaT!!!! too...)
    10-12% white and the rest are "Unaccounted" as the news says....
    Another frightrening thought. Several HUNDRED N.O. and Louisiana sex offenders left N.O. before, during and after the hurricane......
    25 to 35 have been caught another 50 or so have been IDENTIFIED, but not detained or registered. that leaves how many??????
    Not to mention the various Drug dealers, assault artists, murderers and other assorted criminals that skipped out and won't go back. the Police in my 'hood
    have orders to stop and I.D. EVERYONE. not just "suspects"
    The population went from 400 community persons to 752 total "subjects"
    in 1 1/2 weeks. This is just mindboggling...... Chuk & boogie probably have some of he same types of things going on in Austin right now.

do what you gotta do man.. if you've got the sense to get outta there then you deserve to be in a better place, or brave it if you will.. you'll sort it ..
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kay_Dee
    That is the situation in it entirety. That and the fact that the news reports 50,000 to 200,000 people, when the #'s are closer to 300,000 people here in Tx. EVERYTHING is being completely overrun and the prices are going up so fast it's scary. the only thing being regulated IS gas prices.
    Want an apartment? the ones that the owners haven't applied for a housing/section 8 liscence (so they can rent to people on housing)
    on, the price has jumped from average $495 for a good 1 bdrm to $600 for a ghetto 1 bdrm. ALL to get that $$$ from Uncle Sam. THe duplex across the street rented for $800. It was at $675 and my mother was looing into getting it. The guy that owns it rented it to Evacuees newly given to Texas housing and RAISED the price. They don't care, it's free to them.
    G.W. will soon have black neighbors in crawford, and I don't think he is gonna like it. THe averages for the migration.....
    60% black 10% hispanic 10% asian (yeah I was like "WhaaaaaaT!!!! too...)
    10-12% white and the rest are "Unaccounted" as the news says....
    Another frightrening thought. Several HUNDRED N.O. and Louisiana sex offenders left N.O. before, during and after the hurricane......
    25 to 35 have been caught another 50 or so have been IDENTIFIED, but not detained or registered. that leaves how many??????
    Not to mention the various Drug dealers, assault artists, murderers and other assorted criminals that skipped out and won't go back. the Police in my 'hood
    have orders to stop and I.D. EVERYONE. not just "suspects"
    The population went from 400 community persons to 752 total "subjects"
    in 1 1/2 weeks. This is just mindboggling...... Chuk & boogie probably have some of he same types of things going on in Austin right now.
    Not to belittle your misery but in Miami an efficiency in the ghetto rents for $600..
    A 'good' one bedroom, $950.+
    minimum wage: $6.15/hr
    I looked up sex offenders in just my zip code:about 150, and there are like
    20-something zip codes in Miami - mine is in what's considered a rural area.
    Average 2-bedroom home in an ok area: $180,000
    2-bed in a 'good' area:$250,000+

As far as the cops: I speed like a maniac and the cops will smile at me and then pull over a car full of Black or Hispanic dudes going the speed limit.

I've had to stop the cops from beating the crap out young guys in my old neighborhood several times. Yes, I actually haul ass outside and start in on them (both the cops and the guy) with my 'teacher' tone of voice

If you don't like it, you might want to consider moving because it probably won't get better any time soon. If you stay, you will become accustomed to this new way of living. Do you want that?

I love my city but it's always been this way. You're having to experience this overnight. That's harsh on you and your family.

It sounds like the Mariel Boatlift exodus in the early 80's. (yes, the Scarface one). I was in elementary school so it was exciting to me; however, all of my friends' parents either moved out or started planning for it. We stayed.
    Last edited by wendyful04; 10-12-2005 at 11:36 AM.

Not to belittle your misery but in Miami an efficiency in the ghetto rents for $600..
    A 'good' one bedroom, $950.+
    minimum wage: $6.15/hr
    I looked up sex offenders in just my zip code:about 150, and there are like
    20-something zip codes in Miami - mine is in what's considered a rural area.
    Average 2-bedroom home in an ok area: $180,000
    2-bed in a 'good' area:$250,000+

As far as the cops: I speed like a maniac and the cops will smile at me and then pull over a car full of Black or Hispanic dudes going the speed limit.

I've had to stop the cops from beating the crap out young guys in my old neighborhood several times. Yes, I actually haul ass outside and start in on them (both the cops and the guy) with my 'teacher' tone of voice

If you don't like it, you might want to consider moving because it probably won't get better any time soon. If you stay, you will become accustomed to this new way of living. Do you want that?

I love my city but it's always been this way. You're having to experience this overnight. That's harsh on you and your family.

It sounds like the Mariel Boatlift exodus in the early 80's. (yes, the Scarface one). I was in elementary school so it was exciting to me; however, all of my friends' parents either moved out or started planning for it. We stayed.
    See, there is a slight difference there. The prices you listed are the NORMAL ones. The prices continue to go up as more owners realize that FEMA and the state and local gov't are giving the survivors 18 months of FREE rent.
    THe gov't is paying UPFRONT the asking price for any domicle available.
    This is creating a sitaution wherein hard working people are being denied the opportunity to renew leases because of GREED. If a unit was $750 2 months ago the prices have gone up not once but 2-3 times. And some of my neighbors are being evicted under false pretenses or offered the outlandish prices the survivors reperesentatives can pay and they are losing thier homes.
    Move somewhere else? Not likely for them. A minimum wage earning, making ends meet with gov't assistance, two children, single mother doesn't have the resources to do that. Hell a family in those same categories can't go very far. Two close friend/families are HOMELESS now due to this gouging. (I mean livin' in a shelter wit' drunken bums homeless.) I offered a little assistance, and let one fam stay for 4 days, but I couldn't handle 3 extra kids w/o thier parents disipline. The # of sex offenders in the area continues to grow. Every day in the news we get another alert of 2 more offenders caught and registered. Law enforcement says the # should be dropping very soon.
    And as for the cops...... I don't drive. I got stopped twice in two hours on foot. If you are outside (This includes patios) the cops stop and give you hell.
    The 2nd family from the previous paragraph was evicted after the police reported the family was having trouble following the police issued "guidelines"
    The girl has 6 kids, they play on the balcony after dinner so they won't be kidnapped or assaulted...) the police called them Agressive menaces to others safety. and Issued Tamika (the mom) a ticket for disorderly conduct,
    and child negligence. ( the kids are on an enclosed patio with mom looking through a sloding glass door at the kids.) They cruise looking for people to stop. Instead of two to a car the ride four to a car. They drop off two and those walk around checking the "trouble areas" (Those being the areas that the management has earmarked for patrol and control). If you take out your trash, better carry two forms of I.D. and an inkpad for fingerprints.
    a couple of people have been arrested for not being able to properly identify who they are when taking out thier garbage.
    I know I sound like a whiner, but there is a problem in the way this is being handled by almost every agency involved. Oh and this IS NOT my city, town, or county. I live here because I don't make enough to move, I got lucky and renewed my lease 2 weeks before the hurricane, so unless I get one of those
    police reports in my file, I have until next year before I lose my place. I like the people that moved across from me, they have some good ole' times
    and they party like they will never do it again, and even though they are loud, when they aren't drunk, they are nice people. there are alot of good hard working people that have moved from the devasted area here, No problem w/ that. My problem is with the establishment (Oh goody a "The MAN"
    reference) using these peoples predicament as a way to profit and to invade peoples lives.

+ Reply to Thread